dwax
No votes
CalmDragon
14%

Total votes: 14

Lowell

Re: Mod?

Post by Lowell » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:43 pm

That would be great Burlington_Northern_3140. That was what I was saying on my last post about there being more than one.

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:58 pm

Selecting a moderator is Falconer's responsibility. It is not a popularity contest. And even if it were, I wouldn't wish a moderator's title on anyone--it is a thankless task.
Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Now, another idea I had is that all three of us can be moderators. Each of us should consult with each other before amending a rule or ban. This would allow the three of us to act as a committee. We would require two other moderators to agree and vote for our idea before allowing it to be carried out. Comments?
Nice thought, but impractical. It is most unlikely any three moderators would be on at the same time. When action is needed, it is needed NOW, not next week.

I wish the best of luck to whoever winds up being selected as moderator of this forum. We have seen how childish and immature some of our forum members have behaved, so whoever is selected could have their hands full. I hope that person will have the authority to temp ban those who misbehave on this forum as I believe it is the best method to get the miscreant's attention.

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:14 am

Greybriar wrote:Selecting a moderator is Falconer's responsibility. It is not a popularity contest. And even if it were, I wouldn't wish a moderator's title on anyone--it is a thankless task.
Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Now, another idea I had is that all three of us can be moderators. Each of us should consult with each other before amending a rule or ban. This would allow the three of us to act as a committee. We would require two other moderators to agree and vote for our idea before allowing it to be carried out. Comments?
Nice thought, but impractical. It is most unlikely any three moderators would be on at the same time. When action is needed, it is needed NOW, not next week.

I wish the best of luck to whoever winds up being selected as moderator of this forum. We have seen how childish and immature some of our forum members have behaved, so whoever is selected could have their hands full. I hope that person will have the authority to temp ban those who misbehave on this forum as I believe it is the best method to get the miscreant's attention.

I agree with all of that. Except for one thing: I never considered myself popular, I was kind of hoping folks actually thought I was well suited for the job. And who better to spot a miscreant (great and underused word btw) than a former miscreant??

I also hope that all of our passionate discussion and concern for the forum helps falconer realize were not a bad bunch after all :wink:
-Bob the Lunatic

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:46 am

Just throwing out ideas. I see your point. Bob is definately suited to the job. He is a shrewd and terribly evil, power hungry, monster, as you all know. :P What is in GREEN is sarcastic. What is in BLUE is serious.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:48 am

Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Just throwing out ideas. I see your point. Bob is definately suited to the job. He is a shrewd and terribly evil, power hungry, monster, as you all know. :P What is in GREEN is sarcastic. What is in BLUE is serious.

Well, if nothing else... getting rid of the troublemakers has caused BN to come out of his shell... and I for one, think it is a good thing.

Just so you know BN, I'm dead serious-I'm not nearly as talented as you sir on the sarcasm lol.
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:49 am

hey wait, so I'm NOT shrewd??? But shrewd is a GOOD thing, I want to be shrewd!! Quick someone offer to sell me something so I can haggle and show BN how very, very WRONG he is!!
-Bob the Lunatic

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:43 am

Sarcasm is easy. :wink: :twisted: Now I did expect to get you to obsess over trying to be shrewed. That is exactly why I said I was sarcastic. :shock: :twisted: Now, judge for yourself on this post. :twisted: Now I never did have any such SHELL. I have always held an opinion. I, being misinformed and not caring to inform myself, didn't have the right one. :lol: Now, I have informed myself. So, I say: Who cares ban them all! :lol: You dun want me as mod. I shouldn't have asked. :lol:

Edit: I'm just too evil you know...
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:46 am

Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Sarcasm is easy. :wink: :twisted: Now I did expect to get you to obsess over trying to be shrewed. That is exactly why I said I was sarcastic. :shock: :twisted: Now, judge for yourself on this post. :twisted: Now I never did have any such SHELL. I have always held an opinion. I, being misinformed and not caring to inform myself, didn't have the right one. :lol: Now, I have informed myself. So, I say: Who cares ban them all! :lol: You dun want me as mod. I shouldn't have asked. :lol:

Edit: I'm just too evil you know...

As long as you think I'm shrewd... I think we're in agreement.
-Bob the Lunatic

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:48 am

Wrong interpretation! You're too nice to be shrewd! :twisted: :lol:

Edit: Everyone thinks I'm nuts, right? Well your right! :lol:
Thomas

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:55 am

Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Wrong interpretation! You're too nice to be shrewd! :twisted: :lol:

Are you trying to muscle in on my claim that I'm the Lunatic???? In the words of George Costanza (Seinfeld), "You have no idea who you are dealing with..."
-Bob the Lunatic

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:57 am

darthdroid wrote:In the words of George Costanza (Seinfeld), "You have no idea who you are dealing with..."
I knew that. :roll: :lol:
Thomas

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:01 am

darthdroid wrote:
Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:Wrong interpretation! You're too nice to be shrewd! :twisted: :lol:

Are you trying to muscle in on my claim that I'm the Lunatic???? In the words of George Costanza (Seinfeld), "You have no idea who you are dealing with..."
Now, I wasn't saying that, but it is a nice idea! It even has good proof!

Bob the Lunatic

I was just being sarcastic ya know. :wink:
Thomas

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:28 am

Hey!!
You all became a buch of pussycats????
Jancsika :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:41 am

Jancsika wrote:Hey!!
You all became a buch of pussycats????
Jancsika :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, it's easy now that the dogcatcher collected all the strays... :mrgreen:
-Bob the Lunatic

atani

Post by atani » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 am

dwax wrote:At one time atani was talking to Falconer about the job, never hear anymore.
Honestly I gave up waiting for someone to sort out the permissions issues. If someone can sort these out I would be willing to help out at moderating but with Falc's recent decision to close the forum I am not sure if it matters.