railroads disappearing and/or flooding

Trouble getting the game to run? Ask here!
espartaco

railroads disappearing and/or flooding

Post by espartaco » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:18 pm

After applying patch 1.01, the game is unplayable, I am very disappointed and frustated. The rails disappear and the trains keep going on roads; sometimes the entire screen gets flooded and the trains now look like boats. What a crappy programming! unbelievable.
I didn't play the pre-patch version, I bought it (big mistake) and installed the patch even before ny first game. The demo is better than the game.

leo

Post by leo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:24 pm

I am going to make a wild guess and say it has something to do with your computer not the game. Most people are raving about the patch and how it saved the game for them. The demo doesnt have everything the patch has.

Your problems sounds like video ... or maybe the CPU.

Useful information would be what scenario you are playing ... is it one that came with the game or did you download it or something? What kind of CPU and video card do you have? Do you have the latest drivers for everything? Directx?

Have you tried playing on a different computer ... did you try reinstalling without the patch? Did you shut off all the background programs? Do you have anything hooked to your computer that doesnt need to be there?

One guy in another forum had a device attached to his computer .. as soon as he unplugged it the game ran fine.

Might not be able to help but the more info the better the chance ...

espartaco

Post by espartaco » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:44 pm

Well, if an AMD dual core 64-4200Mhz with 2 gigs mem and Nvidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache machine can not handle that game, who to blame? I don't even have antivirus in my system which is not yet one year old.
It happens on all scenarios, the graphics settings are at the minimum or off.
I switched to Warcraft 3 with no problems and I have many more games that run just fine.
I will try the RR with no patch to see what happens.
thanks for your suggestions anyways.

leo

Post by leo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:43 pm

I have same cpu as you , 2 gigs of corsair ddr2 , and a geforce7600gt.

Game runs smooth as silk...

I downloaded a patch from the AMD site for the dual core processor, helps games interact with the 2 cpu's.

Things that could happen if you dont have the patch is game lock ups , crashes, and weird graphic glitches.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/Tec ... 18,00.html

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer. Try that patch.

dick810

Post by dick810 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:19 pm

this program seems to be a memorie hog after running it for a while i can grow old waiting for it to lay track i am running a 3500 amd 1 meg of mem 5200 nvida vid card with all the lates patches this game has issues