Newb map editing questions

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
moodyvillain

Newb map editing questions

Post by moodyvillain » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:50 pm

So I have the game patched and 3g enabled, and is running smoothly now with 0 crashes since I enabled the map editor. (hooray!)

So I want to "test" run. (I will mess with a bigger map once I successfully create a basic test map) So I created a map from a heightmap that I converted to targa using Photoshop. Then sized it to 901x901 which is the 15blocksX15blocks exactly, right? the I tried to load it in the terrain editor and I get this message.

"your current map size is 225 square units. You cannot load a map size of 225 square units"

.... um WTF? .... huh? what am I doing wrong?

Rodea2007

Re: Newb map editing questions

Post by Rodea2007 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:37 am

moodyvillain wrote:So I have the game patched and 3g enabled, and is running smoothly now with 0 crashes since I enabled the map editor. (hooray!)

So I want to "test" run. (I will mess with a bigger map once I successfully create a basic test map) So I created a map from a heightmap that I converted to targa using Photoshop. Then sized it to 901x901 which is the 15blocksX15blocks exactly, right? the I tried to load it in the terrain editor and I get this message.

"your current map size is 225 square units. You cannot load a map size of 225 square units"

.... um WTF? .... huh? what am I doing wrong?
Open RRT_Scenario_yourMap.xml, then looking for the line with word "Map Size" then change the value with 15...just it.....
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

moodyvillain

Re: Newb map editing questions

Post by moodyvillain » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 pm

But 15x15 is default size. I figured I should make a normal map before I tried creating a custom sized map.

It is the proper sized file for the default size map. I used the map making tutorial here in the sticky.