Global XML Instructions

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
atani

Post by atani » Mon May 14, 2007 3:02 pm

Dr Frag wrote:In other words, if you did not install SMR to the default directory then the installers may not work well for you. I installed SMR to C:\Games\Railroads so of course my custom content folder is C:\Documents and Settings\Dr Frag\My Documents\My Games\Railroads but I have been manually customizing my XMLs from the start so it's not that big a deal for me to install a new map, and I like to know what's in there anyway. :P I use 7-zip to extract the installer files and then manually install the custom content. Not a cake walk but it's doable.
I will add a bit of code to the installers in future versions to do a bit better job looking up the customization install point.

Mike

Chalako

Post by Chalako » Mon May 14, 2007 3:02 pm

Snoopy55, Pete and DrFragg, i saw it when after i replyed.I changed the name of the right folder but the game couldn't find the maps anymore, so i uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the right(!!!!) name this time and everything is running smootly now.

Exept when i played that Rocky mountains map the game crashed when i reached Denver.

Thanks again, guys.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon May 14, 2007 4:15 pm

I do have a custom install.
C:\Sid Meier's Railroads!
Once I put the exclamation mark in the name, the installers are putting everything in the right place.......C:\Documents and settings\Pete\yada\yada........

Chalako.......Glad to know your running ok now.
If it wasn't for the Atani's, Snoops and Frags and others; I'd have put a gun to my head long before now.

Pete

parnyman

Post by parnyman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:57 am

Installed the holiday scenario, played it and everything worked like a charm. Then I extracted choobaccaPak.zip and put the files into the right folders. Everytime I now start a scenario the game crashes. I have no other maps or mods installed. Same thing appears to happen everytime I install new FPK-files. If I delete them, the game works fine (except for the related scenarios, of course).

Any idea? Thanks!

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:38 pm

You sure you'r using Atani's installers?

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:01 am

parnyman wrote:Installed the holiday scenario, played it and everything worked like a charm. Then I extracted choobaccaPak.zip and put the files into the right folders. Everytime I now start a scenario the game crashes. I have no other maps or mods installed. Same thing appears to happen everytime I install new FPK-files. If I delete them, the game works fine (except for the related scenarios, of course).

Any idea? Thanks!
FPK files are fine.
Must be the way you are putting the files in, or you are missing stuff.

Do like Warll says...use the installer for that map and see if that fixs it. If not post a thread on the page where that map was made and posted.