Front page map queue

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Warll

Front page map queue

Post by Warll » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Hey mappers I'll be using this thread to organize the map queue. To give each map a fair share of front page exposure I queue up the new maps. A map will enter the queue once a final version has been posted and tested by a second player.

The frontpage queue as of 2014-07-08:

-. US_Southeast Version 2 - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4604

If you notice a map you think should be in the queue then please reply to this thread.

TMILLER

Re: Front page map queue

Post by TMILLER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Warll, You might add my Canadian Pacific map to the queue. Also I think Cabo's Iberia map is a revised version of his earlier Cadiz map, but I am not sure. He may have intended it as two maps. You may need to check with him.
Karsten has played my first version of the Canadian Pacific map, but I have not received any comments yet on the revised Canadian Pacific map. The map queue is a good idea. I have not noticed it before, so I guess it is something you have added recently. Nice Work.
- TMiller

Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:35 am

Thank you TMILLER

To be honest I didn't have a formal queue before now. It has been at least a year or two since we've had this many new maps. I have to thank you and Cabo for giving us so many high quality maps.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 am

Warll if you wish to post that size 18 map I rebuilt for Basin and Range, please do so. Think of a new name for it and please place Choobacca and Big Pappa's names in there, as it was their big creation from the start. My input at the time they built it was minimal. It took me some time to rebuild this scenario and fix all the bugs. This larger size landmass was rebuilt and painted all the way. lowering the landscape placed many lower lying land areas under water...those were rebuilt by hand as-it-were.
This rebuild has a lowered mountain and rebuilt/repainted landscape, lower river banks plus all the engine and car files were rebuilt so the scenario runs solid saves great all the way through. There will be no rebuild of the old size 13 original map. Only this new size 18 and it runs great…end of project. I also moved the cities and such inside the game map borders as well…this improves game play. The size 18 map is way bigger than the old and money has been adjusted for that extra track and expense.
The files can be found in the new Maps In Development threads.

Warll

Post by Warll » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Notice for all map makers: I'll be updating this list in ~2 weeks. I have an interview with microsoft and finals until then. At the same time I'll make some improvements to the site.

karsten

Post by karsten » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Well good luck with all that! :D

Warll

Post by Warll » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:43 am

I have posted Iberia to the front game. Thank you Cabo!

Warll

Post by Warll » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:57 am

Well now more than half a year later I get to thank TMILLER for the incredible canada pacific map! I also need to thank him for his patience. Canada pacific should now be on the front page.

thebugman

Post by thebugman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:26 am

Keep up the good work guys.

Are there any more maps likely to be appearing soon?

thebugman

Post by thebugman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Is it possible for someone to upload the Long Shot map here? I have been banned again from the other site :roll:

I have also noted a problem with the map. It is impossible to build all the required industries for game completion as some towns already have 3 industries. Hopefully someone can help

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Here it is:

viewtopic.php?p=51065#p51065

Sorry about any problems with the bobby's site. I know a lot of things have to be done to prevent Spammers from messing things up. Right now I'm having a problem with something having to do with the latest version of Opera, it keeps telling me to update, and I have the latest update now. Sometimes it's just the more they change, the more problems there are......

Let me know if you have any problems with it as it is my job to find and fix any problems.
Last edited by snoopy55 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

thebugman

Post by thebugman » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:26 pm

Thanks Snoopy. Do you know if the map has been updated?
Baraduin needs a peletiser but already has 3 industries and another town needs a industry but already has 3 (can't remember which town).

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:11 pm

I'm sorry, looking it over, there are a few problems with it. Jancsika created it and SAM'd it, so I never gave it a thought. We discussed it heavily in the maps thread. i'll have to look it over and see what is going on and what can be done. The copy I posted was his SAM version posted on the other forum, which has the problems.

Give me some time and I'll see what I can do. Look over what you downloaded and see if you can find any other problems.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:28 pm

OK, I figured out the errors and I think I have them repaired. I'm going to let one of you test it, just make sure you do at least one test running every Good to be sure they are all OK. Then run it to win it to be sure it can be done.

Let me know of any problems.
Attachments
Long_Beach SAM.7z
Reworked version
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 893 times

RDubs

Post by RDubs » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:48 am

Hi all,

Well, after some extensive testing with railage's help, I've finally got a final SAM for Southern Ontario Deluxe that I'm ready to air for public consumption, if there's room in the database for it :)

A lot of work was done to better balance the difficulties across the eras of the scenario, so I think it's a lot more fun to play now! Enjoy.
Attachments
Southern Ontario Deluxe SAM.7z
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 779 times
Southern Ontario Deluxe.jpg
Southern Ontario Deluxe.jpg (71.66 KiB) Viewed 25219 times