Side to Side

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
atani

Post by atani » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 pm

snoopy55 wrote:Unless you or atani changed the Baker to Bakery, it should not have been there. I just installed the new one and it works.
The first version of the installer did this incorrectly... I have reuploaded a new version which fixes this.
snoopy55 wrote: atani - it added the 6 Names XMLs to the \CustomAssets\XML. Is there a reason for this?
Yes, this is part of the newest version of the installer macros. I am going to clean things up a bit more (again) for the next version of the macros to only copy the files over as they are needed...

Mike

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:52 pm

atani wrote:Yes, this is part of the newest version of the installer macros. I am going to clean things up a bit more (again) for the next version of the macros to only copy the files over as they are needed...
No problem, just curious.

You're doing a great job :D .

I hate you :evil:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Have any idea how I can fix thar red blob?? :shock: :D

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:11 pm

dwax - have you downloaded the newest set up, Setup_Side To Side_1.0b.zip :?:

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:13 pm

ya thats the one I have now with the picture. :(

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:27 pm

Anyone else getting the red blob?? If it's just me what could cause it? this is the only map that i have this blob. :( Have to stay away from the city or CTD.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:39 pm

what city is the red blob in?

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:11 pm

It's in Ovreton

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 pm

dwax - that's the Baker. If you changed it, change it back.

atani - I messed up and left out (cover your ears Slappy) Beer needed in the towns and above. Here's a correction. Also, is the Baker Industry corrected? dwax seems to have a problem with it.
Last edited by snoopy55 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:33 pm

Code: Select all

dwax - that's the Baker. If you changed it, change it back. 
I did change it back,I had no choice when I changed it to Bakery and started the map it crashed. So it's set at Baker.

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:47 am

snoopy55 wrote:vzbob and others - no error with Baker, don't change it. I used a different building as that Bakery may look good at the North Pole, but not here. There is an Industry called 'Baker' installed using the Refinery as a building. The flames are the burning of the plastic containers the jelly was shipped in.
The Cornmeal is made to go to the Baker. Jelly filled Corn Muffins...Yum Yum :wink:
I changed Baker to Bakery and that red blob Turned into a Factory, and ran with no problems afterwards Changed It back again and reb blob again and CTD.. As for the Cornmeal It Goes Nowhere I Un-installed the map and removed all associated files re-installed and reb blob was back again so changed it back to bakery to get the map to run

dwax

Post by dwax » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:51 am

Ok I tried to change the Baker to Bakery. Loaded the map and it never crashed. :shock: But the red blob was still there. If you look as coming right up to the town you can't hardly see it, you have to use ctrl and the arrows to move to see it. I started one game and the AI had that city as a start point, and the game would always crash.
Attachments
Bakery.JPG
Bakery.JPG (139.86 KiB) Viewed 9424 times

vzbob

Post by vzbob » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:22 am

vzbob wrote:
snoopy55 wrote:vzbob and others - no error with Baker, don't change it. I used a different building as that Bakery may look good at the North Pole, but not here. There is an Industry called 'Baker' installed using the Refinery as a building. The flames are the burning of the plastic containers the jelly was shipped in.
The Cornmeal is made to go to the Baker. Jelly filled Corn Muffins...Yum Yum :wink:
I changed Baker to Bakery and that red blob Turned into a Factory, and ran with no problems afterwards Changed It back again and reb blob again and CTD.. As for the Cornmeal It Goes Nowhere I Un-installed the map and removed all associated files re-installed and reb blob was back again so changed it back to bakery to get the map to run
Ok un-installed then re-installed again with the latest Setup_Side To Side_1.0b.zip for the 2nd time.
Red Blod has Gone cornmeal goes to Overton but now Jelly Don't go Overton where as before when i changed to Bakery it acepted the Jelly..
Weird Huh.....

atani

Post by atani » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:34 am

vzbob wrote: Ok un-installed then re-installed again with the latest Setup_Side To Side_1.0b.zip for the 2nd time.
Red Blod has Gone cornmeal goes to Overton but now Jelly Don't go Overton where as before when i changed to Bakery it acepted the Jelly..
Weird Huh.....
I just uploaded 1.0c which fixes this :)

I would suggest removing Baker (Bakery if it uses winery images) and Jelly Factory from RRT_Industries.xml and then install 1.0c which will recreate the proper Bakery and Jelly Factory images.

Mike

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:00 am

dwax - found the problem, your pic helped. You have to install SuperBowlExpress. That puts in the Cowhides and Tannery, which is what that is.

To All - looks like as we get more maps with custom made items, we are going to run into a problem with whether or not all needed items are there. I thought atanis program checked that (no offense meant, and maybe it does) We might need a list of maps to be installed just because they have new items. A newer mapper may see Taconite Ore and not realize he has to make a note of it. I stupidly assumed everyone had loaded all of the maps. Maybe a Sticky with a list of all maps that 'need' to be installed? The maps do not have to be kept on your system, only installed. Then delete them if you want to.

More research to be done.......