Update SMR ver. 1.2.0.00

Various bits and pieces that are useful for creating new mods
Rodea2007

Update SMR ver. 1.2.0.00

Post by Rodea2007 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:54 am

Update 1.1.0.00 from Firaxis only upgrade All Terminal can be full show when load 4 tracks, but didn't upgrade too Passengers Animation and Station, If you look at when passengers walk into down stair their not walk in stair but hanging, please look at picture below:

Now that is can't happend, because I was made a Installer to fix that, download zip file then extrac to your harddisk after that double click icon setup...
that is all ...after that play SMR what ever map do you want, you can see your depot building can be having shelter and fix passenger animation when their walked in overpass bridge

Good luck... :P

Edit....

This Update has been revised

Please...Download Update Revision ....!!!!
Attachments
Terminal Europe.jpg
Terminal US.jpg
Station Europe.jpg
Station US.jpg
Last edited by Rodea2007 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Jancsika

Re: Update SMR ver. 1.2.0.00

Post by Jancsika » Mon May 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Installed fine and it works without any problem. Great job.
Attachments
Terminal.jpg

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Rodea - while I'm glad that you were able to fix this little problem, before I install something like that I'd like to know just what it is going to do. Map installers are one thing, but I want to know what files are being affected and how.

I very much apologize if I sound a bit upset, but nasty family matters are kind of bleeding into the rest of the world.

Kind of give a list of what files are affected and how. Or a upload of what is in the installer, but not as an installer.

Hey, looks good, and I'm glad that problem has been taken care of, but I don't know how Firaxis is going to like it being called an 'update'.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Rodea - Talking with Tijer about your update and I had a thought (OUCH that hurts!!! :| ) about something he and I had been wondering about some time ago. How hard would it be for you to set up the Depot to only accept two tracks and the Station to only accept three tracks? We had talked about that for use in the SAM maps so it wouldn't affect other maps. Also, by raising the cost of upgrading from one to the other, which is no problem at all, a player would have a harder time upgrading than just going from Depot to Terminal for $250,000.

Also, in your update for the crosswalk, did you also notice that there is a guy leaning in mid air and a woman walking down an invisible stairs?
Attachments
Floating Lady.jpg

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:27 am

snoopy55 wrote:Rodea - while I'm glad that you were able to fix this little problem, before I install something like that I'd like to know just what it is going to do. Map installers are one thing, but I want to know what files are being affected and how.

I very much apologize if I sound a bit upset, but nasty family matters are kind of bleeding into the rest of the world.

Kind of give a list of what files are affected and how. Or a upload of what is in the installer, but not as an installer.

Hey, looks good, and I'm glad that problem has been taken care of, but I don't know how Firaxis is going to like it being called an 'update'.
Snoopy...
No one others file can be affected by this Installer, except depots building , because this installer only affecting to depots building, so...don't worry about that.
To make Depot only accept max 2 tracks, Station 3 tracks, I guess I must crack SMR.Exe, or XML element or if you have any idea ???....
I will repair a soon as animation passengers in Terminal.
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:31 am

Update SMR ver. 1.2.0.00 REVISI

I was ready to Fix Passengers Animation in Terminal US
Download and extract zip file. On zip file provided 3 files
use Uninstall Update SMR Ver.1.2.0.00.exe to delete old FPK and then use Setup Update SMR Ver.1.2.0.00.exe to install again ( please read ReadMe_Firts.txt!!! ). Notice the picture bellow:
Attachments
TerminalUS_corrected.jpg
TerminalUS_corrected1.jpg
Last edited by Rodea2007 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Tijer

Post by Tijer » Tue May 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Good work Rodea, thanks for getting one more thing off my list that Snoopy keeps adding to daily. I see that you also got the leaning man in mid air fixed also. Thanks again for the great work.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600@2.4GHz
2 GB PC5400 DDR2 Ram
MB nVidia nForce 680i LT SLI
GC GeForce 7300GS 256MB PCI-E
HD 250GB + 500GB
OS Windows XP/SP2/32 bit

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:23 am

Tijer wrote:Good work Rodea, thanks for getting one more thing off my list that Snoopy keeps adding to daily. I see that you also got the leaning man in mid air fixed also. Thanks again for the great work.
Hello Tijer...
Snoopy on thread before asked me to talk to you about Depot only accept 2 tracks and Station 3 tracks for the SAM Project, I agree with it but I guess we must crack SMR.exe that is not easy work or have you any idea???.
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed May 28, 2008 4:50 am

Beautiful work Rodea. Very nice. I had scooted the concrete pad out of the way on the station model inside nifscope and it worked fine too, but I really like the awnings and the fixes with the animated passengers.

Inside the Nif files for the stations, it asks for a StationSideBuilding emsk spec and nrml. All you provided was the Nifs Kfms and Diffs...they still work fine without the emsk, nrml and spec. All the other DDS files can be gotten from the games default models. So only the 3 dds files from the side buildings are really needed...the others can be pulled from the games default files as I have made that change on mine. On the previous model that I had edited, I also made the change to the Station Creation Nif files...but that isn't really needed.

