Railroads v1.100 Patch Changelog

Got some news? Post it here.
Gackbeard

Railroads v1.100 Patch Changelog

Post by Gackbeard » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:30 pm

The final version of patch 2 is going to be released to QA today, and I expect us to sign off on it before Christmas. As I mentioned in the past, this patch was primarily a feature patch with particular focus on fixing up the terrain editor we used to make the in-game maps with. There are some other fixes, and a couple of features modders and fans have asked for implemented as well.

Note that the terrain editor is and will remain considered "beta" and unsupported -- we've done our best to make it as stable and user-friendly as possible, but there are limits to what we can accomplish with the time and resources we have to work with right now, so we felt it would be best to release what we have now, (minor) warts and all, and let the community sink their teeth into it, rather than wait for some future date when we'd made it "perfect". As a result, you will need to add the line "EditorEnabled = 1" to your settings.ini after you apply the new patch, to enable the terrain editor. This also prevents casual users from "accidentally" wandering into the editor and causing havok.

I'm also going to be working on getting a tutorial for the terrain editor for published early next year. Again, we thought it best to release the editor now rather than wait for said tutorial, hope you agree. If you have questions on how to use the editor, just ask. Myself or any of the (currently very secretive) members of the beta team can probably answer them.

Without further ado, here's the patch list. It's smaller by far than patch 1, primarily because most of the bullet pointed items are new features that took a great deal of time to implement.

Code: Select all

Sid Meier's Railroads! Changelog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
||		v 1.100 (61333) 	||		20-Dec-2006		||
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* AI - AI now takes industry potential into consideration when making route decisions.
* AI - Changed AI's criteria for building new trains (now uses individual goods rather than depots)
* Functionality - Added new option "Use All Trains", which allows the use of all trains in the game, when in TT mode.
* Functionality - Added the ability to manipulate the camera freely when paused.  To do this, pause the game and press "CTRL+F".  In this mode, cursor keys move the camera and the camera can be rotated by holding the left mouse button and moving the mouse.
* Functionality - Cities can now accept raw materials directly from resources properly.
* Functionality - Clouds can now be disabled in the options screen.
* Functionality - Enabled terrain editor.  To enable the terrain editor, you must add "EditorEnabled = 1" to your settings.INI.
* Functionality - Enabled larger size maps.
* Functionality - Exposed scenario timescale in scenario XML.  If "iTurnsPerMonth" is found in the Scenario XML, it will override the default scale of 16 turns per month (every 4 seconds).  If the timescale is greater than 60 (a new month every 15 seconds), the date display will also display the current day of the month.
* Functionality - Fixed rerouting cash exploit.
* Functionality - Made track selection easier. (track now takes precedence over depots)
* Functionality - Terminals can now accommodate up to four tracks connected to them.
* Graphics - Parallel tunnel tracks now draw correctly (no longer overlap)
* Graphics - Tracks connected to depots/stations/terminals draw with special graphics to distinguish them from "normal" tracks.
* Interface - Added new city routing icons and chevrons to show which stops on your route map accept the goods in your current consist.
* Interface - Auction window repositioned so it no longer obscures scores on larger resolutions.
* Localization - Misc. localization fixes.
* Multiplayer - XFire support added.

unbowed

Post by unbowed » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:16 pm

There are some really significant changes here. Great job! I'm looking forward to this very much.

silverjim

Thanks

Post by silverjim » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:49 am

I appreciate the added functionality in the new 1.1 patch. Thanks, Gackbeard & Firaxis. Your extra effort, after the game is sold, is notable in these days of game companies pushing out a product and then seeming to abandon all thoughts of patches and extra features.

-silverjim-

eilelwen

Post by eilelwen » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:17 am

wow, this is a nice patch/feature update :) Way to go guys :)

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:01 am

Really sounds great! :D What is the chance of simeone with dual monitors putting the parts that overlap the maps onto the second screen?? I think I can safely say that most (or alot of) people out there have Dual output video cards and a second monitor could be a cheap one if need be.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

TheProgrammingGuy

Post by TheProgrammingGuy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:07 pm

Wow, you guys really listened to the community, great job! Keep up the good work, and keep up the support! :D

All trains, terrain editor, larger maps, timescale editable, 4 track terminals, plus a bunch of other stuff? Merry Christmas, indeed! Lets just hope it gets here in time!

Bleser

Post by Bleser » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:27 pm

Fantastic! :D

One of my favorites is the graphics fix of double-tracked tunnels. Yea! I just hope that double-tracked bridges get fixed in the future as well.

Four-track terminals will make planning much easier.

The new time scale will be very welcomed. I won't modify it too much, but the ability to choose is just what I wanted.

Larger maps - perfect. But I'm guessing this applies to only new, custom maps, and not the included ones. :?:

We'll just have to see about the track-selection improvement.

I can't wait!

davion76

Post by davion76 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:55 pm

Wow!!! This is a really great update! It really restores alot of my previous confidence in Firaxis. I love the new ability to have larger maps and new timescale. Still have some needed improvements, but GREAT WORK so far!

Davion76

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:01 am

I like the Idea of the Editor along with the Xmas map. Now Alaska and northern countries can be done in the winter. Anyone up for creating a snowplow?????
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

gczobel

Post by gczobel » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:09 pm

Excelent news!
How large will be the maps?

recca421

Post by recca421 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:33 am

Awesome list of changes/fixes. This might actually drag me back from playing Trainz for a bit, although driving a nice long coal or passenger run can be a great way to relax after a hard night at work.

The "use all trains" and Free Camera modes are going to be especially refreshing!

Now if only we could ride the trains :lol:

Wingo

But will it run?

Post by Wingo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:37 pm

I sicerely do hope there are some hidden patches that will let it run more than an hour or so without freezing. I may be a minority here but I still can't play for too long without either a CTD or simply being locked up.

Curiously enough, I'm having so much fun with it I've been tolerating the crashes and taking advantage of the autosaves to keep on trucking.

DELL XPS 600
NVIDEA GeForce 7800 GTX (256)
Dual Monitors in play

Bleser

Re: But will it run?

Post by Bleser » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Wingo wrote:I sicerely do hope there are some hidden patches that will let it run more than an hour or so without freezing. I may be a minority here but I still can't play for too long without either a CTD or simply being locked up.

Curiously enough, I'm having so much fun with it I've been tolerating the crashes and taking advantage of the autosaves to keep on trucking.

DELL XPS 600
NVIDEA GeForce 7800 GTX (256)
Dual Monitors in play
I only expierienced lock-ups when I was overclocking my video card. Are you doing this as well? Also be sure you're using the latest video card drivers. If all else fails, back up your data and try a clean intall of your OS.

Without the overclocking the game has never frozen or CTD once.

PaF-Daddy

Post by PaF-Daddy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:08 pm

Maybe a reason for a stupid answer but When will the Patch arrive?

Coz the patchlog says 20 th december 2006. But i dont found the patch anywhere yet.

Kindest regards

PaF Daddy

leo

Post by leo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:49 pm

When will the Patch arrive?
I think they are hoping by the end of the week but it is out of their hands, it is up to the QA department.