The American Transcontinental Railroad- Version 1.2a Final

Develop, collaborate, test and share new maps
mojos

Post by mojos » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:39 am

Thanks for updating the scenario, Stormfather. It really is an awesome scenario, and fun even when randomizing landscape and city placement. (Although all custom scenarios seem to lump all the cities together in the center when you randomize locations.) I hope you find time to make even more scenarios or expand on this one (how about an entire north america complete with cities in Canada and Mexico!) :D

martys55

Post by martys55 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:16 am

Thank you for the updated map. I finished all the objectives with 13 years to spare and the train routing on hardest. This was a fun map to play and I'll do it again with less starting money next time.

I finally had enough of the jumpy graphics towards the end of the game so I upgraded my video card. I went from a Geforce 5900 to a Geforce 7600. All I can say is "wow," what a difference. The 5900 struggled with all the settings set to low or off. The 7600 worked well with everything set to the max, but I turned down a few things because I couldn't see much of a difference between medium and high settings. This game does look awesome.

I was gonna hold out and upgrade my system all at once, but I'm gonna hold off until Christmas or later and squeeze every bit of juice out of the old Athlon XP 2600. I have 1 gig of ram and may pop another gig in soon to see if that will help a little.

Thanks again for the great work on this and all the maps.

Marty

stormfather

Post by stormfather » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 am

As stated previously, version 1.01 is out and is linked in the first post. 1.01 covered a lot of XML related updates, and the upcoming 1.02 will mainly deal with geographical issues, including:
- A more accurate geographic depiction of Canada, including some cities
- A more accurate geographic depiction of Mexico, including some cities
- Deeper rivers, to prevent them from getting filled in by nearby rails
- At least one Canada-related victory condition
- At least one Mexico-related victory condition

I hope to have it out a week from now.

On a side note, would anyone be able to reskin a BoBoBo Re Class 6/6 into a AEM-7? Even if it just meant deleting the side windows, it would really be appreciated. There aren't any 'modern' American locomotives in the game, such as the AEM-7, the F40PH, or the GE Genesis series.

1/9AirCav

Post by 1/9AirCav » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Oh man, I gotta dl this. :D

DRGW K36

Dumb Question...

Post by DRGW K36 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:29 pm

Hey guys... this is probably a stupid question haha, but how do I install the map when I download the file (.rar)?

Thanks in advance...

D&RGW K-36

dwax

Post by dwax » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:20 pm

Great! Can you add Sioux Falls South Dakota?? It's big on cattle and meat processing. But most, then I can lay track to my home. :) Image Image

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:29 pm

DRGW K36 - find the program 7-ZIP on the internet. Works great.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

DRGW K36

Thanks!

Post by DRGW K36 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:52 pm

Thanks Snoopy, worked great!

When I play this route, the mod tenders don't show...anyone know why this is happening? How to fix it?

Thanks guys, and great map!

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:00 am

DRGW K36 - you must have the NewTenders.FPK file in the 'My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\CustomAssets' folder. Stormfather has them in his RRT_TrainCars XML, so either you don't have that FPK file or it's in the wrong place. Go to 'Railroads! Technical Issues' and into 'Global XML Instructions' and download the choobaccaPak.zip. The instructions will tell you how to install it.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

dwax

Post by dwax » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:46 am

stormfather
On a side note, would anyone be able to reskin a BoBoBo Re Class 6/6 into a AEM-7? Even if it just meant deleting the side windows, it would really be appreciated. There aren't any 'modern' American locomotives in the game, such as the AEM-7, the F40PH, or the GE Genesis series.
if OzoB was around he could do it pretty fast. :) But I haven't seen him for awhile, hope he is ok. :(

gforce

Post by gforce » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:33 pm

stormfather,
maybe this interresses you!
you are using the hospital as a military basis.
In fact you're using the whole building for this by redefining input output etc
but it could be maybe bettter to not overwrite this building and just create a new one (military basis building) for that.
in that way you will also be able to use those 2 buidings in 1 scenario, war means always cassualties so a hospital could be usefull :)
have a look a the screenshot,
if more info is needed, just ask, i could summarise the way how to do this easily, without using a 3D model program, just nifskope, hexeditor, photoshop and xml code....
have a look at this post, to get you started...
Tutorial: Creating a texture for a model (basic level) (in mods talk) :wink:
Attachments
easily done, and easy to see the difference between a fe military basis and a real hospital
easily done, and easy to see the difference between a fe military basis and a real hospital
Hospital plus another building.jpg (93.23 KiB) Viewed 9486 times

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:54 pm

gforce, so you have done it. 8) Congratulations! Your tutorial would be very welcome.

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:17 pm

CeeBee51 wrote:I think the speed condition in Railroads is busted. Not only in this map but others. :)
The game checks for km/h and mph. So it is quite possible it gets the results mixed up in the localized versions.

gforce

Post by gforce » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:25 pm

karsten
in meanwhile, i've got to study right now (tomorrow exams, so no sleep and tomorrow brain-dead)
check out those 2 posts:
indutries:
http://hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1364
traincars:
http://hookedforums.com/a/viewtopic.php?t=1337

have fun :wink:

karsten

Post by karsten » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:59 pm

He, he, that´s a good railroader, getting your priorities right. Good luck with your exams! :P