The Island

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
Warll

Post by Warll » Wed May 16, 2007 5:03 pm

Here you go.
PS: I seam to have broken the Globals so I'm going to reinstall some maps I wonder if It will fix anything.
Attachments
The island.zip
Sorry about all this
(96.14 KiB) Downloaded 284 times

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu May 17, 2007 3:58 am

Your map wants to be a real problem. If I put a 'Port' in, it crashes. If I take the full section for 'Port' and call it 'Ore Port', it seems to be happy. I also found that if I load it to many times to test it, it will crash for no reason at all and I have to restart my system, maybe to wipe some variables somewhere. But I'm getting there...the more the challenge, the more I love it :twisted:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Post by Warll » Thu May 17, 2007 4:22 am

Well its great to know your not burning out. On another note I don't think they've invented a font big enough to show just how much credit i need to give you.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:41 am

Now, please try not to break it. :P

I will warn you, if you want to edit it, there is no problem doing so. But the first time it crashes, load some other map, then come back and try loading this one again. I simply gave the War Factory different production and it crashed. I loaded a different map, closed the game out and tried this one again, and it was OK.

When you add more engines, add about 5 and test it. Again, if it crashes, start a different map, exit the game and try again.

There were a few problems that you were not aware of, 1 of which is you cannot just take an industry like a Military Fort and make it into a Military Port by making it Coastal. It requires an Annex when you remove it from the 'InCity' and put it 'IsCoastal', and not just any annex will do.
Attachments
Island.zip
(98.5 KiB) Downloaded 275 times

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri May 18, 2007 5:47 am

Well really the military port was a renamed port this way I hoped to get away with the least amount of editing. By the way I will not be able break I mean test it till later tomorrow.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:02 am

I had to rename the 'Port' to an 'Ore Port' because it didn't want to work. Now that may have been more of that 'play another map' thing.
I see now what you were trying to do. The only thing I see is that your incoming and outgoing Ports would look the same. You could just do "Input Taconite Pellets Output None" and "Input None Output Arms" on 2 ports and remove the third.
Look it over and see what you want to change.