I took the nifs and kfms and am going to use them renamed as new models in my maps, that way if someone doesn't have the update loaded, they will still have the new models as default on maps. Thanks so much for your hard work on this project. They work and look great. 8)

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:48 am

Lowell wrote:Beautiful work Rodea. Very nice. I had scooted the concrete pad out of the way on the station model inside nifscope and it worked fine too, but I really like the awnings and the fixes with the animated passengers.

Inside the Nif files for the stations, it asks for a StationSideBuilding emsk spec and nrml. All you provided was the Nifs Kfms and Diffs...they still work fine without the emsk, nrml and spec. All the other DDS files can be gotten from the games default models. So only the 3 dds files from the side buildings are really needed...the others can be pulled from the games default files as I have made that change on mine. On the previous model that I had edited, I also made the change to the Station Creation Nif files...but that isn't really needed.

I took the nifs and kfms and am going to use them renamed as new models in my maps, that way if someone doesn't have the update loaded, they will still have the new models as default on maps. Thanks so much for your hard work on this project. They work and look great. 8)
Thanks for your comment Lowell...
I'm glad if you can coming back to this forum... :P

As like I said before if default games provided what's files model needed you not need to rename or copy that files, all files Norm, Spec and EMSK provided by cities0.FPK

Happy enjoy with it... :?
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Thu May 29, 2008 4:48 am

Yes I like the changes you have made. I am going to place some christmas wreathes and stuff on the dds files for the overpass on the holiday maps stations depots and terminals. I wish I could animate the little blinking lights

I tried to place a couple dummy passengers on the second platform, but so far they don't show up. I am going back and try again, copy a couple dummy passenger "branches" make a new node and attach them...change their numbers to dummy passenger 14, 15 etc. then see if i can get them to pop up. I thought it would be cool to have four or five on the other platform. 8)

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Thu May 29, 2008 7:46 am

Lowell wrote:Yes I like the changes you have made. I am going to place some christmas wreathes and stuff on the dds files for the overpass on the holiday maps stations depots and terminals. I wish I could animate the little blinking lights

I tried to place a couple dummy passengers on the second platform, but so far they don't show up. I am going back and try again, copy a couple dummy passenger "branches" make a new node and attach them...change their numbers to dummy passenger 14, 15 etc. then see if i can get them to pop up. I thought it would be cool to have four or five on the other platform. 8)
Lowell...that is not easy work, Nifscope can't handle what you are doing if you want to add passengers on second platform and want to be have animation you must to edit kf file and kfm file. To add second Platform I used 3dsmax 8 to edit building and Scene Viewer to combine edited building with original building, you can't do it if used Nifscope, after edited building combined with original building use Nifscope to edit parameter in order to animation can be run, only just Scene Viewer is plugin from 3dsmax if you not use 3dsmax you can't use Scene viewer.
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB

Star Ranger4

Post by Star Ranger4 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Hrrrm. To throw another concept into this mix... do you all happen to know if the dds file format can accept an animated image? if so, that would be the easiest way for Lowell to get the twinkling lights, by animating the emit.dds for the light strings...

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:16 pm

The DDS file will only accept still images, but you would need to put the different colors onto it to get the animation, or just use various points on the DDS that have the colors you want if they are already there.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Some people....They just don't listen.... LOOK, LISTEN.... AND LIVE!!! She just had to cross that track to get to the other side.....BAMMMM!!! :twisted:

I got some Passengers to the other side :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . The first problem is that without that platform on the other side they are in mid air. Second problem - If you start in a city like Dresden, your people will end up buried alive!

To see what it looks like live, go into the Euro Terminal and click on 'dummy_passenger_3' on line 6. In Block Details set the Translation to the following settings (I didn't put in the fraction numbers). X = -267 Y= -1 and Z = 24 Now since your Passenger is facing the wrong way, go to Rotation and use the following settings. Y= 0 P= 0 R= 180. Now the 180 will change to a -180, but don't worry, you can't do anything about it. If you're using the settings from Rodea, you may have to subtract from the X to move the Passenger back from the station. You may also have to adjust the Y to move him to the left or right to avoid the pole. The Passenger does look for the train, so be careful that he/she is not looking into the pole! If you play with any other Passengers, the numbers will have to be adjusted. The other ones you see in the pictures have the number -375 for X, but they are in different places.

Another note, moving some of the Passengers does not mean that you will see a change. Some Passengers do not show up, or may show up later. I had one of my adjusted Passengers appear after about 2 or 3 minutes, and some did not appear until the overpass was built.

Rodea - can you make the platform, without the overpass, part of the Terminal/Station/Depot? That way no one is standing in mid air. :cry: You might also want to try making the platform larger and adding the Euro Depot building to it, minus anything that makes it look like a station, such as the mail bags and the hook. It would make it look kind of cool.
Attachments
Wanted to take a train but decided to try and fly
Wanted to take a train but decided to try and fly
Final set-up for the commuter waiting for his train.
Final set-up for the commuter waiting for his train.
Scale set to 3.000 to locate where they were going......
Scale set to 3.000 to locate where they were going......
Dresden station......
Dresden station......