Holidays_In_Ohio-ToyTrains

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Star Ranger4

Re: Holidays_In_Ohio-ToyTrains CIC v2.0

Post by Star Ranger4 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Lowell wrote:Anyone still build and mod coaster3? I have several things going with that game as well. cool stuff...
If you mean Roller Coaster Tycoon 3... well, there's still a thriving community on the atari boards, though you probobly know that if your still modding for it. I keep intending to get back into that, but I keep getting distracted by self imposed deadlines for the TPB3D project instead.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:42 pm

Rodea2007 wrote:
Burlington_Northern_3140 wrote:
Rodea2007 wrote:The land on the map is in snow season, but I don't see snow in the trees... :roll: , this trees is for normal season, to make this map more reality could you change the trees with snow trees :?: :?: :?: that is posibbility.
I added white to the Pine_02 .dds and got a reasonable snow affect. It needs to be renaimed if you use it in a map or it will overwrite the original pine_02.
If you rename pine_02, you can't put that tree into game as cluter but only just as decoration. If did't rename this trees can be affect to all maps
I am not adding Decorations to any of my maps. Decorations don't work...they get wipped off of the map after the player makes a save and leaves the game, upon re-entering the game...all decorations are gone. That would mean when I return to finish playing my map...all the trees would be gone from the map. I have explained many times about decorations. I really don't want the trees with more white added to the map, I think they are fine as is...they break-up all the white areas.

Thanks for the thought though...

I meant to remove the billion dollar objective. It was overlooked.

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Some more eye candy ... 8)
Attachments
ScreenShot00746.jpg
ScreenShot00745.jpg

K-class

Post by K-class » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:47 am

Hello lowell

You have answered this but I have started to play this map again and I just cant see the white trianle as I have the settings on max and max resolution as I have a 22 inch montor.

Can or how does one colour the triangle please to black. :D
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

karsten

Post by karsten » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:40 pm

Its a white quadrangle, really. Tough to find and see in all that snow. I tend to move the map up and down a bit, and most of the time I then discover the quadrangle on the minimap and can turn it in the right direction. Would be nice if one could change its colour to black ... :D

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:45 am

Sorry Lowell.... :!:
I think you have to learn more deeper about clutter, because only need a few steps to adding snow effect for that trees. And very important to you know that trees is clutters not Decorations, please look at QuadCityLake in Winter Seasion Thread...... 8)
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

K-class

Post by K-class » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:20 am

Fantastic Rodea2007 I well never be able to see the white yes quadrangle now. (joke) :D :D :D I feel all christmas like now.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

K-class

Post by K-class » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:16 am

Lowell you map is like more christmas cheer with snow on the trees.
Attachments
lowell_Holidays_in_Ohio-ToyTrains.png
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Rodea2007 wrote:
Sorry Lowell.... :!:
I think you have to learn more deeper about clutter, because only need a few steps to adding snow effect for that trees. And very important to you know that trees is clutters not Decorations, please look at QuadCityLake in Winter Seasion Thread...... 8)
Yes I know about the clutter file. I have been trying to add new trees to the game's master list so I can use them in the editor. I tried placing trees on maps as decorations and they work, but the game will not save decorations and they get removed after a player saves, leaves the game...then returns to his/her save later...the decorations are gone. But that was a last resort as the new numbers placed in the clutter file wouldn't take by the game.

I see now that with these maps being CIC maps, I can temporally change the trees dds files from the default ones in-game...due to the time stamp thing. Then when the CIC map is swapped out for a new map, the tree files go back to default...so this will work fine now that all my maps will be CIC maps only. I have also started editing many of the games interface dds files as well to suite my map needs and changes, like new train track. BurlingtonNorthern made some nice changes to the track dds files, he just made a winter one I saw on your new map thread...I am going to add that to the holiday maps.

I had painted some trees before as well. But that was when these holiday maps were global file type maps. I forgot that in this CIC style, I can now change many items that I could not before.

So...short story long...there will be an update for this map set. I will get some snow on many of the default game industries buildings, trees and track. I am also going to add the effects like the water ripples for the cargo ship etc. I have added smoke to many of the buildings already so adding animation effects is easy stuff...they just need copy/pasted into the nif files for the models etc.

So this is a good thing, it shows me that I can even replace a game tree and reuse the game's number space...meaning I don't have to create a new clutter number after all...just alter one of the tree or clutter items.

