How to open the original scenarios in the terrain editor?

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
jamesfong

How to open the original scenarios in the terrain editor?

Post by jamesfong » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:40 pm

hello everybody,,

i have used a few hours to studied how to open the original "France" scenarios in the terrain editor as i want to add a few cities there

if anyone konws how to do it can u plz tell me

thankyou[/list]

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Ouch, this may hurt......
Go into the Editor and choose 'Start a new map from a scenario map' It'll set you at Senerio. Click on that and click on France and choose the only map shown. For a name enter something simple like 'France2'. When the map comes up, go to the 4th from the right, 'save'. Click it and OK it, then go out of the Editor. You will now have a blank copy of the French map in UserMaps. Open that folder in one window and, opening a second window, go to the original. Now, in the map you just made, delete all but the RRT_Scenario_User_france2.xml and the maps, the DDS and TGA files. One at a time, copy the XML files from the original France to your new one, adding the '2' to the name in each file. IE: RRT_Goods_France.xml is changed to RRT_Goods_France2.xml. You should end up with 11 XMLs and the DDS and TGA.

Now, go back into the Editor and you should find your map at the bottom by opening My Games, Sid Meier's Railroads!, UserMaps, France2. At this point you should have everything the original map had and you can make that part of Europe to whatever your heart desires..... :twisted:

If you have any other questions or you are just more confused, just ask.

And welcome to the Forum :mrgreen:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:02 am

Remember to COPY the files from the original France folder to the new Scenario (France2) folder. If you drag the files over it will most likely MOVE the files if you installed the game on your system (C:) drive. The default action when dragging files between two folders on the same drive is to MOVE them. Hold down the CTRL key while dragging to force a COPY.

Just a little Windows tip,
DF
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R mobo - Core i7 920
G.SKILL 3x1GB PC3 10666
MSI 8800GT Graphics Card
WD 150GB Raptor System Drive
WinXP Pro SP2 (LANfest Old Gamer Prize)