CTD offset 4dbd4e

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
TheWizardKs

CTD offset 4dbd4e

Post by TheWizardKs » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:32 am

I had my user map working pretty well with some new trains from here and 2 new industries I made via xml. Then I messed up and had to do a fresh install of SMR. Patched to 1.0, started piecing my map back together with backups I had. Finally got it to load up but now I get very random CTD where the windows error message says always offset: 0004dbd4e. Maybe more or less leading zeros but last 6 digits are right. Anyone have any experience what causes this? Google search matched it to some crack site but I've not got one and it did not crash before.
Lacking experience, anyone have any ideas at all what might be getting me? ;)

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:40 am

Those are usually RANDOMEVENT crashes. Enable logging and after the next crash check the bottom of the NetLog.log file. RANDOMEVENTs are things in the RRT_Events.xml file and if your map does not contain one of the Goods mentioned in the Events file then when the game tries to create an event for that Good it will crash. I am at that point with my map so I will have to create a Local Events file with just my maps Goods in it.

DF

TheWizardKs

Post by TheWizardKs » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:41 am

Ahh so...and after thinking about it, I did have an event file before but after the rebuild it is using the global one. I'll edit it to exclude non existant goods and see then. BTW, I took your knowledge and used it to resize the tracks to 0.5 but I left the depot tracks at 1.0. Reason being it gives me more room to double track (or sometimes 8 track) out of the stations. Doesn't look quite right while on the station track but small price to pay hehe. And the trains look like they are flying since the scale is smaller but the speed across the map the same.

*edit* made the file, tried two games and crashed before train could make a full round trip. Tried without sound with no effect.

Since creating the events file the offset listed has changed to 4dbb13. Can't seem to track this down. Back to experimenting.

Strange test results (IMHO)
Started a new scratch map in editor. Set 15 map size. Saved and exit. Copied over my map files and renamed them (cities, trains, traincars, etc). Left only the flat blank map and loaded. All was fine. Copied my map.tga files over and renamed, loaded and again all is fine. Played until after the Pacific (US Trains) came out and several speed records set. Then CTD. Log file is more like Dr. Frag said, NetLog0.log contained [10294.187] DBG: RANDOMEVENT: 19808

So I double check and yes I have only the goods in my game, and the 3 stock market changes. So now my question, in the events I use both US and Europe named ones, does this matter at all? Or is one of the events buggy perhaps?