Post by tomasvicente38 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:48 pm

Mapa de Italia.
Attachments
Italia_SAM.zip
(3.85 MiB) Downloaded 536 times
Italia.jpg
Italia.jpg (13.22 KiB) Viewed 12729 times
Setup_Italia_1[1].0.zip
extract and run setup to install this map.
(360.89 KiB) Downloaded 596 times
Italia.zip
Mapa de Italia
(498.3 KiB) Downloaded 769 times

gforce

Post by gforce » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:09 am

i don't understand (euh) spanish, italien or something like that....
but you don't understand english hé,
so is there anyone who can translate this, it would be nice for him and us... :wink:

ps: you can still read the scenario-objectives ins hort in the installed-game language

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:39 am

Eyeballing the XML, it looks like the scenario objectives are as follows:

1870 - 1900
Connect Milan and Naples
Deliver 10 loads of passengers from Milan to Naples
Deliver 100 loads of food from.

1901-1945
Deliver 40 passengers from Turin, Milan, and Rome.
Achieve a net worth of $25,000,000.
Deliver 100 loads of steel to Rome.

1946-2007
Hit 100 mph delivering passengers from Rome to Naples.
Ship 100 loads of manufactured goods to Naples.
Ship 50 loads of autos to Palermo.
Ship 50 loads of oil to Palermo.
Ship 50 loads of medicine to Florence
Ship 10 carloads of cars from Turin to each of the following:
-Venice
-Rome
-Genoa
-Naples

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:46 am

Anyone try this map? I'm scared to try and mess up my XML's :lol:

dwax

Post by dwax » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:50 am

grazie il mio amico. Giocherò più successivamente.

atani

Post by atani » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:02 am

dwax wrote:Anyone try this map? I'm scared to try and mess up my XML's :lol:
I just ran a version of this map that I translated using some of the online translation sites and a bit of extrapolation.

Attached is what I came up with, unfortunately I truncated the description of the scenario since I couldn't come up with a decent english translation. If anyone comes up with a better one I am all for it!
Attachments
Minimap
Minimap
Italy_minimap.png (193.73 KiB) Viewed 13734 times
Last edited by atani on Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

edbangor

Post by edbangor » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Nice map - the English version that is.

You need to start planning rather early for the second and third batch of objectives, but its possible, as long as you start out going in the right direction from the starting city (I made this mistake twice before I got it)

You also have to watch out for conjestion in order ot meet the 100 loads of.... to the cities, but again it's possible, if a little messy in places (well it was on my game anyway).

Anyway, as I said, very nice map.
I hope tomasvicente38 will be doing some more or, failing that, to bring out even more in this one.

atani

Post by atani » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:32 pm

Here is a more complete english translation of this map. I found a few inconsitencies in the town names vs the scenario anda bit better translation of the description field (still not 100% complete but a bit better).
Attachments
Italia_en.zip
Extract Italia.zip from above then extract this Italia_en.zip to have English towns and objectives
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 572 times

universum

Post by universum » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:31 am

hi tomasvicente38,

just finished your scenario on Tycoon difficulty with hard routing difficulty starting in Nothern Italy. I have tried few times on Robber Baron and managed to complete first era goals but failed on second era ones. I had 11 years left but if I paid better attention to what main trains were doing, I think I could have done it 20-30 years before the deadline.

I have actually built the Messina bridge (http://bridgepros.com/projects/Strait_o ... na_Bridge/) and connected Sicilia with Africa. I have even connected Palermo with Corse to haul the fish to grow the Palermo :lol:

I liked the scenario a lot. Nice map (liked the forests) and good goals. Definitely recommended to everyone.

Thanks a lot for the fun and I hope we will see another one from you soon :) , Atani, thanks for english translation as well.

Few (minor) comments:
- terrain in former Yugoslavia, all islands and Italian peninsula would have looked better if it was less flat
- some industries could use a change: only industry you can buy in the game using grain is Brewery but there is no place to sell the Beer, it would be better if it was Food Plant
- land around Venice was so low that my rails were actually flooded
Attachments
Victory
Victory
Italia_victory_screen.jpg (204.51 KiB) Viewed 13523 times
Submerged railroad near Venice
Submerged railroad near Venice
submerged_railroad.jpg (298.91 KiB) Viewed 13533 times
Messina bridge
Messina bridge
Messina_bridge.jpg (369.73 KiB) Viewed 13547 times
Connecting continents via railroads
Connecting continents via railroads
africa_sicilia_bridge.jpg (432.27 KiB) Viewed 13551 times
Last edited by universum on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

martys55

Post by martys55 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:25 am

Okay...I was gonna ask if anyone has beaten this scenario, but I see it has been done. So...where do I drop off the swine? No town accepts swine or cattle and building the industries in a city are not an option since they don't have the icons. All I could get was grain and milk to produce ood. Any advice?
Thanks,

Marty

universum

Post by universum » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:41 am

Marty, you can also use fish. I have used milk and fish to produce food and I was able to hook it all up in time even on Robber Baron difficulty (good starting position somewhere nearby is needed). It is important to start with the food first, otherwise you won't have enough time.

If you start in the south, there is a town with food plant so it might be another way how to do it.

The unusable industries/resources are bummer but scenario is playable and fun even with this imperfection.

Good luck

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:03 am

martys55 - I think what we have here is an new type mapper. When you designate places for industries you have to do all of them. Looking over his RRT_Industries file I found that Corn Fields, Brewery, Stockyard, Smelter and Gold Mine were not placed, but were left in the file. All the goods are in the RRT_Goods file also. These need to be removed. The 1 Cattle Farm either needs to be removed or a stockyard needs to be placed. Without the Stockyard he has 12 in town industries, and with the Hospital, Newspaper and Power Plant, we get 15, which is 3 over what the game can handle, so I think the Cattle Ranch could be removed. Someone might want to let him know about the overage, in his language, so he can make corrections. Of course, since some of you seem to have mad the Eras as is, maybe just the ones he didn't place and the ranch need to go. :?:
I think what he did was to take two fully loaded files, Goods and Industries, and left the first alone and placed what he wanted in his map in the other. Can we get an Editor to volenteer?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

martys55

Post by martys55 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I have another question.

How hard is it to modify the scenario? I was playing this map and noticed that no one wanted wine, yet there was wine and grapes every where. I was thinking of changing the 50 cars to Pamero (in Sicily I think) to 50 cars of wine.

Thanks for all the work that goes into these mods.

Marty

universum

Post by universum » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:39 am

It could be done on Robber Baron difficulty level too :twisted:, just finished it 21 years early which is pretty much as good as it gets because you need TGV for fast line between Rome and Napoles (make sure you have dedicated line without curves, you need average speed of 110 mph).

universum

Post by universum » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:49 am

martys55 wrote:Thanks for the tips guys. I have another question.

How hard is it to modify the scenario? I was playing this map and noticed that no one wanted wine, yet there was wine and grapes every where. I was thinking of changing the 50 cars to Pamero (in Sicily I think) to 50 cars of wine.

Thanks for all the work that goes into these mods.

Marty
Actually every city wants wine once it grows to metropolis. Wine actually pays well.

As for Palermo, you have to grow it by hauling food there, you can also hookup the fish. After some time, Palermo grows and you can buy something which needs oil (power plant or manufacturing plant, the second is better because you can haul manufactured goods to Napoles and cars from Napoles back to Palermo). You also need to grow the Palermo to metropolis before it can accept cars.