4 Rivers Conversion

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Gackbeard

Post by Gackbeard » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:12 am

Well, I don't blame people, a lot of people *wanted* the game to be RRT4. And when we started prototyping, the codebase was called RRTycoon, because, that's really all we had as a frame of reference.

But since I'm the guy who coined the name, I can tell you emphatically that this game hasn't ever been RRT4, either in name, or in spirit. We always wanted this game to be a new take on the genre, and that's what we feel we have created. I can certainly understand people who wanted to see RRT4 feeling upset, but at the same time, I don't think it's realistic to expect the marketing people to create ads that start off by explicitly stating what the game is *not*... :wink:

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:19 am

Yup, if anything, it is RRT2 simply because Sid/Firaxis was never involved in RRT2 and 3. This is only the second trains&railroads game to come from Sid Meier's hand.

Firaxis has taken towards a more arcade-ish style of gameplay: fast paced, easy to learn (simplified), fun over realism. You either love it, or hate it, but that's the way it is. Comparing Railroads! to RRT2/3 therefor is a bit of a non-issue for me. Judge the game on its own merits.

That does not mean however, that Railroads! has some features and design decisions that could have been done differently and still would have fitted the game perfectly or complemented it if done as a selectable option. A lot of these things are asked for by many people in the Gamespot & GameFAQs forums, as well as here. So hopefully Firaxis will have some time to see if one or more of these can be put into the game. :)

atani

Post by atani » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:58 pm

installer attached for this map.
Attachments
Setup_MPNW_1.0.zip
extract and run setup to install this map.
(152.31 KiB) Downloaded 643 times

Tazz

Re: 4 Rivers Conversion

Post by Tazz » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:10 am

Added working map, Installer and SAM version to first post.