Camera question

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
LoneBoy

Camera question

Post by LoneBoy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:51 pm

Is there any posibility to put camera(u know, one that is following train) on the top of the train, so it work like the camera in car simulation.I cant find that anywhere. And btw i dont know how to use free camera

Jancsika

Re: Camera question

Post by Jancsika » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:00 pm

s there any posibility to put camera(u know, one that is following train) on the top of the train, so it work like the camera in car simulation.I cant find that anywhere.
NO
And btw i dont know how to use free camera
Click on the train
Click on the camera icon

You can use the mouse wheel to zoom and the mouse buttons to rotate.

If you want to stop the action press "P"on the keyboard.
To take snapshot: "Print Screen"on the keyboard.

Ctrl F will remove the dialog boxes, temporaly, to have clear shot.
Jancsika
Attachments
SMRailroads!0000.jpg

LoneBoy

Post by LoneBoy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:11 pm

i know both of that.imagine this.i click to that button you circled and camera gets on train top.just to see railroad and environment.not the train.just like when u drive the car.u only see road.not car.understand now?

keotaman

Post by keotaman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Yes, we understood from your 1st question; if it were possible, someone would have told you how to do it by now. It is not possible (for now). The question has been asked many times, see: http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... mera#p8686
and the answer is ... no. In-game camera is constrained by zoom limits, but can move left, right, forward, backup, diagonally & rotate.
When game is Paused, & depress Cntl-F, now the free-camera can move in x-y axis, & pan-tilt then move to change z axis (height). Perfect for sneaking a peek under the terrain surface for subway tracks & depots, or going way high for that larger overview, such as http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/down ... &mode=view! To go high, tilt camera down at ground, then use down arrow to backup.

From Firaxis team: Gackbeard, Fri Dec 15, 2006 || v 1.100 (61333) || 20-Dec-2006 ||
* Functionality - Added the ability to manipulate the camera freely when paused. To do this, pause the game and press "CTRL+F". In this mode, cursor keys move the camera and the camera can be rotated by holding the left mouse button and moving the mouse.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:02 pm

Correct keotaman. But with all the zooming around you forgot one thing..... he can also now beat the camera into the cab and take shots. It's not a moving view, but it's as close as you're gonna git!
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

LoneBoy

Post by LoneBoy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:47 pm

is there any posibility to additionally program that kind of camera?or to ask firaxis for that?

Star Ranger4

Post by Star Ranger4 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:55 pm

no, or it would have happened before now.

in addition, its usually not an issue because people cant 'drive' the trains anyway...

keotaman

Post by keotaman » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:13 am