For anyone who likes Railroads! still,(I know I do!)

Got some news? Post it here.
Modeltrainman

For anyone who likes Railroads! still,(I know I do!)

Post by Modeltrainman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Yesterday I emailed Elizabeth Tobey of 2KGames informing her of all the bug report lists and wishlists for Railroads!(including here,)that I could find, maybe something will happen for Railroads! now.

Modeltrainman

Re: For anyone who likes Railroads! still,(I know I do!)

Post by Modeltrainman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:00 am

No one cares, I guess.

lednard

Post by lednard » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:43 pm

I don't think it's the fact that nobody cares. I'm certain many people still like the game. The point is writing to 2kgames about fixing railroads will likely be an act of futility.

Regards

Burlington_Northern_3140

Post by Burlington_Northern_3140 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:01 pm

No, we care. We just haven't thought of a reply worth typing. It's fine to ask, but I don't think it will work out. Still worth trying though. We are happy with it as it is, if it doesn't get fixed.
Thomas
THANK YOU FOR BRINGING US RULES FORUM MODERATORS!
Whoops! I need to stop that drooling over everyones mods. Where are the paper towels?

http://www.homescda.com/

Greybriar

Post by Greybriar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:18 pm

I have to agree with lednard. Unless 2K sees some benefit (namely a profitable one) in allocating time and money to fix Railroads! there isn't much chance of a patch.

For example, look how long it took them to release a patch for Civilization IV: Colonization. And when a patch finally did appear, it was mostly as a result of the work of a fan named Dale.

In the meantime, I think we are fortunate to have some capable modders right here on these forums. I know they have made Railroads! far more enjoyable for me than it would have been without their efforts.

Star Ranger4

Post by Star Ranger4 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Lednard and Greybriar have pretty much summed it up for myself as well.

jayo

Post by jayo » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Yeah, they did! Also, if you had Railroad Tycoon 3, you may remember after its v1.03 patch was released, it seemed like forever until we got the next update! My advice is to keep fighting for SMR! The RR Tycoon series is in Sid's hands now, and if we don't get another SMR update, I'm sure we'll eventually get something for our interest in the RR Tycoon series.

In the meantime, let's be happy with what we have for the game so far. With the v1.1 patch and the Holiday scenario, they've given most of what was promised in the game. It is still a little lacking, but with the improved train table mode, I'm content!

Jancsika

Post by Jancsika » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:45 am

and the Holiday scenario,
Be careful with the Holiday Scenario.
It has a conflict with all the custom maps.
If you want to play SAM or CIC maps, be sure that you remove it.
There is a revised version of it, done by some of our modders that will work.
I think you can find it on in the Wiki-s.
(This Wiki is out service, try on Boobys Forum http://eric.bkbobby.com/media/index.php ... eated_Maps)

You also should look at the scenarios created by our members. There are more than 100 around.
Jancsika

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:27 pm

My advice is to keep fighting for SMR!
That SMRI package has at least three maps that were "known" to crash and were "still" added after being asked not to and or Beta test the package which was refused.
The new self-contained maps will not allow custom content maps to be placed in the game all at once or it would crash.
The RR Tycoon series is in Sid's hands now
Nope...2K owns the rights to the series now...Sid "works" at 2K.
I'm sure we'll eventually get something for our interest in the RR Tycoon series.
If they make a whole new game for the series then yes. Otherwise, there is no money in this game for them anymore...it will remain as is forever on this version. Now if you were to say pay a hundred grand to 2K, then you might just see some action. :lol: So the end reality here is...where is the money.
On the other hand, if they were to make an expansion pack, like Roller Coaster 3 did...then they could "sell" the expansion packs, add more trains, landscapes and scenarios and even more. Then if it would sell, they would come back.

jayo

Post by jayo » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:49 pm

That SMRI package has at least three maps that were "known" to crash and were "still" added after being asked not to and or Beta test the package which was refused.
Really? I tried that package, it did occasionally crash, and I didn't particularly favor the maps and engines it came with. All'n'all, I just decided to stick with the built-in content.
Nope...2K owns the rights to the series now...Sid "works" at 2K.
Actually, I believe it's Firaxis that owns the rights. 2K owns the publishing rights. But both are owned by Take 2 so...

RockyNarrowGauge

Post by RockyNarrowGauge » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 pm

Don't worry about what the post above you said about SMRI. I played it also, and it worked fine. Crashes could be because of your system size. He has a habit of knocking SMRI because it got posted before he had a chance to get his map in there, and yes, it did have problems at first, but they have been repaired long ago. He has a tendency to condemn things without testing them, like the SAMs.
A person should really run and use something new before they condemn it.

