Side to Side

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
snoopy55

Side to Side

Post by snoopy55 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:05 pm

This is a workable map from research-in-progress. This is a railroad that has chosen to leave Passengers and Mail to AMTRAK. The only 2 goals are get everything to the other side, and get Beer to everyone. It won't run until the installer is done.

atani - The needed info for doing an Installer is in RTF files. The Jelly_Bake folder sits in CustomAssets. I started to look into that and got confused from the get-go. I placed some ideas for possibly making it easier, and anyone who has done it should be able to put them into use. Thanks ahead of time for doing it :wink: .

Just a note. You will see a Passenger icon, but it is a 'No Passenger' icon. Ignore it. It was found that the game requires either Passengers or mail for a SAM. Thanks to Jancsika for discovering that.

Map with installer available below, Atani's post dated Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:50 am
Jancsika

File comment: new installer for this map. Extract and run setup to install this map.
Setup_Side To Side_1.0d.zip [996 KiB]
Downloaded 601 times
Attachments
Side_to_Side.jpg
Side_to_Side.jpg (12.13 KiB) Viewed 13261 times
Last edited by snoopy55 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

atani

Post by atani » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:47 am

Installer for this... Unfortunately something is funky on my laptop here and with this map my system goes big boom (traditional blue screen of death).

The error report is for igxpdx32.dll (DirectDraw(R) Driver for Intel(R) Graphics Tech, version 6.14.10.4764).

Intel released a new version of their drivers, I am going to install that and give it a shot again...

--- Edit
Applied the latest drivers (2007-03-02) and still getting BSOD :(

--- Edit #2
Removed original installer, it has major problems with it! If you already installed it, remove the Jelly entry from the RRT_Goods.xml GLOBAL XML.

Mike
Last edited by atani on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warll

Post by Warll » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:45 am

I wonder what will happen on my computer? After all Vista does not even have the BSOD.

atani

Post by atani » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:50 am

New installer attached to this post... This fixes up most of the issues that I encountered...

This map should also mention that it requires the BasinAndRangeDemoMods.fpk file.

Here is what I changed for the installer:

1) moved the Jelly_Bake bits into CustomAssets\Jelly_Bake (mistakenly installed to CustomAssets before)
2) renamed cariconsideviewsedit.tga and cariconsideviewsemptyedit.tga to jelly_car.tga and jelly_car_empty.tga

After fixing these I was successful in playing this map (a bit)...

----
Edit: 2007-03-20 @ 930PM PST
Updated installer to include latest Beer fix and a fix for the Baker to accept cornmeal.
If you have a previous version, suggest removing Baker (Bakery if it is using the Winery for the images), Jelly Factory from CustomAssets/XML/RRT_Industries.xml and then reinstall using this new installer (1.0c)

Edit: 2007-03-24 @ 950PM PST
Updated installer to include the Beer fix from Snoopy.

Mike
Attachments
Setup_Side To Side_1.0d.zip
new installer for this map. Extract and run setup to install this map.
(996 KiB) Downloaded 1022 times
Last edited by atani on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:14 am

I installed the first one Mike. Do I have to move any files? :shock:

vzbob

Red Blob

Post by vzbob » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:45 pm

In the Industry File for this 1 there is an error in spelling in the RRT_Industries_sides .XML the word Baker should be Bakery otherwise it show as red blob in the town. Just a Little 1 and the Cornmeal Has no where to goto.

Warll

Post by Warll » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:51 pm

I had a red dot in my starting city and when I clicked on the city SMR crashed .

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:02 pm

Warll wrote:I had a red dot in my starting city and when I clicked on the city SMR crashed .
Same here. The red dot likely corresponds to the bakery but I won't be able to play SMRR till I get home tonight so I can't check.

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:04 pm

Are these files suppose to be in a separate folder in custom assets?
Attachments
files.JPG
files.JPG (94.6 KiB) Viewed 13936 times

dwax

Re: Red Blob

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:20 pm

vzbob wrote:In the Industry File for this 1 there is an error in spelling in the RRT_Industries_sides .XML the word Baker should be Bakery otherwise it show as red blob in the town. Just a Little 1 and the Cornmeal Has no where to goto.
I changed that to Bakery and tried to load the game, It crashed. said Sid Meiers caused an abrupt termination and must close. :(

atani

Post by atani » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:06 pm

dwax wrote:Are these files suppose to be in a separate folder in custom assets?
Sorry, yes these should live in CustomAssets/Jelly_Bake instead of CustomAssets.

This was corrected in the 1.0a installer.

I will check the XML files again for the Industries and correct as needed.

Mike

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:31 pm

atani - you stated:

2) renamed cariconsideviewsedit.tga and cariconsideviewsemptyedit.tga to jelly_car.tga and jelly_car_empty.tga

I see the reason for that, in a way. I was using the file I edited from Mid_East Iron folder. Worked on mine, but your way is better in the long run. The only problem is you forgot to change it in the RRT_Goods file. No problem, I've gone for the longest time trying to figure out why something won't work, only to find I missed 1 little thing.

vzbob and others - no error with Baker, don't change it. I used a different building as that Bakery may look good at the North Pole, but not here. There is an Industry called 'Baker' installed using the Refinery as a building. The flames are the burning of the plastic containers the jelly was shipped in.
The Cornmeal is made to go to the Baker. Jelly filled Corn Muffins...Yum Yum :wink:

I moved my files out and loaded the installer version, and aside from the Jelly car icon, all appears OK.
Thanks atani, I learned something from this with those icons.

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:36 pm

How about the red blob, was that fixed with the new installer? I found it and clicked it and got a CTD. :)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:42 pm

Unless you or atani changed the Baker to Bakery, it should not have been there. I just installed the new one and it works.

atani - it added the 6 Names XMLs to the \CustomAssets\XML. Is there a reason for this?

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Didn't change anything,updated to the new installer v 1.0b looked around and still have the red blob.
Attachments
red_blob.JPG
red_blob.JPG (131.05 KiB) Viewed 13908 times