Mexico

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Slappy Da Clown

nice one

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi Guys

Put this on with the installer & it finally works gr8. d53642 could you or someone put some passengers & mail in, & perhaps some demand for the goods that are produced ? It would sure spice it up some.

Slappy Da Clown

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Slappy - as D53642 has been out for a month, I figured I'd tackle this. I worked out what he was using in the map and edited the RRT_Cities file. You may find the map needs a little editing, I placed a track in one town and it went under water. I also had a Swine Farm in the middle of a river :!: Clean little piggies..... :lol:

Enjoy!
Attachments
MEXICO.zip
Repaired 'Gray Box Syndrone'
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 376 times
Last edited by snoopy55 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:56 am

Thanks snoopy55 for the update.

Played no CTD's wahoo thats good news.

Some more feedback on this map are:

One city Laredo you cant ship coal or goods to as when you add a train its off the map.

Mexico looks if its in a crater lake - I dont know if thats supposed to be like that.

Missing tender cars likw American, Consolidation and Pacific (thats as far as I got in the game) in the RRT_TrainCars_MEXICO.xml (I added edited those and they showed up ok)

Apart that its well layout and its a map for those that like laying track and not worrying about Scenario's

only 1/2 way through at the moment.

I like this map :D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:50 am

Thank-you, 50% bordom, 50% Slappy and 50% 'I like to see things working'..... And no disrespect meant tword D53642, he created this map back in the stone ages before we had all the easy software and knowledge. He does hold the record for map creation.

The first 2, along with Chihuahua going under water with track laying and possible Annexes ending up in rivers, need to be handled by a good Map Dr. A little higher ground and lower water bottom should do it. The town of Laredo would require either a major map shift (which I don't know ifit can be done) or its' removal.

The missing Tenders, I had repaired that, but I needed to load the original map again as I had lost the map image in the Game (don't know why, any ideas anyone?) and I mistakenly wrote over about an hours work. I guess I missed those. I'm not sure if all of the tenders are needed for the US engines, so I just put them all in maps. Not much more to add.

I'll update the RRT_TrainCars.

atani

Post by atani » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:56 am

snoopy55 wrote:I'm not sure if all of the tenders are needed for the US engines, so I just put them all in maps
Removing the TenderCars section of the RRT_TrainCars_XXX.xml also fixes the tender cars as long as the tender car mod has been installed...

Mike

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:11 am

I will try this again duhh

Thanks snoopy55

Here is my RRT_TrainCars_MEXICO.xml

Plus in RRT_Cities_MEXICO.xml I just changed these two settings.

<StartX>100</StartX> and <StartY>-120</StartY>

was <StartX>193</StartX> <StartY>-172</StartY>

It moved the town over to accross the river - not bad for a guess.

It because of you and others here we are encourged to fiddle and with the great help here I have started to play unsder the hood, and in some maps moved towns etc. :D
Attachments
RRT_TrainCars_MEXICO.txt
RRT_TrainCars_MEXICO.xml
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:57 am

Hmm this is interesting atani
Removing the TenderCars section of the RRT_TrainCars_XXX.xml also fixes the tender cars as long as the tender car mod has been installed...
I did that and removed all reference to tender cars in the RRT_TrainCars_MEXICO.xml and started a new game and I have tender cars.

I have added to other maps that have not had the tender cars to show the tender cars as some maps have some tenders listed and not others.

Perhaps this is the trick is to remove all the referance to tender cars in the RRT_TrainCars_xxxxxx.xml file in the C:\Documents and Settings\This_is_you\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets\XML\_SCENARIOS_\map name\RRT_TrainCars_xxxx.xml

This way all the tender cars will show up as it looks if you have one reference in there the SMR game reads this xml file not the tender mod.

Need others to feedback on this one.

:D
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:05 am

atani wrote:
snoopy55 wrote:I'm not sure if all of the tenders are needed for the US engines, so I just put them all in maps

Mike
Not sure what you said there, but I only meant that I'm not sure which Tender Cars go to which Engines, US, UK, French, German, so I always just put them all in.

K-class - I've spent alot of time moving towns, and seldom get them on the first shot. As to playing under the hood, I've made changes in downloaded maps just for my own use.

Oh ya, watch when you save XMLs as wordpad saves them as text and sometimes that puts extra junk in the file. I use Notepad++ to edit, XML notepad 2007 to do auto-indenting, (easier to read) and XML Marker to test for errors. All FREE on the internet. (thank-you to those who directed me!)

atani

Post by atani » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:17 am

snoopy55 wrote: Not sure what you said there, but I only meant that I'm not sure which Tender Cars go to which Engines, US, UK, French, German, so I always just put them all in.
Basically if a RRT_TrainCars_xxxx.xml contains any TenderCars entries then the map will not use the tender car mod unless all tender cars are listed. Thus no custom maps should list TenderCars at all!

Mike

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:00 am

Gotcha, it's like the locating of Industries, you either list all the tenders, or don't list them at all. Any partial gets you only partial. Now, seeing as there were at least 2 of us who didn't know this, we need a moderator controlled sticky to post these things so all mappers use them. Put it in Talk maybe, with a 1 post notice in Maps? (also, look at Trains on the main page) I'll also rewrite my tut or note it in there.

K-class - when you refer to anything in and above the CustomAssets folder, you might want to just start from \CustomAssets\ as it looks confusing, specially at 5:00 in the morning. Just a thought.

Slappy Da Clown

hmmmm

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:52 pm

Played gr8 using the installer. No issues at all. Needs more stuff as I said in earlier post. Tried to put your file in snoop & now theres a grey screen at the selection & then it crashes when it starts. Im sure its my fault I probably put the files in the wrong place.

Slappy

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:18 pm

Slappy - must have been a disease, went Gray Box in mine also. I had changed 2 XML references, but it ran fine for me and a couple other guys.

Fixed now. D53642 has been away since Jan 23, so I guess if you have any ideas I could work them up for you. What do you think it needs, Pot 8) ? Coke 8) ? Tacos :P ? Tequila :twisted: ? Hey, how come no ones come up with anything stronger than Beer :? ?

Give me some ideas of what you want....

dwax

Post by dwax » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:28 pm

snoopy55 wrote:Fixed now. D53642 has been away since Jan 23, so I guess if you have any ideas I could work them up for you. What do you think it needs, Pot 8) ? Coke 8) ? Tacos :P ? Tequila :twisted: ? Hey, how come no ones come up with anything stronger than Beer :? ?

Give me some ideas of what you want....
How about all of them :lol: you know when you go south of the border what you can find. :lol:

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:07 pm

OK, Steel to make the Pots, we need Sugar to make the Coca-cola, we have Cornmeal for the Tacos, and I haven't the foggest idea how to make Tequila...... :lol:

Slappy Da Clown

cool

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:16 pm

Agave = Tequillia

Trust an old drunk clown here. Grain = Tortillias. Tortillias = Tacos.

Lots could be done. Beans are big in Mexico. Oil + Coal , Gold & Copper are all found there. Although Turquoise might be more accurate than Gold. Clay is required to make pots. I think in the early days passengers & mail were one of the biggest things.

Thanx Snoop for takin the time here. If you can give me a day I can do a little historical railroad research to make it more accurate.

Slappy