Immigrants SAM map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Jancsika

Immigrants SAM map

Post by Jancsika » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 pm

The game based on immigrants coming to America, working in the coal mines, cornfields etc. contributing to the growth of the nation, while the bankers of Wall Street collecting the gold.
I tried to make it on American geography but it just did not worked right. I kept the American names but using an immaginary landscape. There are high mountains and deep valleys making the track layout chellenging.
There are dual steam locomotives looking great belching pollution over the landscape.
SMRailroads!0000.jpg
ImmigrantsSAM.zip
(8.48 MiB) Downloaded 817 times
How to install and use SAM (Stand Alone Maps)

1) Go into C:\Documents and Settings\(your computers name)\My Documents\My Games and rename the Sid Meier's Railroads! folder you presently have, adding an ending to it, whatever you want. ("SidMeier's Railroads - Old" will do just fine)

2) Start the game. When it gets to the main menu, exit. This will create a brand new, empty Sid Meier's Railroads! folder.

3) Go into the Sid Meier's Railroads! folder you renamed and copy the 'Settings.ini' file into the newly created Sid Meier's Railroads! folder. You now have the basis for all future SAM and CIC maps.This is not mandatory, but your old "Settings.ini" file has all the customisation that you made to the game. (Clouds, graphics setting, Newspaper etc.)

4) Open the Sid Meier's Railroads! folder, then open the UserMaps folder.

5) Open the Zip file of the map you wish to play and extract the map folder, to the UserMaps folder.Please note that there are NO FPK files with this map!

6) Close all folders and play the map

Unzip the file and place in the C:\My Documents\.....\SidMeier's Railroads!\UserMaps folder and enjoy.

Jancsika