Super Bowl Express! Deliver goods to the Super Bowl.

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:29 am

Big Papa wrote:Martys55,
As long as you are having fun, we’re happy!

Big Papa
Well just to make sure you're not having to much fun I better ruin your day.... I-T D-O-E-S N-O-T W-O-R-k F-O-R M-E-!

atani

Post by atani » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:44 am

Big Papa wrote:Martys55,

As far as we know, no-one has completed all the objectives yet. Not us (the creators). Only one green check from gforce (great job Gforce! :wink: )
I have been able to get 3 of 5 with checks, usually its the food and beer that I miss :(

Unfortunately as I was getting to take the screenshot it retired me :(

I wish they would show how much you have completed of the objectives if the era has already passed...

Mike

Big Papa

Post by Big Papa » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:57 am

Warll, sorry you are not able to play. I will remind Choobacca to get the screens that snoop55 suggested. All we have is the official patches, Christmas scenario & tender mod (in that order)

atani, I waited till December 2006 showed up, then hit pause.

I suggested to Choobacca before release to maybe add a second set of objectives, same as the first but with the date pushed out 10 more years. That way we could see when we are meeting all the objectives.

Here’s my 3rd go:

Difficulty level – Investor
Routing Difficulty - Hard
Start Location – Atlanta

I thought this was a good start position.
Attachments
Atlanta-Start.jpg
Atlanta-Start.jpg (127.75 KiB) Viewed 9382 times

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:57 pm

Big Papa wrote:Warll, sorry you are not able to play. I will remind Choobacca to get the screens that snoop55 suggested. All we have is the official patches, Christmas scenario & tender mod (in that order)
Sorry about ruining your day. I have since got it running.

choobacca

Running SuperBowlExpress and ChicagoToTheRockies

Post by choobacca » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:21 pm

I have discovered a problem with having both the SuperBowlExpress map and the ChicagoToTheRockies maps in your _SCENARIOS_ directory. If you have both, you might not be able to load ChicagoToTheRockies without crashing. If this is the case for you, go to the ChicagoToTheRockies map topic and download the SuperBowlExpress and ChicagoToTheRockies updates.

Nothing has changed in the game except for the RRT_Goods.xml file that now contains all goods added from both maps. Evidently, the game doesn't load the local RRT_Goods, but finds the one from SuperBowlExpress and loads that one for ChicagoToTheRockies. Just something for people to keep in mind if they are inventing goods types, the RRT_Goods contains the superset of all goods from all maps to avoid this problem. I would imagine Trains and TrainCars work the same way, so just something to watch for.

Sorry about the confusion. We keep learning more about this modding interface.

choobacca
Last edited by choobacca on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gforce

Post by gforce » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:36 pm

Another try, 2nd.
Didn't make it either, while i was trying out surely another approach...
That's why i get also another result, a better one...

See the result...

The last 5-10 years i didn't changed so much anymore... just put the game in fast forward to see where i end up...

I wanted to play on and also tried to restart from my game 10 years back in time (with a saved game)

BUT then again... :(
It takes so long to lay down new tracks (about 30sec for just a little track-distance without any depots or stations passing. Imagine, how bad this game is programmed) Brings back again my hate feelings for all the people involved in programming and releasing the game) F* You all! :evil:
Who's waiting for a patch? Don't even hope this will be released or you will get even more depressed... It's for sure much easier to start from scratch, buy or program a new 3D engine then looking for a solution for this game... They surely gave more money to all the magazines to get still a not so bad review score of (not all) the magazines and merchandising the game then they put an effort into it... (i still love the graphics and animations alot)

:!: PS: I'm surely not talking about the people putting an effort in making mods and changes to the game to make it work. I love you...
keep up the good work!

gotta cool down a bit...
i think i'm gona cry... :cry:

ps2: for those making mods, i don't think you'll get all those problems solved.
It's not only the zoom feature and much more wich is hard-coded...
The random chrashes are very well hard-coded! (Sid-m-Vicious is a punk) :evil:

ps3: no crashes for me since autosave to off... guess, i still got some luck there...

