Any success with adding a station type?

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
stormfather

Any success with adding a station type?

Post by stormfather » Sat May 12, 2007 6:16 am

Has anyone ever tried to add a fourth station size? I added all the pertinent data into the depots.xml file, and the button appears in game, but whenI click it (even if I do have the money), the terminal never upgrades.

Has anyone ever had luck with this?
Attachments
Terminal.JPG
Terminal.JPG (154.86 KiB) Viewed 3812 times

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat May 12, 2007 6:30 am

How are you going about this? Have you tried keeping the Terminal building and just changing the color or adding a building on the other side of the track?

Just thoughts.....a bit painful to do tho :shock:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Sat May 12, 2007 6:55 am

I was planning on using the euro terminal as the terminal and the US terminal as the grand terminal. I've got a feeling it isn't going to work out, I think we're limited to 3 terminal types. I don't think it's possible to change the station you start with, either.

Essentially, I wanted to add a 'super terminal' so to speak; a somewhat fitting addition to a map of the northeast. However, I didn't want the player to start with this terinal, I wanted it to be something exclusive (and expensive.) I guess I can still add it as an in-city industry that produces and accepts passengers, though.

On a related topic, can you set a building that wasn't originally an industry as an industry? Ie, could I make an industry that used the icon of a reguar city building? What would I put for the growup kfm? Would the game CTD if the industry increased in size?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat May 12, 2007 7:10 am

OK, I'm just running this from memory..... the NIF uses DDS files for the graphics. If I'm correct, find 3 buildings that are close in appearances, but 2 is bigger than 1 and 3 is bigger than 2. Close appearance should be good enough as in enlarging them, they changed the appearance. Then use a small building slightly different and slightly scaled down as the Annex.

As to the CTD, trial and error. If the map nukes, and god of your world, create it over again with minor changes til you get it right. CTDs are a part of creating a map. Don't map without one, someone down the line may find it for you!
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Geekyone

Post by Geekyone » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:38 am

Any further luck yet Strom?

I can't even get the button to appear when I put all the .xml lines in there...of course since I'm a noob I do however somehow ruin my depots I'm tyring to put at industries.

Oh well, good thing I have the map files saved to my desktop also so I can keep deleting and reloading said map.