I am beta testing the new files for Mud Skippers...but I will start squeezing in these fixs for this map and get the update out asap. If anyone would like to help test/complete Mud Skippers...send me an email with the maps name in the subject line...I'll send the link to the map files.

Thanks for the good work Rodea...you have been a valuable asset to everyone at this game forum...so I am sure I speak for everyone in saying thank you. :D

Say...I have looked through all of the interface files and haven't found where that quadrangle gets it's color and shape from...if you find it somewhere please let me know. I changed the arrows to red and they work great...I also see where I can change the load screens and game browsers and more...I just need to find that mini map quadrangle or whatever it is.

EDIT... I just did the bridge files. Looks like a big update on the way for this map.
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K-class

Post by K-class » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:23 am

Thanks lowell that looks awesome.

That quadrangle thing is hard to find might be in fpk etc. Thanks for looking and the update.
Thanks for the good work Rodea...you have been a valuable asset to everyone at this game forum...so I am sure I speak for everyone in saying thank you
second that.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:11 am

I just got the terminal building winterized. I'll get the station and depot next. BurlingtonNorthern is doing the city buildings and he did a good job on the factory building that I use for the distribution center building. So thanks to Rodea and BurlingtonNorthern this update is going much faster and should be done shortly. There are many of the US and Euro buildings... This is great we can do this now. Before with the global files it would be a mess, this makes things much easier...and my custom content won't bother other game maps and content.

The billion dollar objective has been removed. This map can have new Christmas music added to it, I had prep ed the files for it before we started winterizing everything. Is there anything else that change wise the map needs?

On the mini map area...I have already opened up all the games fpks and such. There are one or two items in the interface items that are named for the mini map, but those aren't it. It must be in with some other dds file for the game menus. There is two other files that may give the color for that thing. No image files so far in the game resemble that triangle shaped camera icon or viewing area icon or whatever you want to call it. So like all dds files it is squished/flattened in some long lost dds image file. I am sure one of us will stumble upon it soon. I did get the in-game menu arrows changed to green for this map...they were white and couldn't be seen as well.
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:39 am

I saw you're using Indonesia Flag in your terminal Lowell :?:..., but you can change that with US Flag The Star and Stripes, Use this picture below
Attachments
800px-Flag_of_the_United_States_svg.png
terminalusRev_flag.rar
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:59 am

...no...the flags are red and white striped flags. I changed the flags long ago. I wanted to make it red green gold striped, but the square dds file gets squished into a thin triangle...so the american flag or anything else would never look correct. Even the red and white stripe is tiny and hard to see but it colors them so that is good enough. However seeing as you have reminded me, I wanted to try my red green and gold stripe idea again. I need to make the stripes much wider this time, then they will show better.
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CobraDriver

Post by CobraDriver » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:13 am

This looks like a beautiful map, but I get about 15 minutes of play then the whole PC freezes up and I have to reboot.

File is in a "clean set-up" and all my maps are. All run great except this 1 and Amerigonia when I have to go to the big port down in the southwest, then it too quits on me.

Just thought I'd let u know

CD

BTW I'd like to 2nd that quadrangle issue, with so much white, you cant see it at all. Is it possible to make it black?

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:49 am

Interesting. I haven't had that trouble anywhere yet. So let's see, you have a clean usermaps and custom assets folder, the toy trains map folder is placed inside usermaps. When you first open-up the game the ohio holiday map is showing first. Before you click on to entering the map...scroll right or left a couple maps, then scroll back to the holiday map and then click to enter. Re-download the map files and see if something was messed up with the load. But when you replace the map folder, remember to scroll past the map then back...that forces the game to load "new" map files, as it will attempt to load your last loaded scenario files. This time stamp bit with this game is screwy. Please come back and let me know what's up. It should run fine for you. The other night I was playing and ole windows decided to remind me I needed to update my graphics drivers and ctd'd. After a visit to Nvidia it went away. :?:

All events and everything have been beta tested and more just to make sure of no crashes...it is a size 16, but if run in the game by itself as a stand alone map, it should run solid. You do need to have the Fireaxis game updates, but that is it...everything else is inside the map folder...no other FPKs can be in your game...not even the fireaxis santa fpk, all models are provided in the map folder, even the tender car models and files.

Below I have changed the colors on the flags to show more of the Christmas colors...the stripes stand out more now.
Last edited by Lowell on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.