No way to control events

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
gforce

No way to control events

Post by gforce » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:41 am

There's really no way to control the events, by my experience
the date-range (already discussed before, doesn't work)
now i've got the same experience with the lenght of the event
yes, i know there are alot of parameters but it doesn't work
so, it's better to forget everything about events-controll
or do i make a mistake???

ps: if it doesn't work at all it's best to point this out clearly, and don't include those parameters in the parameter-list-on-progress-project...

karsten, you've said you were testing on this also, did you make any progress, i didn't (only more frustrated) :(
last thing i tested was this
<Event>
<szTitle>EUROPE_WOOD_INCREASE</szTitle>
<fDurationMin>720</fDurationMin>
<fDurationMax>1080</fDurationMax>
</Event>
i've tried other values, but no-go... it's always around 3-6 years or something
the other parameters will probably also no effect at all :?
the date surely doesn't work (as we discussed before, no?)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:36 am

Am I to understand that you put in 1 event and gave it a set of dates like

<szEarliestDate>1/1900</szEarliestDate>
<szLatestDate>12/1920</szLatestDate>

and it didn't appear ONLY within those dates?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

gforce

Post by gforce » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:36 pm

no, the event will not appear and surely it will not appear in this range, if you change the probabability or not...

it's just like the event is not readed, or not in detail...
it's really a pitty

I also tried to add events in the global event, it works for a new good but also there date, and duration doesn't work,
maybe the way the price increases fdcal etc works but not the date-range, not the probability, not the duration

it would be great to have control on dates, this would give you a scenario in a scenario....

also patents only exsists on global level, (that was one of the resons) i had problems with the global idea, just like prices of tunnels wich are not readed in the local file, just like the hard-code is used and not the xmls...

in fact the xml code is not readed everywhere or used everywhere, that's my conclusion, (now i'm just working with the limitations on this, but it hurts)
snoopy, do you have more information on this?

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:59 pm

I tried plating with events when it was heavily questioned a while back, but didn't have a way to control the testing. I didn't want to play for 2 or 3 hours just to test out 1 variable. I was scanning the whole thing to gather data. I'm working on maps right now, and images. (wish I had the $3495 for 3Ds Max.....) What is really needed is a map that has everything built in, but you can disable items and stuff without rewritting it all each time. This is one good reason for the GLOBALS, you don't have to write as much code to get an annex added.

And this is where the Wiki will come in good. I'm working with Dr Frag to get files up in there to put info on what can and cannot be done, and what XML code means and does so the testing can be concentrated more on what research is needed insted of what has already been done.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....