Ten Tips Tutorial

Got some news? Post it here.
Falconer
Site Admin

Ten Tips Tutorial

Post by Falconer » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:42 pm

Gametrailers has posted a Ten Tips Tutorial for Railroads!

I'm not sure if the voice is someone in Firaxis, but if it is... well, I hope I'mnot offending anyone when I say that it sounds more like a language tape than Railroads! tips hehe.

congregation

Post by congregation » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:08 pm

I disagree completely with the one tip:

Never stop building.

In multiplayer it is the art of knowing exactly when to STOP building. Build too long and your competition will own a major portion of their AND your own stock. It's all about getting to a point where you will generate enough income to out-buy your opponents.

Choo

Post by Choo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:49 pm

I have my doubts about the - don't clear your trains tip too. I agree that in some cases you want all the time saving as possible, but with a low resource or a low production facility I tend to change the carts on the train just so I would give it chance to fill up again. Otherwise a very nice movie.

Amazing Ronaldo

Post by Amazing Ronaldo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:42 pm

I don't agree with the "Don't clear your trains" tip. I was watching some of my trains drop off goods and then clear the empty cars, and it turns around and starts moving as fast as a train with cars on it. Only difference I see with a train with no cars is the top speed entry on the screen for setting up the route tells me the engine alone will run faster. Maybe I should take one run and try it both ways with the train highlighted and see which operates faster.

-R

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:58 am

The 'Don't clear your cars' may be OK if you have a small station, but if you have a terminal, the changeover is quick. Also, if you haul goods downhill then return uphill empty, a string of empty cars will slow you down. Speed canb be important if you are trying to get product B4 the other guy.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....