Maybe I missed it.

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
Iroc-SS

Maybe I missed it.

Post by Iroc-SS » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:28 pm

I did a search and couldn't find the answer. So here's my question:

When making a new map. How do I get all of the extra industries from the other scenarios (ie: Superbowl Express, Chi to Rock...) to load on the editor to place them where ever I want on the new map?
Yes, Virginia, there is a Peyton Manning.

gforce

Post by gforce » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:14 am

you have to load the .SMR_scenario file (if included in the map)
if so you will get easily the industries etc.. in the terrain editor
(so please do include that file, if you've got one)

Iroc-SS

Post by Iroc-SS » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:05 am

Yes I have that file, but do I need to change any XML's to get those new industries?

I just started this map, so right now it only has the basic industries. So wouldn't the .SMR_scenario file only still have the basics. Or are you meaning for me to load a diffrent .SMR_scenario file?

Sorry, I just don't quite follow your brief discription.

gforce

Post by gforce » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:00 am

Terrain Editor -> Load a saved map
(fe choose SuperBowlExpress.SMR_Scenario)
so an excisting SMR_Scenario file not yours.
If you do this you will get all the industries available of this scenario_map wich will be already alot more then the standard.
If you want to add more industrie choices. (fe those of the holiday scenario) then you've got to copy those from the xml files (there is no SMR_scenario file included in this map-download)
Also the included scenario files of the main-game don't have SMR_Scenario files :( so also there you will have to copy those from xml-files.

ps: be carefull, make a backup of the superbowl map because you will overwrite the map and or cities+industries locations...
you will be also working with all the other files of this scenario so you have to rename all of them and addapt scenario etc...
so, yes, for testing and addapting excisting scenario you can use the SMR_scenario files, but if you really want to have your scenario with all those choices you will be copying the industries

Otherwise have a look at the globla_xml files, can be found in a post, there you will have a file Industries with all the industries listed and use that one to copy...
This should help you out...

Iroc-SS

Post by Iroc-SS » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:28 pm

OK. I think I understand. But just to be sure. If I want my new map to include the other types of industries, I need to copy them from an existing XML file to my XML file?

And then I'll be able to place them?

gforce

Post by gforce » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:52 pm

yep, if you do load saved map,
if you do create new map on scenario (you would expect this) but then you will get only those basic choices

choobacca

Post by choobacca » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:30 pm

Iroc-SS wrote:OK. I think I understand. But just to be sure. If I want my new map to include the other types of industries, I need to copy them from an existing XML file to my XML file?

And then I'll be able to place them?
Iroc-SS,
You need to add these industries/goods to your map's XML file.
So if you wanted the Tannery from the SuperBowlExpress map for instance, you would need to add the following 3 lines to your RRT_Industries_IrocsMap.xml:
<RRTIndustry>
<szName>Tannery</szName>
</RRTIndustry>

This is assuming your global XML file contains the Tannery and all the parameters that define this industry. Otherwise the map won't load.
That's it!