My 1st map...Rebuild the towns.

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
dick810

Post by dick810 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:23 am

snoppy55 maybe i am not a rocket scientist but how in the sam hill am i to know your revision is the the one that is going to work I don't want to be picky but this forum is very hard to follow when there has been a update to a program
amd 3500 64
2 gig memory
200 and 13 gig hard drive
fx 5200 256 meg
on board soound
dsl
dvd and cd burner
and a ancient 1.44 floppy which i keep tansplanting

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:33 am

dick810 - yes, I have to agree with you there. I have been saying for some time that the downloads need to be the first post of the thread, the installers right below it in the same post, and all changes and updates noted in the first post and changed there. Sometimes the first download is a page or more into the thread.

If you look at the post I did, I stated that I repaired the error. Yes, there are posts below it that mention the error, but if you check the dates and times with the very bottom line of my post, which states that it was changed and when, you'll see it falls just before your post.

After your post I deleted my version of the map, downloaded the latest upload I had done adn tested it. Tests out OK.

All that was really done was that I had put a RRT_Depot.xml in the folder, planing to change it, and got interrupted, and forgot about it. The only real thing you need to do is to either delete the copy you have, download the one on my post and re-install it, OR just go into the folder and delete the RRT_Depot.xml file that is in there.

I'm sorry for all the trouble :evil: . There are and will be problems with this game and the materials from here :twisted: . Heck, look what we had to start with :roll: .............
Last edited by snoopy55 on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Zorander

Post by Zorander » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:06 pm

I would also like to see a revision date posted with the file. This way you can double check the file vs the post that said it was revised.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:54 pm

Zorander - if you look at the base of both my update and Geekyones' first post, you'll see an edited line that is put there by the forum server. This appears anytime the contents of the post is changed. A TXT file with the changes in it should also be added for those of us like dwax and I (and alot of you others) who make changes in our downloaded maps. That way we can incorporate the new changes without losing the changes we have made. A lot of mappers start with version 1.0 and go from there. This needs to be added to the post with the changes, which some do.

I'll start a thread on Chat dealing with this. Anyone with something to say about it, come on over and put your half-cent in. The existing threads can be edited for 'downloads in first post'. The only real problem I see is those that download and install everything and then post these problems they have, which, if they would have read the full thread, were possibly explained.

perunga

red things

Post by perunga » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:21 am

hello

Could somebody fix the red things that appeared in the game and cause the game crashed. Never happen this to me before.

Thank you very much.

atani

Re: red things

Post by atani » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:39 am

perunga wrote:hello

Could somebody fix the red things that appeared in the game and cause the game crashed. Never happen this to me before.

Thank you very much.
Look up a few posts for a reply to Dick810 by Snoopy for the fix.

Mike

perunga

Post by perunga » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:39 pm

I did it, but The "Reds Things" (spheres) still in a few cities and between the Hills.
Every time I click them, the game crashed. Its the first map that it crashed in my game.

Thank you very much

atani

Post by atani » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:16 pm

perunga wrote:I did it, but The "Reds Things" (spheres) still in a few cities and between the Hills.
Every time I click them, the game crashed. Its the first map that it crashed in my game.

Thank you very much
My guess is that this map requires some dependency from another map to be playable. I would suggest against using this map until it has been packaged for general consumption. (if it is ready for general consumption we need to know the dependencies etc)

Mike

CeeBee51

Post by CeeBee51 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 am

It's the taconite mine thats red and it is for me as well even though I have the Chicago- Denver map installed which I believe is the map taconite originated on. I'm wondering if there's something messed up it one of the xml's or is it just on my end?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:04 am

Well, I think the problem may not be at my end...... If you look and both of the maps they list it as Taconite Mine. The GLOBAL Industries XML lists it as Taconite Ore Mine and the GLOBAL RRT_Depot list both Annexes..... The Dredded Red Dot is on Chicago to the Rockies also, so the 'Taconite Mine' needs to be removed from the GLOBAL RRT_Depots and the 'Taconite Ore Mine' needs to be changed to 'Taconite Mine'. Then the 'Taconite Mine' needs to be removed from the GLOBAL RRT_Industries and the 'Taconite Ore Mine' needs to be changed to 'Taconite Mine'. I speak of the remove and rename because the Taconite Ore Mine has graphics that are needed and the changing needs to be done because we don't know how many other maps used it this way.
I'm thinking we need a database created that lists all Goods, Industries, Train cars, Tenders and Engines, and then each map with what is used in it. Maybe charactor for used and one for created. If someone knows of a free program that will do it, let me know and I'll attempt it. And I'm sorry, I've never been a Microsoft fan, so if they have one, I'm not aware of it, but if they have it, I'll use it. Just let me know.