Janciska's Monarchy

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
MasteRyder

Janciska's Monarchy

Post by MasteRyder » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:02 pm

I've got a few hundred hours trying to complete this scenario. I've managed to repair all the scenario glitches except one. When I put in the Italian front, it won'r tick off the box. You can't get the gold medal and finish the game even though you met all the objectives. Question: Does anyone know how to fix this glitch. I seem to have become obsessed with finishing this scenario. It's a GREAT map and unfortunately the owner is no longer with us and can't repair it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

karsten

Re: Janciska's Monarchy

Post by karsten » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:23 pm

I mentioned the fact that the Italian front does not get a green checkmark to Jancsika here
He may have decided not to try and fix it, due to excessive complexity of the map. Here is what he said:
I had the “Fronts” as an on site industry, but then I could not register in the Scenario goals hauling from “ANY_CITY” to the “FRONT”. I might still do it but then I'll have to drop food from the goals.
It may be worth having another look into the problem in future, since monarchy seems very popular :D

MasteRyder

Post by MasteRyder » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:54 pm

Thank you Karsten. I've since played around some more and I've come up with a, sort of, creative fix. The Italian front doesn't work anywhere you try to use it. So, I changed Triest to a Russian front also. Sub Title Russian Allied Front. You still have to load plain old Russian front on the menu but it works! I'm going to play it all the way through again to test everything and then zip it up.

Thanks for your response,
Mike...

karsten

Post by karsten » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Great! I look forward to playing the new version once you are satisfied with it. And I am sure Jancsika would have approved wholeheartedly! :D

MasteRyder

Post by MasteRyder » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Good morning Karsten,

I've attached the modified Monarchy file to this email. Check it out and if you think it's adequately addressed the issues please post it so others can finally finish playing this great map. It worked well for me but I only play single player and no AI's so I don't know how it will work with them. Thank you for your interest and please let me know what you think of it. I've never got into map making yet, but I'm tenacious ferreting out fixes for them. Anyway...

Thanks,
Mike...

MasteRyder

Post by MasteRyder » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:25 pm

Sorry, I posted before the upload was finished. Bumped my head,,,AGAIN... :oops:

Hopefully it's there this time...

MasteRyder

Post by MasteRyder » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Okay. still don't see the link attachment. I guess I don't know how to upload to this site. Sorry...

karsten

Post by karsten » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Try uploading a .jpg file first, for test purposes. Perhaps you used an unusual file compression format?
Attachments
Upload Attachment.jpg

MasteRyder

Post by MasteRyder » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm using 7zip and compressing to just .zip. No problems in the past. :?: