Installer Makers: Not sure this is supposed to happen

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
LisaMockingbird

Installer Makers: Not sure this is supposed to happen

Post by LisaMockingbird » Thu May 10, 2007 9:35 pm

I installed a few of the scenarios with the installer versions. I got some new "choices" on start that say like "Tycoon More Money" where you get $900000 instead of $300000 but
When you choose this "more money" version you also get $0 for all train maintenance! I think tycoon is supposed to cost you 130% on maint. I didn't check to see if other revenue penalities for the tycoon level were applied or not as well. So needless to say with $0 manit, the scenarios are a snap to win. Is this an error (I'm sorry I cannot recall which scenario it was that added these, I remember adding Utah and Russia most recently but could have been another one that added these new features) or I'd have posted this on the thread for that scenario. Feel free to move this post if you think it should be somewhere more helpful.

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Thu May 10, 2007 10:02 pm

The money settings are from the Utah map. I don't know if no maintenence is an error or not; the original code for Utah was written by Universum, and was adapted by either Snoopy or Atani.

I downloaded Utah pretty much as soon as Universum posted it, and as far as I can tell, his initial version didn't change maintenance values, but I could be mistaken.

atani

Re: Installer Makers: Not sure this is supposed to happen

Post by atani » Thu May 10, 2007 10:06 pm

LisaMockingbird wrote:I installed a few of the scenarios with the installer versions. I got some new "choices" on start that say like "Tycoon More Money" where you get $900000 instead of $300000 but
When you choose this "more money" version you also get $0 for all train maintenance!
Ooops... I will patch the Utah installer which generated these entries. If you want to correct these you can remove the CustomAssets\XML\RRT_Difficulty.xml file and reinstall the Utah map.

Mike

LisaMockingbird

Post by LisaMockingbird » Thu May 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Thanks, and I see why he needed the more money version. I started in a town that even hooking to nearest resource cost more money than the standard hard level startup cash/stock. Hard to get going if you can't make that first connection :wink:

atani

Post by atani » Fri May 11, 2007 12:31 am

LisaMockingbird wrote:Thanks, and I see why he needed the more money version. I started in a town that even hooking to nearest resource cost more money than the standard hard level startup cash/stock. Hard to get going if you can't make that first connection :wink:
Yeah, with the first Utah installer I did not have the "extra money" settings in the game. I did surprisingly well, but only because I sold all of the stock and was able to afford connecting Salt Lake City and a nearby town and setup a passenger/mail route which generated enough revenue to extend the track to the copper mine museum (to test the custom content, etc).

Now with the extra money it makes the game a bit more playable, but you still need to plan ahead where you lay track and what not.

Mike