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:35 pm

No...the first Rift map crashes inside SMRI because of the cotton industry not being fixed till Rift version three, whioch came out way after SMRI. I know of no updates for SMRI to fix any of the maps troubles that were in it at the time. I think side to side still crashes in SMRI as will Basin and Range as the save game feature is flawed in that mods script. I still have the file folder that SMRI is installed on and I can still fire the whole package up and run and test it and prove what is broken on several maps.

I "said" to WarII at the time, I would not place Florida Gold in SMRI as they would "not" beta test the whole package before release...I was told it must be posted by the games' birthday, so no time to test everything...not to mention the Global lists and game content were too much for the game to handle at the time what with Basin and Range being in it at the time.

Again...Rocky makes statements of things and happennings that he was not privy to at the time. He thinks everything happens inside this forum and his eyes are the way to reality. Zillions of emails and PMs carried much more information than ever can be found inside the forum.

The use of gigantic global lists can cause the game to become unstable...hence the self-contained file structure for those mods that new game contant. That stops the unstable nature. Larger maps will use allot of system memory even still.

By the way, what has Rocky "ever" contributed to this game and or forum other than raising cane every speach?
8)

RockyNarrowGauge

Post by RockyNarrowGauge » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Lowell wrote:No...the first Rift map crashes inside SMRI because of the cotton industry not being fixed till Rift version three, whioch came out way after SMRI. I know of no updates for SMRI to fix any of the maps troubles that were in it at the time. I think side to side still crashes in SMRI as will Basin and Range as the save game feature is flawed in that mods script. I still have the file folder that SMRI is installed on and I can still fire the whole package up and run and test it and prove what is broken on several maps.

I "said" to WarII at the time, I would not place Florida Gold in SMRI as they would "not" beta test the whole package before release...I was told it must be posted by the games' birthday, so no time to test everything...not to mention the Global lists and game content were too much for the game to handle at the time what with Basin and Range being in it at the time.

Again...Rocky makes statements of things and happennings that he was not privy to at the time. He thinks everything happens inside this forum and his eyes are the way to reality. Zillions of emails and PMs carried much more information than ever can be found inside the forum.

The use of gigantic global lists can cause the game to become unstable...hence the self-contained file structure for those mods that new game contant. That stops the unstable nature. Larger maps will use allot of system memory even still.

By the way, what has Rocky "ever" contributed to this game and or forum other than raising cane every speach?
8)
So, you know all of this, but you refuse to let anyone know about it?

And then we have......

5/10/2009
Lowell wrote:Plus from your last remark you are not fully reading my posts before making dumb comments. I was apposed to SMRI because they were placing known broken maps in it and weren't going to fix them. When I asked them about the issue, I was ousted. At first it seemed like a novel idea, it was just put together by the wrong group.

5/8/2009
Lowell wrote:Several of those broken maps were placed in that SMRI update, at the time I mentioned lets beta test SMRI before it gets posted to the public. I believe there were four maps that hard crashed in that update, and the sad part was they were "known" to hard crash and still were placed in the package. I was scorned for asking it be tested before release, and as a result I opted not to have Florida Gold added to the maps in SMRI and at the time many had asked I place it in the SMRI maps.

7/10/2008
Lowell wrote:They also might be mad at me because when they were making the SMRI project, I posted that several of the maps they placed in that map set crashed out and that the map makers hadn't fixed them, so we needed to beta test the SMRI project before it is published as it may do more harm than good if people load it and half of the maps crash out. Well they wanted to meet the games birth date of the 18th and they said they weren't going to test it...I declined to have my maps added to it because of that.
And I could go on. 56 remarks about SMRI, 90% cutting it down, just like you have every way other than your own. Which, by the way, you created totally from your own ideas, with ABSOLUTELY no info from Snoopy55 used at all!

And please tell me, how can anyone make any statements about anything if you are going to say they cannot if they have not had access to PMs and emails?

And PLEASE define "zillions"!!!!!

And of course I CANNOT know ANYTHING about ANYTHING that happened before I registered for this forum can I? Nope!! New members are not allowed to read anything posted in the forum prior to their becoming members. Another rule from "Lowell's Forum Rules" huh?

Whoops, new rule! People cannot say anything about anything until they have contributed to the forum and it's cause! So, tell us oh Forum King, how many posts "raising cane" is a member allowed to post for each contribution to the forum they make??? I got at least two points to my name!!!!

And since you have been wanting to get members kicked off the forum, and DO NOT deny it, let's give you a chance. You make a list of every member who has posted in the last year that has over, say, 100 posts, and everyone gets to vote for them being ousted. We'll give everyone who wants to participate 1 point for every 10 posts they have made as of this post. That gives me 4 and you 77. No rounding up. And only the top 5 or 10 get ousted. You decide that number in your snide reply. You get me in the top 5 or 10, and I will NEVER post in this forum again!! And right there you have the whole forum to witness that I said it. You and at least one other member quote this post and your reply.

By the way, not including you getting one member banned and at least one to leave this forum, what have you contributed? Oh ya, those 4 or 5 maps that will "soon" be finished "this weekend", and I can quote that from you many, many times from the last year and a half!!! Oh ya, I almost forgot the most recent one... "So my mods will be re-posted shortly.".

Go finish your maps and keep to the promises you have been making all this time and quit using members of this forum as scapegoats for your inability to do it.

RockyNarrowGauge

Post by RockyNarrowGauge » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:22 pm

And re-reading your post, none of Jancsika's Rift Valley maps got into SMRI. So, what it sounds like is you added maps to the original SMRI on your computer, so that is most likely the reason for it crashing. You need to know what you are talking about before you speak. If you know of errors in any of the maps in SMRI, then post them, along with the way to repair them. Otherwise, quit condemning it. And quit putting down other peoples work. If you know there are errors in maps or other things, then either figure out what they are and how to fix them, or stop complaining. Spend time on your own maps. Snoopy55 spent a lot of his time finding the errors in maps and fixing them, and letting the creators know what the problem was. He and Tijer worked out a way to make maps that took care of much of the problems we had, and you had to make changes in the SAM style and call it your own, and you have yet to give a final solid layout for how your way works and how others can use it. He took his workshop over to Bobby's Rails and assists people there now simply because you had to constantly complain about everything he and those working with him accomplished. And you still have yet to finish just one of your unfinished maps.

And those updates of SMRI that you know nothing of, you mention the update many times in posts you made. Just do a search for SMRI in your posts and you'll find yourself mentioning it.

AND, you claim that you refused to allow your maps because SMRI was not pre tested.......

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:00 am
Lowell wrote:
Warll wrote:I just see this as the next stage in SMR modding's evolution. With this we will be able to get may new players. The ball already seams to be rolling, Atani says he can host the finale file and even the "mod's" web site. Hes also working on the installer. I'll do what promotional stuff I an get done. We still have over 20 days to get this done. Another thing, Lowwel do you think you'll be able to get your map out by the 18th?
I can try. The 2 maps work and have been play tested a zillion times...but I have "new" buildings and such to replace the "temp" ones now in place. My oil tanker is the main trouble. The Hull and top deck are two different sections. In max you can merge them as one model...in Blender I am still digging...then I can make the UV maps and Nif files and finish. Or...I can get help to complete the models and train myself later. :) I will have time this weekend and some in the evenings this week.
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:07 am
Lowell wrote:Are you sure about those maps that have Errors? I have tested a Ton of them that fail right inside the Scenario Manager.
Warll wrote: SRMI will included all the maps we have at this time (minus testing amps and B&R demo) in working order. That means no XML errors.
What is SMRI? ...and say Warll...did that clean reload fix your troubles you were having with the games browser buttons?

Jancsika wrote: And there are future property rights. Do we know what Firaxis and 2K thinking?
Nothing...they don't care at this point. They are on other projects...mods are allowed for this game. Fraxis dropped the game to 2K's publisher/management hands for the "old" product...Fraxis is way out of the picture, most likely forgotten the game by now.
First you are all ready to have your maps put in SMRI, then you are first condemning the maps that are going to be in it, then you ask what it is! First, be sure you can accomplish what you promise. Next, if you know of problems in maps, post the problem and the possible repair. And last, know what you are talking about before you type your post. It's called research, you do it using the 'Search' button. Whoops!, forgot, you don't have time for all of that, you are to busy trying to get your maps to work and knocking down everyone else's work.

Like an echo I say again, "Go finish your maps and keep to the promises you have been making all this time and quit using members of this forum as scapegoats for your inability to do it."

Lowell

Post by Lowell » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:56 pm

Like I said Idiot...the maps are done as well as others...it is fools like you that keep me from posting them here.