Resources Conversion.

Discuss maps, trains and other modding topics
The South African

Resources Conversion.

Post by The South African » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Hi,

Currently, I don’t think there is any industry that needs two resources to produce one product.

They are all like: Milk ---> Food.

You could also make it that the same industry accepts two products and will produce another. Swine or Cattle ---> Food. (or A or B = ½ C)

Does anyone know if it’s possible to do A + B = C and not A or B = C?

leo

Post by leo » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:00 pm

I tried to do it awhile back but none of us at the time could do it. I dont think it is possible. I was hoping the Railroads! people would say one way or the other or add it in if it isnt possible.

2 resources to make 1 product is one of the things I would love to see... another that would be nice is 1 resource produces 2 products.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:29 pm

leo - 1 resource makes 2 products is no problem. For instance you could take the Livestock Plant and input 1 Cattle and make 1 Food and 1 Hide. The Hide could go to the Textile Mill and produce 1 Textile, or leather coat. The Textile Plant could take either Hides or Wool to produce clothing. The only thing holding any of this type of thing back is the people to produce the .fpk or files to do the graphics.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

leo

Post by leo » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:51 pm

You have tried this and it works? I am almost positive I did try this a few months back and it only produced the food not the hide.

Textile taking hide or wool to make one thing may work I cant remember if I tried it but I assume it would. But that is not what the op and I are looking for.

We want an industry that requires both resources to make one product. If the industry only gets one it just stockpiles until it gets the other resource to start making the product.

The only thing I remember that makes two products is a resource ... if I remember right it is the pig farm? pigs and nitrates... but you dont have to give it anything to make it work... it just works ...

The South African

Post by The South African » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:42 pm

snoopy55,

Are you sure it’s possible for one resource to be converted into two others?
Say A = B and C or A = ½B and ½C.

I have not been able to get this to work. So you mind posting the code that you got this to work with.

Thanks.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:22 pm

This is logical thinking. I'm working on programing now. please be patient as while trying to make it work, I'm also trying to keep the game working. :shock:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:19 pm

:oops: I apologize, it can't be done that way. But, it can be done in another way. If you use 'None' as inputs for both and put both A and B as inputs for both A and B, it will show both A and B each give you C, but A and B will not be REQUIRED to get C.

All this playing around, and I had to clear SMR from my computer to clean up the mess, has created a Map I called Hill Valley Steaks.

Now we just have to hope Firaxis sees this and rewrites some code to make it happen. :roll:

leo

Post by leo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:54 am

Good luck with that ... I have a feeling they are done with the game and are moving on... I hope they are not but I havnt seen any posts by them here in a while and no mentions of another patch.

I hope I am wrong. I would love to be able to create scenarios with a more complex resource = product scheme like previous versions of the RRT.

The game is fine for multi-player , fast and furious but with single player stuff I would like to be a little more creative and complex.