Holidays_In_Ohio-ToyTrains

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
K-class

Re: Holidays_In_Ohio-ToyTrains CIC v2.0

Post by K-class » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 am

Hello CobraDriver
All run great except this 1 and Amerigonia when I have to go to the big port down in the southwest, then it too quits on me.
Move amy other map especially SMRI inc Amerigonia to any folder outside of SMR.

The map does not ctd if you jst have this one map only.

You prob have had SMRI installed or used a installer so SMR will be full of junk have a clean out.

Delete the folder under (backup elsewhere) c:\my docs \ Sid Meier's Railroads!

run SMR and it will put back a clean folder. Then copy lowell's map under map folder and try again.

Post you machine specs, driver vers and card so we can help. :D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Here is the Winterized dairy farm, sheep farm and mine. :D I could winterize some of the trains too if you would like. You could use the diff.dds file from the Chessie GP38-2 that is winterized too.
Attachments
dairyfarm_diff.zip
(297.77 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
coal_mine_diff.zip
(331.67 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
sheepfarm_diff.zip
(331.17 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
Chessie Snow.zip
(3.07 MiB) Downloaded 300 times
Last edited by Burlington_Northern_3140 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:14 pm

K-class wrote:You prob have had SMRI installed or used a installer so SMR will be full of junk have a clean out.
You have posted this several times and are very mistaken. Installers only do any or all of three things: Place the map in _SCENARIO_ or UserMaps, place any needed folders or FPK files in CustomAssets and/or edit XML files in the XML folder. They do not touch the main game and do not place files and folders anywhere else. The only place anything is placed is in the SMR folder area in My Games.

If a person follows the instructions for the two types of stand alone maps they will rename their existing SMR folder, or delete it, and by starting the game, create a new one. The renamed SMR folders can NOT effect what is in the new SMR folder. The game does not go searching for any files it can find in your system. If it did, a lot of us who write files would never be able to play. Please don't scare people away from running SMRI or Installer maps. I have had up to 6 or 7 SMR folders with various names and never had a problem. If someone is having CTDs after a time of playing, it is, as you also pointed out, memory, video card or video card drivers. I have a top end system, and until I went from 2Gb of memory to 4Gb, there were a few maps I could not play.

Security and various other programs running in the background is another possible problem. There is a program that has been mentioned several times for turning those of during play and turning them back on after play. If anyone knows of other programs of this type, please post them.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

K-class

Post by K-class » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:30 pm

Hey snoopy55 sorry your info is wrong please do not post your misinformation regarding installers and SMRI we have all moved on from those days and have some great new maps.

The issue is prob with the other map.

Correct advice as posted remove that folder.

***Edited ***

I have replied to the next post by snoopy55 in the chat forum as this has got off topic. http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... =31&t=2681
Last edited by K-class on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:23 pm

OK. I'll keep it cool and simple as I don't want to screw up Lowells map. As I understand you, all the people who are having problems downloading Installers of other maps are not trying to download those Installers? And everyone accessing this forum are only downloading the 10 or so maps that are stand alone? (I need to stop reading the posts at the end of maps without SAMs or CICs). And finally, please point out to me what files and 'junk' is being stuck where in the SMR game by Installers and SMRI.

I think I'm way ahead of you and many others as to what Installers do (Have you written any?? I have.) and Wwaaayyy ahead of all of you as to SAM and CIC as I and Tijer were the ones who created them.

Which maps and files have you written and how much exploratory work have you done on this game? Answer my questions and I'll reply. I guess until then I need to quit assisting in things on the forum, right?
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:51 am

I think the idea of "self contained" maps has been around for quite some time. I made my file set off of many older maps that were already in the forum. Utah and several others can be played as self contained maps right now (old version) and run fast and crash free. Many people have been saying the game has just eaten too much and needs a diet. Self contained maps allows map makers to make new game content and even larger game maps...and still let the game run faster/better. Karsten and several others can speak of the discovery process while beta testing several maps. So actually many were involved in the file construction...if it weren't for Dwax playing the map in TrainTable mode...and finding that self contained maps need a global rrt trains file for train table mode to work. So many factors went into this new "CIC" method. But mostly allot of guess work and crashes till it came out right...many crashes as a matter of fact :D , but I got over it and learned much. Now every map is made this way and it works 100% every time. I did not make up the term CIC either. The thought was this map style has no FPKs and cannot, all content must be placed inside the maps files uncompressed in a folder called Assets. So, CIC maps have a set of rules, mostly being the biggie of totally crash free as well. Snoopy deserves much credit for all the hard work and great ideas he has had for this forum and game...so I am sure I speak for everyone in saying Thank You very much for all you have done. Of course everyone appreciates everything you and others have done, the building blocks and your devotion to many projects and improvements are to be commended.

So CobraDriver weather it is a SAM or CIC map, they require that clean Sid's RailRoads! game folder. It is easy to rename the folder as snoopy has posted and I also have it written out on the main page on this maps thread. It is easy to switch back and forth between the clean RailRoads! folder and say a RailRoads! folder with smri and all your older maps. You can still have both, just remember the folder that has the Sid's RailRoads! name is the one the game will load from. As more of the SAM and CIC maps come out, you will have a place where you can place them and fire them up. No installers are needed for this map...just drop and play. Make sure you remove any FPKs you might have from say a SAM map out of custom assets...the game must be empty of extra content first. That's why in CIC maps, the assets for any map and all it's files, have to be "inside" the single map folder...nothing loose to forget about or loose later.

Now back to the program and getting back on track with what we are working on... :D
I like the CSX/B&O gp38, do you have any others we could throw in? Is there anything else this map needs while we are going to update the thing? I removed the elves from boosting in-city goods production...it was dumb and didn't work right. People still are needed for the lumber and coal mining. Visitors still shop and spend gold. Is the map missing anything?
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dwax

Post by dwax » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:54 am

You could put the BB_BR_GP73 and BB_BR_GP74 in to the map. :mrgreen:

And maybe the Milwaukee Road. :lol: I like lots of engines. :D

BB_BR_GP74
http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 015#p28015

BB_BR_GP73:
http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 014#p28014

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:49 am

I am thinking more of the Ohio road names. Plus this will give everyone some new additions to our list of road names. I have a couple images below if Burlington_Northern wants to do them it would free me up.
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:17 pm

Is that a Southern engine infront of Wheeling Lake Erie 2662? I like those WLE and Ohio Central engines but I think there needs to be some B&O power too. I think the map could use some tenders. What railroads used the 4-4-0s in Ohio? I will add some snow to the top of this B&O tender soon.
Attachments
4-4-0_tender_car_diff.zip
(55.88 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
Thomas
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:22 pm

I also have that signal you could try to use.
Attachments
Signal.zip
(19.17 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Signals0.png
Thomas

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Here is a Lumber mill too.
Attachments
lumber_mill_trans_diff.zip
(18.6 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
lumber_mill_roof_diff.zip
(51.74 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Lumber mill.png
Thomas

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:30 pm

I am glad you asked that...it is anouther paint sceme they had...it does look just like the Southern paint job. I think it would be cool to make this set. We could try the signal, I wounder if it will work correctly. I have also found there is five or six types of the game lighting
This map is getting much better for sure. I like the lumber mill.
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 pm

That red and yellow WLE looks alot like FEC 2000, http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 42&nseq=34, so I can get a FEC GP40 done too.
Thomas

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:09 pm

...okay...Ohio Central has a cool color sceme.
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dwax

Post by dwax » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:24 pm

They are some good looking engines! :D And Thomas makes some great engines! :mrgreen: