It's a no-go

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
blizzard

It's a no-go

Post by blizzard » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:49 pm

Hey fellow railroadians,

I've been looking into the fact of only having the option for 12 buildable in-city industries displayed when we try to build an industry in a city. Well it seems that the size of the pop-out box that displays the industry choices is hard-coded into the game. I've attached two screenshots of the build interface and as you can see, they are the same size in the game. The unaltered interface shows correctly without any anomalies. The altered interface (which I resized the interface .tga files, Int_Main_Slide.tga and Int_Slideout_TitleBar.tga) has some anomalies on it. Also notice in the altered image, the rivets are further apart on the right side but are in the same location on the left side. So it seems that regardless of the pixel size of the interface files, the displayed interface is only so wide. Like I said, probably due to hard-coding of that interface. ie the interface only has X amount (percentage maybe) of the screen to display on.

The sizes of the original files are Int_Main_Slide.tga - 273pX183p and Int_Slideout_TitleBar.tga - 139pX25p. I stretched both files by roughly 15% width-wise to possibly make the interface longer in the game. But no luck. With this, I conclude we are limited to a max of only 12 in-city industry options, that we can see anyway. You can have all the industries in your scenario BUT only 12 will be displayed. And they are probably listed in order of how they are listed in your Industries_CUSTOM.xml file, but this I haven't verified. Sorry peeps, but I tried. Can't fault me for that!

~Blizzard
Attachments
This is the unaltered interface.
This is the unaltered interface.
Unaltered Interface.jpg (92.86 KiB) Viewed 5674 times
This is the altered interface. Notice the broken lines on top and the rivet spacing as opposed to the unaltered interface.
This is the altered interface. Notice the broken lines on top and the rivet spacing as opposed to the unaltered interface.
Altered Interface.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 5674 times

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:02 pm

This has been tried before. i fact the wiki was made so that people would not reinvent the wheal.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:06 pm

Is there any way to change the size of the Industry Icons? Maybe 8 across and/or 3 up and down?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

blizzard

Post by blizzard » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:10 pm

I am SOOOOOOOO sorry Warll that I posted something without looking through the Wiki. I must be a total a-hole! Next time I'll take the extra time to browse through ALL this site before posting anything as I see this post has brought out a snide side of you. Reinvent the wheel? What kind of comment is that? Last post for a while.

gforce

Post by gforce » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:14 pm

don't get annoyed by warll... he will never change...

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:29 pm

Warll - I know you're young, but you must have heard the saying, 'There's more that one way to skin a cat!" Heck, if the first time an experimental steam engine blew up someone said 'ben tried, don't try again', what would we be doing now? 8)
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Warll

Post by Warll » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 pm

I did not mean my first to be mean in anyway. I fact I'm surprised that so many of you took it to be mean.

Dr Frag

Post by Dr Frag » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:19 am

I didn't think it was mean but then I didn't write the post so I wasn't sensitive to comment. :P

Don't give up experimenting blizzard, we need everyone to play around with stuff since this game has many strange behaviors. One persons gameplan may find something someone elses didn't.

DF