:idea:
last remark: i will not post anymore those negative comments on a post of any mod. Those comments on sid-m, firaxis and 2k shouldn't be written down on those possitive moddeling news. :wink:
Attachments
SMRailroads - Miami SuperBowl-'STRESS'- 2nd try - 00001.jpg
SMRailroads - Miami SuperBowl-'STRESS'- 2nd try - 00001.jpg (68.37 KiB) Viewed 9355 times

bhendrix69882

here ya go

Post by bhendrix69882 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:58 pm

the map ran great with no crashes...only slow downs due to alot of trains running...thanks this was very challenging and took me 4 times to complete it...keep up the great work...one of these days when i get better at making trains cars and maps, i will return the favor and post a tough map.

Thanks,
BTrain
Attachments
2 years remainig
2 years remainig
football.JPG (98.16 KiB) Viewed 9339 times
dec 2006
dec 2006
football1.JPG (98.16 KiB) Viewed 9340 times
jan 2007
jan 2007
football2.JPG (85.38 KiB) Viewed 9339 times

atani

Re: here ya go

Post by atani » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:31 pm

bhendrix69882 wrote:the map ran great with no crashes...only slow downs due to alot of trains running...thanks this was very challenging and took me 4 times to complete it...keep up the great work...one of these days when i get better at making trains cars and maps, i will return the favor and post a tough map.
Very cool. Congrats on finishing it first!

I was about to complete 4 of 5 just a few mins ago and then the game CTD! I still had about 5 yrs left of the game too, I know I could have got the 5 objectives with that game if it did not CTD.

My first one on this map, which is so far generally pretty stable (most maps are)

Mike

choobacca

Post by choobacca » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:14 pm

atani wrote:
bhendrix69882 wrote:the map ran great with no crashes...only slow downs due to alot of trains running...thanks this was very challenging and took me 4 times to complete it...keep up the great work...one of these days when i get better at making trains cars and maps, i will return the favor and post a tough map.
Very cool. Congrats on finishing it first!

I was about to complete 4 of 5 just a few mins ago and then the game CTD! I still had about 5 yrs left of the game too, I know I could have got the 5 objectives with that game if it did not CTD.

My first one on this map, which is so far generally pretty stable (most maps are)

Mike
Wow, good job you guys. You give hope to the rest of us.
I save the game every 5-10 minutes or so on any map I play. Especially if I am doing well. I have only completed 3 objectives so far, and I created the map!

atani

Post by atani » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 pm

choobacca wrote: Wow, good job you guys. You give hope to the rest of us.
I save the game every 5-10 minutes or so on any map I play. Especially if I am doing well. I have only completed 3 objectives so far, and I created the map!
I got lucky and found one of those auto-save games from a few years earlier. Unfortunately though, i did not get but two of 5 objectives (food and beer) before time ran out, I did get passengers to a very near finish for this save game (195 of 200 or there abouts for both) and footballs was around 180 of 200.

I think having about 5 years or 10 years longer would be perfect since a lot of people are having problems completing the very aggressive objectives (I like it!)

Mike

drsnooker

Post by drsnooker » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:57 pm

Seconds away from finishing with three years remaining
Attachments
superbowl.JPG
superbowl.JPG (123.13 KiB) Viewed 9315 times

Big Papa

Post by Big Papa » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Great job to bhendrix69882! You are the Head Engineer 8) And with time to spare! You too drsnooker!

I was soooooooo close this time.
Started in Philadelphia; same setting as before

I just got my footballs in, but short on the beer. I did use the pause button quite a bit to lay track :roll:

<edit>
Thought I would re-add add a train screen :D and Miami shot :!:
Attachments
Phil-Start-3.jpg
Phil-Start-3.jpg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 9230 times
Phil-Start-2.jpg
Phil-Start-2.jpg (202.74 KiB) Viewed 9231 times
Phil-Start-1.jpg
Phil-Start-1.jpg (124.71 KiB) Viewed 9301 times
Last edited by Big Papa on Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Warll

Post by Warll » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:11 pm

Well guess theres no point in me even trying now. Go make another challenge map!

bhendrix69882

Don't Worry

Post by bhendrix69882 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:11 am

Go ahead practice on this map...the map i'm making will not be as graphic as this one because i can't edit or draw out a map. the map im making will be simple but have a very tough and long scenario. I don't think i can even complete it when its done. I just wished that the map could be drawn out better but oh well its all about the loads and demands, right.

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:17 am

Hey, considering that this one was done by two people, why not ask if the Mapper on this one or someone else would be willing to do it. I kinda got the same problem, I spent 35 minutes on a map I was working on when my computer locked up. Not the games fault, mine. I tried to shut down two of my monitors and the computer tried to put all three on the center one. Ouch :!:
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....