Holidays_In_Ohio-ToyTrains

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
TheOddOne

Re: Holidays_In_Ohio-ToyTrains CIC v2.0

Post by TheOddOne » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:23 pm

I can play any of the original maps I want still, yes

As for the Map I am trying to load I can not find it at all

Just so you know I did have to make my own UserMaps folder, I do not know if that is what is wrong, but that is what I have had to do...

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:04 pm

I have a CD version, and I do not have to make my own UserMaps.

Unzip and load the attached folder into 'C:\Documents and Settings\Red Baron\My Documents\My Games'. The map Africa Challenge should come up to the left of the opening map.
Attachments
Sid Meier's Railroads!.zip
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 323 times
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

TheOddOne

Post by TheOddOne » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:54 pm

I did as told and still nothing has changed... I can not load that map and I can still play the original maps... maybe this is just a lost cause? lol

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:06 pm

You need to be a bit more definitive here...you say you cannot 'load' that map? From this I take it that you have found it now, but when you select it, it won't load......

As to loading any other maps, once you have a SAM or CIC in there, you cannot load any original maps. The structure of the SAM or CIC prevents it.

Also, post the specs of your system. That has been found to be a problem in the past.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

TheOddOne

Post by TheOddOne » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:05 pm

I have found the issue and what it is, I am not a fan of having to CD swap when I want to play a game, so I get the No-CD crack, I decided to give it a shot with the CD in and it works, I thank you for all your trouble.

Rodea2007

Post by Rodea2007 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:03 am

TheOddOne wrote:I have found the issue and what it is, I am not a fan of having to CD swap when I want to play a game, so I get the No-CD crack, I decided to give it a shot with the CD in and it works, I thank you for all your trouble.
I guess you need a map with installer, and if you wish you can try my map West Sumatera Map, that map have installer, just click installer icon you got the map in your SMR directory........ :lol:
Rodea2007 ( http://rodea2007.yolasite.com )
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/rodea2007
Note Book TOSHIBA SATELLITE L645
Processor Inter Core I-3
Memory 8 GB
Harddisk 320 GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:44 pm

The game has to have a clean install first. Then there is no FPK for my maps. Only one single file folder…that gets placed inside the UserMaps folder. If when you reinstall the game...and...there is no UserMaps folder you may make a new file folder called usermaps, then place the map inside that. The game should make a usermaps folder though. Located in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!

Holidays_In_Ohio still is a global map file. I have the CIC version almost complete, as it has different settings and such. This ToyTrains version is a CIC map and you must remove that FPK from the Custom Assets folder if you have the other version. Sorry, I have been out of town. Let me know if you are still having trouble.

Snoopy I know you are only trying to help, but don't you think it rude to post your maps and stuff on my thread. The questions were towards me, I don't need your kind of help on my threads thank you very much. :evil:

Rodea please don't advertise your maps on my map thread. Maybe I would like to help this player play my map please as they have asked.

Is that too much to ask around here people.Hijacking someone's thread is not nice.

EDIT// I should mention that there are two holiday maps made. Holidays In Ohio and Holidays In Ohio-ToyTrains. The toy trains scenario has harder settings and two more new industries to deal with and a second port.
Holidays In Ohio-ToyTrains is a single file map. The Holidays In Ohio version has not been changed on the map thread to a CIC map yet. You need to make sure you have only the ToyTrains map folder, then place that in UserMaps. There should be no issues with the ToyTrains version, it should play just fine.
Please look over what Karsten has posted, the screen shots should show you what the files should look like. If you still are having troubles, please come back and let me know...thanks.

I guess I missed your last sentence where you got it fixed. Don't use CD cracks, it only messes up what game you are playing...as you have seen.

Oh...Rodea, he said he got it fixed...an installer for a single file folder is just not needed.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:45 am

NS Dash 9-40CW is finnished and might be helpfull on this map.
Attachments
NSD9-40CW1.zip
(754.36 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
NSD940CW.png
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:12 am

That looks great! I should get everything typed in place this week...

Now all I need is for those Hijackers of this thread, to Remove their Attached Map files from a different project from my own. I will PM Tazz about this type issue...I want those links removed from my thread please...like...now.

This would be a serious offence on other forums. If I post comments for help on other people's maps, I compliment the map of that person and try to help those play that map makers map...I don't take time to attach my maps download files and tell people to stop in the middle of figuring out someone's map troubles...I try to help...not destroy/ditz other people's projects.

I would have much more completed and more of my maps out there if there wasn't this type behaviour out there...and it seems like it just won't quit...no matter what we try to do nicely. It's what has kept me back.

TheOddOne

Post by TheOddOne » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:35 pm

ok... so is there a link that you can give me that will point me to all the maps you have created? I would appreciate that, I have worked my way through most of the maps I have and would like more. Also is there a really good but complicated map for multi-player on anybody's Forums? I tend to play the game with my brother a lot and we can't seem to find a difficult but not impossible multi-person maps... we found a map ment for 1 player but it was way too fricken hard for more then 1 person, as it should be, lol, anyways I would really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

TheOddOne

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:51 pm

Sorry for the late reply...I have been away for a couple weeks.
As to a complete list, I need to add myself to the Wiki list of maps. I was waiting till I got through with the last of the updates for these maps first. As to multiplayer maps, I haven't made any as of yet, however I am planning on making a couple.

dwax

Post by dwax » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:42 pm

How far away are you from the new version on this map? Are you going to put the Milwaukee Road as duals in it? :D

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:51 pm

Most likely, just some of the roads that run in Ohio. I have been away for a couple weeks on a break. I should get started on this ToyTrains version update and complete converting the smaller/easier holidays in ohio map this week.

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:02 pm

I can't wait to run this map! I like the Idea of a map using snow.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

dwax

Post by dwax » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:11 pm

Wish you had updated this for the Holidays. :cry: