Dogworld 1.0

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Jimmylh

Dogworld 1.0

Post by Jimmylh » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:26 am

Here is a map with a scenario that I came up with. Yes, it's silly, but somebody out there may like it. I had fun making it anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: This is my finished version of DogWorld. I have added more
features such as new goods and added to the scenario. Leave feedback
if you have problems and I will try and fix them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Name : DogWorld
Map Size : 100 x 100
Scenario : Yes
Multiplayer : no
Version : Updated to version 1.0 as of Jan. 30,2007

release date: Jan. 17, 2007
Attachments
DogWorld_SAM.zip
(5.04 MiB) Downloaded 487 times
DogWorld.jpg
DogWorld.jpg (16.67 KiB) Viewed 13128 times
dogworld1.0.zip
Finished version 1.0
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 620 times
Last edited by Jimmylh on Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:27 am, edited 7 times in total.
Jimmy

atani

Post by atani » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:36 am

Good map, only problem is on the retire screen the dog president image is too tall to fit within the borders. I finished it in Oct 1908 with 3 AI and all objectives met. 125 pts for net worth, 25 for prestige and not sure on objectives due to dog image covering the screen.

How did you rename the various retire tags?

Mike

Jimmylh

Post by Jimmylh » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:07 pm

Unfortunately, I can't get Paint Shop Pro to merge layers without the back ground turning white. :oops: I tried to re-size the image to leave room at the bottom of the retirement screen but then I couldn't get the .dds file to save. If anybody knows how to correct my image to keep the transparent background I would really like to know how.

As far as editing the retirement names on the left side, that was easy. You just edit the RRT_Quayle.xml file and change the names to what you want. Then re-name to RRT_Quayle_XXXX.xml (XXXX being your custom name) and save the file into your usermap folder. Then edit your RRT_Scenario_XXXX.xml to point to the new Quayle file.

Any requests, help or comments are welcome. Thanks for downloading. :)

atani

Post by atani » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:07 am

Jimmylh wrote: As far as editing the retirement names on the left side, that was easy. You just edit the RRT_Quayle.xml file and change the names to what you want. Then re-name to RRT_Quayle_XXXX.xml (XXXX being your custom name) and save the file into your usermap folder. Then edit your RRT_Scenario_XXXX.xml to point to the new Quayle file.
Something I would suggest for the next release of this map (and others who modify the finish names/images) please name the dds files uniquely so they only show up on this map!

I have renamed the two dds files to be dogtown_* and updated the RRT_Quale_XXXX.xml to reference the new names.

Mike

Jimmylh

Post by Jimmylh » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:28 pm

atani wrote:
Jimmylh wrote: As far as editing the retirement names on the left side, that was easy. You just edit the RRT_Quayle.xml file and change the names to what you want. Then re-name to RRT_Quayle_XXXX.xml (XXXX being your custom name) and save the file into your usermap folder. Then edit your RRT_Scenario_XXXX.xml to point to the new Quayle file.
Something I would suggest for the next release of this map (and others who modify the finish names/images) please name the dds files uniquely so they only show up on this map!

I have renamed the two dds files to be dogtown_* and updated the RRT_Quale_XXXX.xml to reference the new names.

Mike
Sorry about that. I haven't played any of the other maps since I uploaded this one and didn't realize there was an interference problem. Thanks for pointing that out. I will upload a fix as soon as possible.

*****Update***** new fixed version uploaded.
Jimmy

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:23 pm

Nice map, Jimmy.
Played it through with no problems.

Thanks
Pete

Jimmylh

Post by Jimmylh » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:24 am

Just uploaded a fix for the retirement images that were to big. I finally figured out how to correctly edit the .dds images and save with the transparent background.
Jimmy

atani

Post by atani » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:12 am

Jimmylh wrote:Just uploaded a fix for the retirement images that were to big. I finally figured out how to correctly edit the .dds images and save with the transparent background.
Mangy mutt looks a lot like McGruff... Was that some sort of inspiration?

Mike

Jimmylh

Post by Jimmylh » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:54 am

atani wrote:
Jimmylh wrote:Just uploaded a fix for the retirement images that were to big. I finally figured out how to correctly edit the .dds images and save with the transparent background.
Mangy mutt looks a lot like McGruff... Was that some sort of inspiration?

Mike
Yep, stole the face right off of McGruff. I'm no artist and the pic was just right for a cut and paste... :wink:
Jimmy

smokin

Post by smokin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:30 pm

thanks for sharing this and enhancing the game.

K-class

Post by K-class » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Just want to add thanks for this amusing map. Good to see a different take on things and the latest update.

For me to run this I had to remove all the global xml files as when map loads SMR CTD.

Once global xml's removed then SMR runs sweet as no CTDs for this map.

(global xmls have really made a differance for this game and would like this map with global xml's.)

I see you have some of these global xml files in the map folder.

Namely the RRT_Goods.xml and RRT_TrainCars.xml

If I delete these and add back the global xmls SMR CTD on load.

You may have some customistion in these?

Even tried the latest xmls posted today 03/02/2007

:D

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:51 pm

K-class - There are some things in this map that need to be added to the Globals. Unless someone beats me to it, I should get a NewMapRequirements TXT for it today.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:10 pm

K-class - I set it up for Global and played it for ~30 minutes, making sure all the Goods, Industries and TrainCars worked OK. The map template is in the ZIP.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Attachments
DogworldGlobal.zip
This is the Global version.
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 467 times
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

K-class

Post by K-class » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:05 pm

Once again snoopy55 you come to our rescue Fraxis should be paying you some of the royalties.

The global xml you and choobacca have done up and work of others testing these (slappyg gforce Dr fragand and the new installer from atani and you other mappers and forum members here have made a real differance to this game. (sorry if I forgot others you know who you are.)

I actually get to play without CTD's and are now enjoying this game as intended.

Appreciate the quick reply and files and Im off to go play. :D :D

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:51 pm

snoopy55 wrote:K-class - I set it up for Global and played it for ~30 minutes, making sure all the Goods, Industries and TrainCars worked OK. The map template is in the ZIP.

Let me know if you have any problems.
snoopy, do you still have to mod the XML's?? I think I will stay away from it if you do. Always run into problems. :)