Manifest Destiny Changes

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics

Manifest Destiny Changes

Post by 2391212 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:12 pm

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to change the city names? I've managed to move Cincinnati over to where Pittsburgh should be, but I can't get the name change to show in the game. Any thoughts? I'm using Scenery Manager 2 to make the changes.

Will

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:19 pm

Hey, Stormfather here, author of Manifest Destiny. Version 1.3, which should be out by the weekend, includes a whole slew of changes, including Canada and Mexico, another era, some new trains, and the biggest oversight of them all, Pittsburgh (with a steel related Victory condition to boot.) If you want to do it yourself, all you need to do is open up the names.xml file (use wordpad or notepad) in the CustomAssets/America folder and find the word cincinnatti. There will be two occurrances of it, one will be in caps and will be embedded in something along the lines of TAG_CITYNAME_CINCINNATTI, don't touch that one. You're looking for the other one, it should look something like <szcityname>Cincinnatti<szcityname> (though it might not be exact, I don't have the xmls in front of me.) Change that Cincinnatti to Pittsburgh, save, and fire up the game. Enjoy!