New Alaska Map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
jowe10

New Alaska Map

Post by jowe10 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:21 am

I have had this map for a while and decided to post it after running it through Bushdoctors "project test a map procedure". I feel pretty confident that it is bug free. There are no custom goods or industries and I have played it numerous times without problems.

The map is challenging and plays differently depending on your start location. You will have to keep aware of all goals from each era and make sure you work toward all of them early in the game. it is a large map (15 x 15) with spaced out industries.

All you should have to do is put the folder in the user maps directory.
Attachments
Alaska_Early.rar
15 x 15 Alaska map
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 959 times

roythelad

Post by roythelad » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:31 pm

thank you its cool enjoyed first game going back now for more, no crashes, really enjoyed it even on my low comp :lol:

karsten

Post by karsten » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:43 pm

Very interesting map. I eventually managed to complete the goals 10 years early, but only after first missing the gold in the first era, and then the Prudhoe Bay passengers in the second era. But with a massive effort (while buying out three competitors), everything fell into place.
I think this could also be a good map for a more strategic single-player scenario, especially since there is a lot of interesting scenery.
Attachments
Alaska route A.jpg
Alaska route A.jpg (120.5 KiB) Viewed 8730 times
Prudhoe Bay.jpg
Prudhoe Bay.jpg (147.73 KiB) Viewed 8731 times

Borkvald

Post by Borkvald » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Nice map, jowe. But i'm afraid it's not bug free. AI is somehow making too much money. The bastard had only a couple of trains running, and was nearly making the money I made with my 15, gold and stuff. And AI's trains are running in a sandbox mode, while mine are suffering hard conditions. I'm no modder, else I could look into the XML's.

Well, just for the record. Liked your Africa map, this one needs some adjustments.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:32 pm

Borkvald - since the Scenario didn't set specific AIs for the map, you will be getting random ones every time, The random selection will give you AIs that may be great at laying track but lousy at buying. The four charactoristics are:

<iBuildSkill>4</iBuildSkill> - This number decides the building skill of the player, 0 to 4, 4 being highest skill level.
<iFinanceSkill>4</iFinanceSkill> - This number decides the financial skill of the player, 0 to 4, 4 being highest skill level.
<iOperatorSkill>4</iOperatorSkill> - This number decides the train operating skill of the player, 0 to 4, 4 being highest skill level.
<iRobberSkill>4</iRobberSkill> - This number decides the goods stealing skill of the player, which decides how much he will try to take Goods from other players production, 0 to 4, 4 being highest skill level.

As you can see the 16 different possible AIs can really be a challenge or just to simple. Play a few more times and see what you get. Create your own AI if you want to and make them all 3's and 4's.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:18 am

looks great!
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

karsten

Re: New Alaska Map

Post by karsten » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:22 pm

A tough nut to crack at Robber Baron level, especially Era One. Tireshark was the first to succeed - Congratulations! 8)

At first I thought I could not replicate Tireshark's success, but with a lot of trial and error, it worked! Here is a screenshot of my routes, starting from Fairbanks, as Robber Baron. With somewhat different routes than Tireshark, I got Era One two years early, without the cheap maintenance patent.

And a lot cleaner than my routes in 2008 above, I must say. But then, I was fighting 3 AI. :lol:
Attachments
Routes Early Alaska RB 8 yrs to go.jpg