The American Transcontinental Railroad- Version 1.2a Final

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Damian

Post by Damian » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:15 pm

Maybe I'm missing something. I think the map is awesome and I applaud the hard work that went into it. However at least in table mode, the game starts off on the west coast which is badly pushed against the left side. You can barely see San Fransisco at all. Also, all the west coast cities are calling for cornmeal and wheat, yet there's none to be found on the map.
Am I missing something?

atani

Post by atani » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:21 pm

Damian wrote:Maybe I'm missing something. I think the map is awesome and I applaud the hard work that went into it. However at least in table mode, the game starts off on the west coast which is badly pushed against the left side. You can barely see San Fransisco at all. Also, all the west coast cities are calling for cornmeal and wheat, yet there's none to be found on the map.
Am I missing something?
Unfortunately this is a bug of sorts in RR. They chop the map scrolling off when you approach the sides of the minimap. Ideally they would let you scroll all the way off the minimap with the viewing window rather than just view to the edge of the minimap.

What you can do as a workaround is rotate your view. Hold down your middle mouse button and move left/right to rotate the view.

Mike

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:31 pm

stormfather said he was going to update this map. thought it would be done by now. soon I hope. :) I like this one. :)

Slappy Da Clown

yep

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:10 am

Yes

I like this one too.

Slappy

Taggart

Map / Mod problem

Post by Taggart » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:59 am

I really enjoy this map. You did a wonderful job on it. But one thing I noticed is that while playing it, Mange's Tender Mod doesn't seem to be running. It works on other maps but not this one.

Is there something special I/we need to do to enable it with this map?

Thanks.

atani

Re: Map / Mod problem

Post by atani » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:26 am

Taggart wrote:I really enjoy this map. You did a wonderful job on it. But one thing I noticed is that while playing it, Mange's Tender Mod doesn't seem to be running. It works on other maps but not this one.

Is there something special I/we need to do to enable it with this map?

Thanks.
Other than installing the tender mod (using the installer) there should not be anything that you need to do. I am looking at the installer now to see if there is a bug in it for adding the tender car lines to the trains file.

I will likely post an update to that installer tonight to fix this issue.

Mike

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:15 am

Before you uploaded the installer I had not bothered to download this map. Now that I can install maps easier then ever I got all the maps you've made installers for. This map was the first I played I have managed to get a fair sized railroad. Only how RailRoads! is becoming very unstably so i think I'll have to leave this map alone.

atani

Re: Map / Mod problem

Post by atani » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:57 am

atani wrote:I am looking at the installer now to see if there is a bug in it for adding the tender car lines to the trains file.
I found the bug in the tender mod installer, you should redownload and install the tender mod again (using the installer) and you should end up with tenders again.

Mike

Warll

Post by Warll » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:58 am

you mean the one from the mods site? Also why is this maps installer called "Setup_NE_UK_1.0.zip"?

atani

Post by atani » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:03 am

Warll wrote:you mean the one from the mods site? Also why is this maps installer called "Setup_NE_UK_1.0.zip"?
I have had a hard time today getting this site to work right for the various uploads, i had a couple posts which picked up the wrong zip file, etc. I have fixed the download link in this thread now.

As for the tenders, there is an installer for the tenders here http://www.hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic ... 4233#14233

Mike

Taggart

tenders in this map

Post by Taggart » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm

I have Manges Tender mod installed already but the tenders didn't show up in this map.

I found that if you delete the "tenders" section from the train.xml for this map that the mod tenders started working. I guess since Stormfather tried coding in a couple tenders of his own that it uses those values instaed of Manges mod.

redgett

Post by redgett » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:41 am

This is my favorite map..Thanks so much for making this....I can play it all day long!!!

Rick

dick810

Post by dick810 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:38 pm

don't know if i missed it but boston wants lumber i see no where on the map where there is lumber. is there a cure for cities that show up on the edges of the map very hard to lay track am getting hang of it other than that have had fun with map

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:06 pm

dick810 wrote:don't know if i missed it but boston wants lumber i see no where on the map where there is lumber. is there a cure for cities that show up on the edges of the map very hard to lay track am getting hang of it other than that have had fun with map
Lumber mills are in the scenario, but the map uses random resource placement. I'm guessing that the game just didn't place any lumber mills down that time.

As for cities that are wedged onto the edges, there's no real trick to it. I know it's a pain to gork with Boston and San Fran, but it was either squeeze them in or leave them out.

dick810

Post by dick810 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:01 pm

than i quess if understand what you are saying you are not going to be able to complete or win everyscenerio