Mud Skippers

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Lowell

Re: Mud Skippers

Post by Lowell » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:26 am

Okay I see what has happened here. :lol:

People I have been told that if you go to Bobby's site he has made a Sam version of my map...(gee...that didn't take long... :roll: )...reconstructing it's file structure...which I have made "this way for a reason."

If you want my maps to run flawless on your system and post images for items, please remember where you got the source. I cannot speak for anything they have done and have no idea. I fix my files only.

If you want a fully beta tested perfect running map of mine...you need my files only. Use my files from my site, the direct download link is located on the first post of this thread. :)

Thanks
MudSkipper management 8)

19kenny56

Post by 19kenny56 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:06 am

Lowell wrote:Okay I see what has happened here. :lol:

People I have been told that if you go to Bobby's site he has made a Sam version of my map...(gee...that didn't take long... :roll: )...reconstructing it's file structure...which I have made "this way for a reason."

If you want my maps to run flawless on your system and post images for items, please remember where you got the source. I cannot speak for anything they have done and have no idea. I fix my files only.

If you want a fully beta tested perfect running map of mine...you need my files only. Use my files from my site, the direct download link is located on the first post of this thread. :)

Thanks
MudSkipper management 8)
I only saw links to download you maps from your www.crimsonsun.cc site.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:39 am

Oh okay...that's cool. I don't mind that. They have my permission to post the map as long as they offer my link. If they wish to make a sam version they may, but I would make sure it has several tests for crashes first and I will be happy to offer any help I can...but like I mentioned, I've tried the all global file system and just gave up. Maybe whatever is the trouble with that, it doesn't happen till you get say a huge map... :?:

It's just that I know sams use global files only in their construction and I had some major issues with my maps doing that. It took a ton of headaces to get everything just right...picky game for sure.

For member OnaDeathWish; I would say, if it seems like that dds image file is still missing on your file set...delete what mud skippers file you have all the way. Then re-download it and that should fix any corupted download files etc. Please feel free to keep me informed. The screenshot I took of that mogul tender, was in a new RailRoads game folder and I downloaded my own files to make that screenshot.

Thanks and sorry you had somesort of trouble. The red blob is a missing DDS image file, it won't cause a crash, but I would like you to redownload the files as I don't want you to have some corrupted file or something. I thought for a moment maybe you had downloaded a newly constructed sam version and I just wouldn't know how to fix their version if that is what was happenning...hey I had a couple strokes, :) you have to give me some slack as I am running on half-speeed here... :D I'm trying to fight it.
Attachments
mud_herald.png
mud_herald.png (22.29 KiB) Viewed 11764 times
Last edited by Lowell on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

twisteddman

Post by twisteddman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:14 am

Hey played your map last night . I realy liked it. You did a good job an this. It was a lot of fun.
I love this game and always get the urge to play it .Its like it never gets old. Except there isnt enough single player maps. Thanks to people like you who make these wonderful new maps i can continue to enjoy it. Thanks again

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:27 am

Well thankyou.
...I have more on the way... :D

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:49 pm

Except there isnt enough single player maps.
There are quite a few. Check this post there are about 30 SAM maps in there. All single player.
http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =42&t=3389
Also look at Rodea's maps, also all my maps are single player with scenario goals for single playing.
Jancsika

19kenny56

Post by 19kenny56 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Hey twisteddman, there are a big bunch of them to download here -> http://eric.bkbobby.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Me and my brother got the all.

Warll

Re: 泥ud Skippers

Post by Warll » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:50 pm

/shameless self promotion.

Don't forget http://www.smrsimple.com/category/maps/

fezzic181

Post by fezzic181 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 pm

Does this map work in traintable mode? Crashes each time I load it that way. I played a full game of it doing the objectives though.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:34 am

I have tested it in TrainTable mode before and everything ran fine. Did you download the map from this thread and my link?

I will give it a try later just to make sure.

fezzic181

Post by fezzic181 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:07 am

Yes downloaded from link in first post.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:15 am

Okay cool. I will give it a run tonight and see what or if there is an issue. I need all my maps to work with the traintable setting as many players like to play the game that way.

I may also mention that member Jancsika had posted on this thread somewhere...if I am not mistaken that he had played it in Traintable mode first, then the scenario. He reported all ran fine.

But you never know...thanks for letting me know, I will get right on it tonight. :)

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:50 am

Update:
TrainTable mode tests fine. Tested on a new game load and downloaded from my link on page one of this thread...plus tested on three different machines.

Please make sure your Custom Assets folder is empty...as well as making Mud Skippers "one file folder" only being inside the User Maps folder. Leave everything inside the one file folder for the maps files and assets. Before even thinking of playing the games Default game maps...remove Mud Skippers for normal game operation. Only leave my maps in the usermaps folder when you are playing them, they must be removed to play any other maps. :)

Mud Skippers has a global difficulity file as more money is needed on all levels for reason of the large map surface. TrainTable mode has an input on that master list.

Maybe try re-downloading the file? Please feel free to keep me informed. Mud Skippers will use a ton of system resources when near full, but it is just a tiny size 16 map. 8)
Attachments
SMRailroads!0000.jpg

fezzic181

Post by fezzic181 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Well hmm that's just plain goofy. I tried deleting all the folders in my doc railroads instead of just emptying them all out and poof it works.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Could someone please explain why my map was torn apart by others, new models added without my knowing any of this...then the title pictures changed...even then my name was placed at the end of the credits and it took me three months to make that mod by my self...all my ideas. Not a single email to inform me of this?
I was asked to reload Florida Gold, the Georgia map and others but...mmm
I am just not sure what is happenning around here any more. I am not upset, I am glad for any help...but please understand, I want to be the one to correct my maps and my files. Just tell me what you would like and let me do it. "Please."
You left everything alone on Holidays In Ohio and those were edited the exact same way as PNG's just like Mud Skippers...so what's the beef?
Remember if you pull in a PNG to edit it as a bitmap you just stripped off one of the layers...you would see "holes" that you just caused. PNG's must be edited as PNG's, they hold more color layers...the game pickes them right up.

Then you have it listed in the Maps list as made by Bobby? What's that all about? You guys want to take others completed work (with no errors) then do a couple add-ons to it then call it yours?
Attachments
Gold Ore Train
Gold Ore Train
Last edited by Lowell on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.