EastCoast SAM map

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
Jancsika

EastCoast SAM map

Post by Jancsika » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 am

How to install and use SAM (Stand Alone Maps)

1) Go into C:\Documents and Settings\(your computers name)\My Documents\My Games and rename the Sid Meier's Railroads! folder you presently have, adding an ending to it, whatever you want. ("SidMeier's Railroads - Old" will do just fine)

2) Start the game. When it gets to the main menu, exit. This will create a brand new, empty Sid Meier's Railroads! folder.

3) Go into the Sid Meier's Railroads! folder you renamed and copy the 'Settings.ini' file into the newly created Sid Meier's Railroads! folder. You now have the basis for all future SAM and CIC maps.This is not mandatory, but your old "Settings.ini" file has all the customization that you made to the game. (Clouds, graphics setting, Newspaper etc.)

4) Open the Sid Meier's Railroads! folder, then open the UserMaps folder.

5) Open the Zip file of the map you wish to play and extract the map folder, to the UserMaps folder. Please note that there are NO FPK files with this map!

6) Close all folders and play the map

Jancsika

As I've indicated this is a SAM (Stand Alone Map). It has all the resources and industries that Firaxis included in the original game. There are 18 in city industries and 12 on site resources.
Since all are basic Firaxis items there is NO FPK file. I tried to keep it small and easy.
The map itself is 14 X 14.
It has extensive scenario requirements for the single player, but it is suitable for multi player game. Three player would be ideal.
There are no Passengers and some of the resources will need workers imported from the cities.
The cities will not produce workers automatically; you have to import some stuff to make workers.
I have played it feel like a million times. There should not be any CTD problem.
There are some errors in the Scenario.
A corrected version is posted here and in the“SAM for Everybody MAPS” thread

Second correction was made Dec.23,2009

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3389&p=39150#p39150

attachment=3]map_EastCoast_thumbnail.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
EastCoast-Fixed_23_12_09.rar
435+
(539.76 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
EastCoast Multiplayer Random Industry.zip
(590.48 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
map_EastCoast_thumbnail.jpg
Last edited by Jancsika on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jancsika

Re: EastCoast SAM map

Post by Jancsika » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:25 pm

I have added some multiplayer versions to this map.(See the first post!)
Since there are no FPK files it is a very simple installation.
:lol: I figured that those poor on-line players need a little more challenge in their lives. :lol: They must be sick and tired to play the same stock Firaxis map.
This is a little different, so one has to use his little gray braincells. :mrgreen:
Jancsika

CraZySteve

Post by CraZySteve » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:25 am

Hi Jancsika,

I am playing this map, I believe the fixed industry version. I stared out in 1931. There is one object that seems impossible to complete. It is the one where you have to deliver 50 Medicine FROM Toronto, well Toronto doesn't produce medicine...

Any help?
-Steve

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:09 pm

You are absolutely correct. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Toronto supposed to receive medicine.A corrected and final version is posted in the “SAM for Everybody MAPS” thread

http://www.hookedgamers.com/forums/view ... 150#p39150

:oops: Jancsika :oops:

ZanzerTem

Post by ZanzerTem » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Hello,

I downloaded the "fixed" version from the "SAM's for everybody" thread and found the same issue that is listed above; there is an impossible mission requirement to ship medicine from Toronto.

Also, it seems the Textiles to Workers and Manufacturing Goods to Workers resource chain is not functioning properly. I tried to ship Manu Goods to Philly from the city below Cairo (the one that there is a mission requirement for, can't remember the name) and no workers were produced in Philly. Also, I tried to ship Textiles to many different cities and no workers were produced as well.

Lastly, the "Grow Chicago and New York to Metro's" mission was completed immediately after linking them up. Neither were anywhere close to Metro level when the mission was complete.

EDIT: Aside from that, it's a great map. The initial set of missions was challenging to me and I failed several tries until I got it down. It's my personal opinion but I wish the second set of objectives were something more interesting then "ship X # of goods to Y City" but hey I'm just nitpicking. All and all an excellent map that was a great play and took a good amount of time to complete :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Thanks!! :oops:
Apparently I got confused. There are quite a few variations on my machine and got the wrong one uploaded. :oops:
I will correct it in a few days.
Right now I am starting to migrate to Windows 7......... :mrgreen:
.........then this will be my next project.
Jancsika