Lost Cities SAM

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Bushdoctor

Re: Lost Cities SAM

Post by Bushdoctor » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Thank you for that link to the replacement Wiki. Perhaps it's sensible to update the link in the top menu.

I found the link to the Hawkdawg website in the second post but it only seems to offer 1 zip for this map. I assumed I needed 2 zips because when using the single one the game CTD's when trying to load the map. I must be doing something wrong?

It would be a very smart move to include instructions in the readme files that tell the user what should and should not be installed.

Greets and thanks,
Doc.

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:44 pm

On that forum it is only one ZIP, because it permits to upload unlimited size of files.
Here the limit is 10 MB, also most of the Mail programs have a 10MB limit, so we had to split it.
The same goes for some other large maps. Borneo, Maryland, etc.

As of deleting the link to the Wiki from the top, Falconeer is working on it. It is a rather complicated process as I understand. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jancsika

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi Bushdoc - great to see an enthusiastic veteran visiting the forum! Hang in there with getting Lost Cities to run on your system, its a very enjoyable brainteaser! Just make sure that this is the only map in your UserMaps folder to avoid interference from other maps. Install the patch that makes SMR aware of extra memory if you have more than 2GB - that makes a huge difference to smoothing gameplay. :D

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Sat May 08, 2010 4:30 am

Please note,that there is only one (1) RAR file to download.
It is located on my FTP site and it is also available at:
http://www.smrsimple.com/
Jancsika