Island Chain

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
ZanzerTem

Post by ZanzerTem » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Coding stuff is easy. At least the scenario XML is, I havent messed around with any of the others (and dont plan to).

If you have a map and some historical references I'd be glad to some up with something.

The Island chain map was looslely based off of Hawaii's history, with the attack on Pearl Harbor and Hawaii's focus on tourism.

I know its not perfect, such as being about to connect a railroad halfway across the pacific, and being about to complete the pearl harbor mission before it even occurs. It was the best I could do with the map only having two Era's and its not may map, so I wanted to modify it as little as possible.

So, give me some references and I'll come up with some scenarios for some maps.

Slappy Da Clown

scenarios

Post by Slappy Da Clown » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:10 pm

Slappy Da Clown
Dell Dimension 8400
Disk C: 118 GB Available, 145 GB Total
3GB Memory
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU

vancouverexpress

Post by vancouverexpress » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:36 am

Hey ZanzerTem,
Just wanted you to know that I finished your scenario finally - took two tries and a couple weeks as I was mostly playing online. It's a great scenario - lots of tasks that were challenging - used mogul-medium - just finished the first tasks with two months to spare, and then the second tasks with 3 years to spare, so I'd say the difficulty is about right. Money wasn't a problem, but getting the cities big enough to accept textiles before the due dates was the hardest part. I hope you do some others. Thanks.

dwax

Post by dwax » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:34 pm

Weired things happing! :shock: I had three trains in one spot making a loop. Then they would fall of the track and start all over. They were way off route and the only way I could stop them was to delete them. If I tried to lay a track to get them right the game gave me a fatal error and would crash. Was funny watching them fall of the track tho. :lol: :lol:
Attachments
off_track.jpg
off_track.jpg (181.8 KiB) Viewed 7850 times

K-class

Post by K-class » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:47 pm

I have seen this in a few maps and I think its a SMR issue not the map.

Its got to do with the track layout and a not very smart SMR as if you start laying more track and make it all interconnected I see some trains that where going from point a to point b suddendly go on a merry go round the whole track, start going forward a small bit disappear / reapear or just get lost heading up a branch line.

Even trains in mid air.

All you can do is delete the train and set it up again. I get some of my tracks so messed up I just start the game again. Prob becuse I try to get the train to pickup and drop off in so many places instead of just going point a to point b.

Or restart SMR to refresh your memory etc.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 3.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
XFX NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Mobo
4GB DR2-1066 (PC-8500)
Geforce GTX 460 graphics card 1024 MB GDDR5

D.A

Need GP-7

Post by D.A » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:18 pm

Can someone point me to the required GP-7 for this map please.

Regards
D.A

Warll

Post by Warll » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:20 pm

D.A

Post by D.A » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:09 pm

Thanks for that WarII, I would never have found that.

Regards
D.A

Bunit

Re: Island Chain

Post by Bunit » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:52 am

Choo-Choo wrote:This is a map i made using hawaii as my base. The island shapes are basically correct, but as i couldnt fit them all i used most of them but did use all the correct cities and names pertaining to the islands.

It is still a work in progress but shouldn't have any problems atm. I have been testing and playing with a friend in single and multi play. There isnt any scenario atm other than buy out the opponent. But i need a bigger audience to get some opinions for improvement. Enjoy.
Love this one reminds me of my old home before we moved.

Will it ever be finished I see its a work in progress

dustmote

Re:

Post by dustmote » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:16 pm

K-class wrote:I have seen this in a few maps and I think its a SMR issue not the map.

Its got to do with the track layout and a not very smart SMR as if you start laying more track and make it all interconnected I see some trains that where going from point a to point b suddendly go on a merry go round the whole track, start going forward a small bit disappear / reapear or just get lost heading up a branch line.

Even trains in mid air.

All you can do is delete the train and set it up again. I get some of my tracks so messed up I just start the game again. Prob becuse I try to get the train to pickup and drop off in so many places instead of just going point a to point b.
This is the wonders of creating a 'Loop'. If you have two ways to get from point A to point B then the train goes on a site seeing tour. The trouble is trying to delete the section of track that closed the loop.

Deleting the train doesn't always help. I was playing on Jancsika's Maryland and put in a leg (without thinking) from Gettysburg to Baltimore. It messes up all the trains, not just those with a loop destination.

Hope this helps.

Dustmote
Dustmote
The Three Rings of Marriage
Engagement Ring
Wedding Ring
Suffer Ring