Installers needed for all engines and maps

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
snoopy55

Installers needed for all engines and maps

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:02 pm

As some people are having problems due to missing materials, I am starting this thread. The following is a list of Installers needed to get all maps to work correctly. They are easily available on Railroads! Wiki. If I have left anything out or something doesn't work right, please let me know.

AC4400
GP7
EMD F3 A
GP38 SkinPak
GP7 SkinPak
9 DieselPak

Super Bowl Express
Chicago To The Rockies
Basin And Range Demo
Side To Side
Side To Side DSC
Holiday Scenario (ONLY USE INSTALLER!!)
Utah
Last edited by snoopy55 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

maestro70

required materials to get working maps

Post by maestro70 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:35 am

Is there an order?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:21 pm

Not that I'm aware of. An Installer looks at what it has to install, looks at what is already installed, then installs what is missing.

maestro70

Post by maestro70 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:21 am

I have installed all of the above (starting from scratch, Railroads, Holiday Map, Patch 1.10, Trains, Skins, then maps in the order provided). The built in maps work fine, user created maps crash with a runtime error in railroads.exe after an indeterminite time (sometimes even just loading into the map)! I especially enjoy playing Stormfather's America 1.2a, The Side to Side DSC and Russia, even if I never make it to the end. Any idea's on what I might be missing?

Running Vista Business (was running Media Center XP 2005, no difference in the crashing), 2GB of Ram and a Dual Core 2.8 Ghz Intel CPU, my video is SLI'ed Nvidia 7600GT's with 256MB on each. Just did the latest Nvidia Vista driver update.

Seems like I am missing something else...

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:41 pm

maestro70 wrote:I have installed all of the above (starting from scratch, Railroads, Holiday Map, Patch 1.10, Trains, Skins, then maps in the order provided). The built in maps work fine, user created maps crash with a runtime error in railroads.exe after an indeterminite time (sometimes even just loading into the map)! I especially enjoy playing Stormfather's America 1.2a, The Side to Side DSC and Russia, even if I never make it to the end. Any idea's on what I might be missing?

Running Vista Business (was running Media Center XP 2005, no difference in the crashing), 2GB of Ram and a Dual Core 2.8 Ghz Intel CPU, my video is SLI'ed Nvidia 7600GT's with 256MB on each. Just did the latest Nvidia Vista driver update.

Seems like I am missing something else...
Never ever ever install the Holiday Map using Fraxis installers. If you do use their installer you will not be able to play our custom maps. What you need to do is use the installer from atani to install it.

maestro70

Firaxis installer...

Post by maestro70 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:18 pm

Thanks, I'll wipe it out and try again.

TheLorenzEffect

Post by TheLorenzEffect » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:22 am

Hi, new here, awesome that there are new maps and such around! Made my day finding this forum! :D

Anyway, I couldn't find the "Utah" download from your list in the Wiki!?

EDIT:
No matter - Found it! Oops :oops:

Still, awesome :)

Bushdoctor

Post by Bushdoctor » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:14 pm

Warll wrote: Never ever ever install the Holiday Map using Fraxis installers. If you do use their installer you will not be able to play our custom maps. What you need to do is use the installer from atani to install it.
Excuse me?
So what you're saying is that if I didn't happen to notice this small note in the middle of some topic,
I would have landed in one big pile of poop when trying to install both the christmas scenario
and custom maps?

Shouldn't this information be the first thing a visitor sees when he enters the map section?
It sounds way too important to just sit here..

Also, where is Atani's installer for the Christmas scenario?
Please don't tell me it's also hidden somewhere in a forum topic.

Greets and thanks,
Doc.

Bushdoctor

Post by Bushdoctor » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:24 pm

On a different note:
I'd like to express my uttermost gratitude for creating installers for the custom maps.
I believe Atani is the master behind this: Big fat kudos to you.

It basically makes custom maps available beyond the in-crowd.
I am finally able to install your work without being affraid I will screw up my game install.
Thank you very very much!

Greets,
Doc.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:37 am

The map installers can be had in the Wiki Custom Map section.
And you're right about the Holiday Scenario issue. I will make an update to the Wiki.

DF
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:43 am

Bushdoctor wrote: Excuse me?
So what you're saying is that if I didn't happen to notice this small note in the middle of some topic,
I would have landed in one big pile of poop when trying to install both the christmas scenario
and custom maps?

Shouldn't this information be the first thing a visitor sees when he enters the map section?
It sounds way too important to just sit here..

Also, where is Atani's installer for the Christmas scenario?

Greets and thanks,
Doc.
You know what we never really thought about it. Not that thats the only insider knowledge we assume people know. I'm sure theres some, the game is nearly one year old.

atani

Post by atani » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Bushdoctor wrote: Also, where is Atani's installer for the Christmas scenario?

Greets and thanks,
Doc.
http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1401

Can be easily found in a few ways...

1) Look for posts by me!
2) Use the forum search
3) Look on the Railroads! Wiki

Mike

mikeyc

Post by mikeyc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:54 pm

I had installed the holiday senario from the SMR website before I found this site. Does this mean that to install maps from here I need to uninstall the holiday senario from the SMR site and then download and reinstall from the Wiki.

On a slightly different note.
Being a newcomer to this site I have spent some time reading the posts and trying to absorb the knowledge available. The feeling I get throught is that this is a good game that could be great if Firaxis or SM would revamp and rerelease.
The opinion is that this wont happen. So if all this information is here on this site and the enthusiasm for the game is obviously still here why dont a few of you more computer litrate members complile the mods, maps and bits and sell them in an addon package ready to go that can be downloaded and installed easily by enthusiasts but not computer litrate people. I feel sure that people like myself would gladly pay for everything wraped up and ready to plonk into the game.

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:34 am

mikeyc wrote:I had installed the holiday senario from the SMR website before I found this site. Does this mean that to install maps from here I need to uninstall the holiday senario from the SMR site and then download and reinstall from the Wiki.

On a slightly different note.
Being a newcomer to this site I have spent some time reading the posts and trying to absorb the knowledge available. The feeling I get throught is that this is a good game that could be great if Firaxis or SM would revamp and rerelease.
The opinion is that this wont happen. So if all this information is here on this site and the enthusiasm for the game is obviously still here why dont a few of you more computer litrate members complile the mods, maps and bits and sell them in an addon package ready to go that can be downloaded and installed easily by enthusiasts but not computer litrate people. I feel sure that people like myself would gladly pay for everything wraped up and ready to plonk into the game.
Well we should do that although theres no way we could charge people.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:39 am

mikeyc - I guess in a way we have been doing that since this forum was started. All the knowledge and tests and failures are here. But like a manual, it takes alot of reading, and unlike a manual, users can ask about things and add to the knowledge. I spoke to one of the people in charge of the forum andmentioned doing a "Hey Noobies, Read This" but then, after making notes and thinking it over I thought, 'They cannot be made to read it.", just as you go to the last few pages of some threads and you find questions about things that were answered near the begining. There are maps which cannot be played unless you have other maps loaded. The 'Railroads! Wiki' can answer some questions, and would be a good place to put answers that are found. And in a way it's great that all the maps Installers can be found there. It's also not so great as they can be downloaded and installed without reading the thread concerning them.
But to each his own and we welcome all the Noobies we can get. Play the maps and play with the maps and make some changes and/or additions to them and get your name in the 'Railroads! Wiki'.

:twisted: