Help with user made map

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
GregD

Help with user made map

Post by GregD » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:27 pm

I apologize in adance for what probably is a knucklehead question - but

Using the terrain editor, I made a map that uses many terrain height and texture changes. It loads and saves in the terrain editor fine.
The problem I have is that it will not show up in the game with the terrain changes.
The new ciities, industries and other items like this do show up when I load the saved file but not the height or texture changes.

I used a lot of snow in the map and also have numerous terrain height changes that really make the map.

Can anyone offer advice on what I need to do to get my user created map to be available in the game?

Thanks in advance

Jimmylh

Post by Jimmylh » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:16 pm

I'm not sure what you did wrong but here is what you do to create a new user map. Open terrian editor. Pick create a new map. Give it a name and save. It saves in UserMaps folder by default. Pick a size for the map. I would suggest the 100x100 default for a beginner. Make your map. Save your map. Go to main menu and pick single player. Scroll thru the avalible maps until you see a user created map that looks like the one you made. Hope that helps you.
Jimmy

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:41 am

GregD - go into C:\Documents and Settings\ (your computer name) \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\UserMaps. Here you should find 2 items with the name you gave your map. The first is a folder, the second is a file that ends .SMR_Scenario with your map name at the beginning. If you are still having problems opening it, Zip it and upload it and I or someone else will look into it.

And Welcome to the Forum :!: :D
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....