Specific demand requirements possible?

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
willie g

Specific demand requirements possible?

Post by willie g » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:24 pm

This seems like such a basic question, but maybe I missed it.

Is it possible to have a demand for a good limited to a specific city or must that demand apply to all cities of that citytype?

thanks,
-willie g.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:21 pm

While it is probably possible to specify that a certain city demand a certain good I don't think there is a way to exclude other cities from demanding that good. I believe the game does a certain amount of randominzing the demands and resources at the start of a game. At least this is what I understand from reading the posts around here.
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)

karsten

Post by karsten » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:43 pm

You can do what Stormfather did, eg designate the hospital as military base, which demands arms. Then you ask the player to buy a "military base" in that city, either explicitly, or implicitly by asking him to deliver arms there. Either way, the player needs to buy the industry in that location. Or you place the "arms demand" industry in a given city, using the editor. Then you either give it a very high price, eg 5 million, so that it is not bought elsewhere (I did that in L&M), or you set the price to -1, which means that the industry cannot be bought ingame.
Hope this helps! :D

Dr Frag, I am looking forward to your Australia map - I see Australia is most wanted in my little map poll! 8)