TenderCars and Dual Engines

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
atani

Post by atani » Sat May 05, 2007 12:47 am

HisAlterEgo wrote: It just seems some maps need the tender reference in the mapname file and some don't. It's hit or miss.
No map needs the tenders in it unless you want to limit which tenders are available in that map. When you remove it from a map make sure you remove the entire RRTTenderCars tag leaving just the RRTTrainCars tags.

Mike

HisAlterEgo

Post by HisAlterEgo » Sat May 05, 2007 12:58 am

atani,
when i deleted the tenders in the rrt_traincars_italia.xml i did delete the beginning <rrttendercars> all the tenders and the end </rrttendercars>. all that's in there now is the goodscars with beginning and ending goodcars note thing in brackets and the tenders don't show up. they only show up when I actually put the tenders in the mapname file on some maps.
Intel P4 3.4 Ghz
2 GB DDR2 PC2 4200 SDRAM 533 Mhz
256 MB GeForce 6800 GTO
XP Home

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat May 05, 2007 1:04 am

HisAlterEgo - ZIP and upload the map and we'll look it over.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

HisAlterEgo

Post by HisAlterEgo » Sat May 05, 2007 1:11 am

i zipped the italia folder under scenarios, hope that's what you meant?
Attachments
Italia.rar
(446.95 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Intel P4 3.4 Ghz
256 MB GeForce 6800 GTO
XP Home

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat May 05, 2007 2:03 am

This game is really freaky :shock: When I was having problems with my duals not showing up, most was because I had reference to tendercars in the TrainCars_Game_XML. Yours is the reverse. :lol: I checked the Italia map and never had Duals, after removing the tendercars reference I now have them.

K-class

Post by K-class » Sat May 05, 2007 2:39 am

Yep as atani said.

yep snoopy55 will check and get to the bottom of your issues for you HisAlterEgo

dwax check all the maps you play and remove all reference to tendercars and your duals will work.
I checked the Italia map and never had Duals, after removing the tendercars reference I now have them.
One thing to remember as atani said
No map needs the tenders in it unless you want to limit which tenders are available in that map.
So check maps and back them up before changing them.

Thats why I used my own custom train xml file that I replace the train map file so I don't have issues and as it has my favourites in there including steam single and double trains.

HisAlterEgo Your download looks ok at first glance here is my one with tenders removed.

It works then a CTD so this map may have issues

**Edited***
No CTD this time yep and all the current default trains in the map have tendercars
Attachments
RRT_TrainCars_Italia.zip
(354 Bytes) Downloaded 364 times
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

HisAlterEgo

Post by HisAlterEgo » Sat May 05, 2007 3:17 am

Yeah, very strange. The Italia map on my pc is vanilla. Downloaded, installed, played and had tenders only because the creater of the map put tenders in the rrt_traincars_italia.xml. I deleted his tenders from the mapname traincars.xml and they no longer appeared in game. Just so you know K, the zip I sent you has the tender cars edited out already by me in the rrt_traincars_italia.xml.
Intel P4 3.4 Ghz
256 MB GeForce 6800 GTO
XP Home

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat May 05, 2007 3:26 am

Well, I started up the map copy you uploaded and as you can see, the tenders work. Below you will find a ZIP of my RRT_TrainCars GLOBAL. MOVE YOURS somewhere else and put this one in place of it. Try it out. If it works, upload a copy of your RRT_TrainCars GLOBAL. If not, try putting the NewTenders.FPK in your CustomAssets folder. You don't have to move yours, just overwrite it. The reason I'm having you move your RRT_TrainCars XML is that I may not have all instalations you have.
Attachments
A Tender Shot of Napoles.jpg
A Tender Shot of Napoles.jpg (81.4 KiB) Viewed 8855 times
RRT_TrainCars.zip
(3.44 MiB) Downloaded 320 times

HisAlterEgo

Post by HisAlterEgo » Sat May 05, 2007 4:40 am

snoopy,
I moved my global rrt_traincars.xml out and put yours in place. I loaded Italia and tried several different engines and they all had tenders so there must be some tiny error in my global rrt_traincars.xml that I was using and here it is.

Of note, I saw you had the AC4400 dummy tender in your global traincars.xml so I added the engine to the rrt_trains_italia.xml and it worked, got the dual. I will start adding all the engines I use to the Italia trains.xml and one at a time add their corresponding dual/dummy/tender to the global rrt_traincars.xml and see if I get them also. I won't touch the rrt_traincars_italia.xml.

Should I leave my newtenders.fpk in the custom assests folder as is or should I also replace it with yours and try it?
Attachments
RRT_TrainCars.rar
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Intel P4 3.4 Ghz
256 MB GeForce 6800 GTO
XP Home

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat May 05, 2007 5:43 am

Not that I follow the rule myself, but if it works, don't touch it. :wink:

That was a 'just in case yours is damaged' thing, don't worry about it.

I'll check your file and see what happened. :twisted:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:01 am

I looked over your file and found nothing wrong. I even ran Italiana and I had tenders. That was your copy of Italiana. I'm lost as to the why. Add the duals slowly and test them out, that way if there is another problem, you can find it.

HisAlterEgo

Post by HisAlterEgo » Sat May 05, 2007 6:03 am

I'll leave the fpk alone then. I saw you had all the duals in the trainscars.xml global that I had with exception of one which I added to my new global traincars.xml. I added all the engines to the Italia map and they all work with their duals and all the steam engines have their tenders.

I'll go back to some other maps and delete all the tender car references in the mapnames rrt_traincars.xml's and see if the dauls and tenders show up in game. Thanks for all the help.
Intel P4 3.4 Ghz
256 MB GeForce 6800 GTO
XP Home

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sat May 05, 2007 6:09 am

HisAlterEgo wrote:K,
I installed Mange's mod so all the tenders are in the traincars.xml global.

Something that gets me though is the new map Valencia has no tenders in the RRT_Traincars_valencia.xml but they appear in the game.

Another map though, Italia, had the 4 tenders that came with the game in it's RRT_Traincars_italia.xml and they also appeared in the game, but when I deleted those 4 tenders from the mapname file, they no longer appeared in game.
It just seems some maps need the tender reference in the mapname file and some don't. It's hit or miss.
Tender cars and B units only get listed in the global xml files inside your custom assets dir.

In the maps...the train cars xml is for listing the goods cars needed to run the maps industries. The train file is of course which engines you will use during the maps scenario game play.

I always read through all the maps files before I start-up a new map. So I erase any I find in there If the map has added a special engine set, I will add it to my roundhouse and then clear that out of the maps train cars list. The game will pull any needed from the globals just fine. Placing them in the maps works for the first map or two. Then... :twisted: strange and spooky stuff starts to happen to your game...

K-class

Post by K-class » Sat May 05, 2007 6:14 am

Hello HisAlterEgo good to have more happy SMR players, tweaking the maps and engines give you so much more enjoyment of the game. You can start adding some pretty cool dual engines and custom trains to the other maps.

snoopy55 as always comes to our rescue :D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat May 05, 2007 6:18 am

Lowell

Is there a special file that adds engines to the roundhouse?