Scenario and Map in Development (NEWS & help needed)

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
gforce

Scenario and Map in Development (NEWS & help needed)

Post by gforce » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:47 pm

8)
OK,
I decided to make a map and scenario.
So yes, testing out the possibilities of this game and limitations not tottaly done (never done).
BUT
A scenario and idea are decided by me.
Still alot of work, but already alot of bits an pieces everywhere that i'm putting together. AND yes, it's a hard job, alot of debugging and unexpected crashes makes it hard. :?

BUT still, it will surely give the game an additional dimension (i hope).
Already new industries and goods made today!
:D

if i need some help, i can count maybe on someone? i'll ask maybe later on...
Railroads Forever released when done :wink:
Last edited by gforce on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gforce

Post by gforce » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:32 pm

:arrow: NEW 1 - 2 new city types have been added.
Still i'm not sure about the numbers of cargo needed to grow to those bigger sized cities (waiting for RedKnight)
The excisting ones addapted to 4 new ones
:arrow: NEW 2 - 2 new passengers-classes goods added.
:arrow: NEW 3 - 3 new industries added
(still changing alot)
:?:
Question:
- what's the best way to adapt those icons?
my icons are not transparent around their circle.
The wagon icons are not correct, i had a look at superbowl example, but still don't get those changed?
- I would like to have different colors for the traincars, do i just have to change the texture and create new traincars from a copy.
what's the easiest way to do so?
- Can i Use the building sof the cities as models for a new industrie? (probably)

:!: Someone who have some suggestions or a reference to do this the easiest way, let me know? (i know i could have a look at all the posts before, but there are so many... :?

ps: i had alot of problems with those traincars, it crashed alot at getting the cars, what i'm doing now is just copy them into my local_map_traincars file and it works fine...

gforce

Post by gforce » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:48 am

so, an update of my project:
- I've learned to recolor the traincars, it was hard but yes at the end i made it happen... (those icons are not yet ok)
- I've noticed the limitation on inndustries, those can not make 2 products, what a letdown (i got frustrated)
still the workaround will be that a will place 2 industries instead, i'm not placing so much nex industries when i play, but still i need 1 place for the players so they can create their own city-specific.
(the industries must make the difference, let's say specialized villages in my case)
i hope i will continue... there's so much work to be done... :oops: