Here’s my Eastern Europe map for “Railroads!”. Centered on Ukraine, it stretches from Poland to Iraq, and from Russia to the Balkans. Unzip Ukraine.zip into your My DocumentsMy GamesSid Meier’s Railroads!
Eastern Europe (Ukraine)
- Large 15×15 size map
- Semi-realistic DEM (Digital Elevation Model) based terrain
- Lots of European towns and cities, accurately placed as far as possible
The Single-player Scenario includes these three eras::
- 1850-1889: “The first era”In 1883 the first Express d’Orient left Paris for Vienna. Vienna remained the terminus until 1883. You must build your fledgling railway by establishing an extension to the Orient Express route, to take passengers from Austria to Varna in Bulgaria. From here they will cross by ferry to Istanbul. Later you will expand your network to include Istanbul, and Moscow.
- Connect Vienna, Budapest, Bucharest and Varna,
- Build terminals in both Vienna and Varna.
- Deliver the first Orient Express passengers from Vienna to Varna.
- Try to gain at least a 20 percent share in another rail company.
- 1890-1939: “The second era” You must develop your expanding railway empire by connecting the major cities of Moscow and Istanbul.
- Connect Moscow to Istanbul.
- Upgrade your depots in Moscow and Istanbul to terminals.
- Deliver 20 loads of milk to the cheese factory in Moscow.
Deliver 20 loads of wool to the carpet makers in Istanbul.
- Attain a net worth of 10 million Rubles.
- 1940-1980: “The third era”You must build income from your railway empire by expanding freight operations.
- Connect Baku, Tbilisi, and Ceyhan to provide economic infrastructure to support the construction of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline. This pipeline will one day bring oil from the Caspian Sea oilfields around Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, to the port of Ceyhan on Turkey’s Mediterranean Coast. (While you’re at it, you might want to connect into the Kirkuk oilfields in Iraq as well.)
- Deliver 50 loads of oil to the marine transport terminal in Ceyhan.
Deliver 50 loads of cars (and tractors) from Moscow to any city that requires them.
- Attain a net worth of 20 million Rubles.
- Achieve a 70% stake in another company.