Here’s my Iceland map for “Railroads!”. Obviously Iceland isn’t known for its extensive rail network,
(Iceland has no rail network) but I think it makes quite a playable game map.
Unzip Iceland.zip into your My DocumentsMy GamesSid Meier’s Railroads!
Craggy, Volcanic Isle in the North Atlantic
This scenario covers Iceland
- Large 15×15 size map
- Semi-realistic DEM (Digital Elevation Model) based terrain
- Lots of Icelandic towns and settlements, accurately placed as far as possible
- Economy based largely on
and woollen goods
- Single-player Scenario included
- Follow the links to Wikipedia articles on Icelandfrom this page, for some interesting background reading on Iceland,
and its culture.
The Single-player Scenario includes these three eras::
- 1850-1890: “The volcanic isle” It is 1850. You must feed the coastal villages of Iceland
with fish and bring in the
milkfrom the dairies.
- 1891-1930: “Mail by Rail” It is 1891. Encourage the growth of villages into towns by
running an efficient mail delivery service.
Then focus your efforts on building passengertraffic.
- Move at least 20 cars of mail between villages, to attract trade to your stations.
- Move at least 30 cars of passengers.
- Build or purchase a textile mill in any town to support the Icelandic knitwear industry.
- Attain a net worth of ISK10 million.
- Expand your empire by buying a 50% stake in another company.
- 1931-1980: “The modern era” It is 1931. Deliver the distinctive knitwear produced by your textile mills.
to Reykjavik and meet the demand for
medical suppliesat either hospital.