Railroads v1.100 Patch Changelog

Got some news? Post it here.
Weps

Post by Weps » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:01 pm

Functionality - Cities can now accept raw materials directly from resources properly.

What does this mean? Delivering ore to a city that has ore->steel, steel->cars will get you cars ?

(edited quote tags)
Last edited by Weps on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gackbeard

Post by Gackbeard » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:13 pm

Weps wrote:
Functionality - Cities can now accept raw materials directly from resources properly.

What does this mean? Delivering ore to a city that has ore->steel, steel->cars will get you cars ?
No, it's a mod thing. We discovered, as a result of making the Santa scenario, that the game didn't like it when you had cities accept raw natural resources (like having cities accept coal, oil, or grain, for example). Since none of the retail scenarios did this, we never saw the behavior.

Weps

Post by Weps » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:05 pm

Ow ok, thanks for the reply :-)

Wingo

Not overclocked

Post by Wingo » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:02 am

Nothing is overclocked, OS was reinstalled not more than two weeks prior to first install, all new Display and Audio drivers, registry has been cleaned, disk optimized, files compressed, lawn mowed, honeydoos completed, i just wanna play Railroads...... :cry:

recca421

Re: But will it run?

Post by recca421 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:45 am

Wingo wrote:I sicerely do hope there are some hidden patches that will let it run more than an hour or so without freezing. I may be a minority here but I still can't play for too long without either a CTD or simply being locked up.

Curiously enough, I'm having so much fun with it I've been tolerating the crashes and taking advantage of the autosaves to keep on trucking.

DELL XPS 600
NVIDEA GeForce 7800 GTX (256)
Dual Monitors in play
Have you tried enabling error logging? I have *no* idea why it worked, but I was able to play MUCH longer if I did.

Go to :
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Railroads!\Settings.ini

Change:
Logging=0
to
Logging=1

If you've already tried this, then I can't really suggest anything else.

recca421

Post by recca421 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:48 am

Bleser wrote:
Wingo wrote:I sicerely do hope there are some hidden patches that will let it run more than an hour or so without freezing. I may be a minority here but I still can't play for too long without either a CTD or simply being locked up.

Curiously enough, I'm having so much fun with it I've been tolerating the crashes and taking advantage of the autosaves to keep on trucking.

DELL XPS 600
Dual Monitors in play
I only expierienced lock-ups when I was overclocking my video card. Are you doing this as well? Also be sure you're using the latest video card drivers. If all else fails, back up your data and try a clean intall of your OS.

Without the overclocking the game has never frozen or CTD once.
I have a factory-overclocked videocard (BFG Geforce 7600 GT OC 256mb) in my main machine, and the game runs sweet - EXCEPT for the water glitches - sometimes it's dark blue, sometimes it's light blue w/sun glare, other times it's purple!

Doesn't affect playability any, though.

Bleser

Post by Bleser » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:07 am

recca421 wrote:
Bleser wrote:

DELL XPS 600
Dual Monitors in play
I only expierienced lock-ups when I was overclocking my video card. Are you doing this as well? Also be sure you're using the latest video card drivers. If all else fails, back up your data and try a clean intall of your OS.

Without the overclocking the game has never frozen or CTD once.
I have a factory-overclocked videocard (BFG Geforce 7600 GT OC 256mb) in my main machine, and the game runs sweet - EXCEPT for the water glitches - sometimes it's dark blue, sometimes it's light blue w/sun glare, other times it's purple!

Doesn't affect playability any, though.
My old card (7800GS AGP) was factory overclocked from eVGA as well, and ran flawlessly as such. But I pushed its limits even further and that is when I started to lock up after an hour or two of play.

taouin

Post by taouin » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:15 am

still crash . on the first game after applying the patch !!!

and this website is slow too. 1/10

d53642

Post by d53642 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:09 am

The website pops up for me right away and it took like 20 secs to upload a 4 meg file to it as well.

Must be your connection your your system is bogged down with adware and spyware.

Bleser

Post by Bleser » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:58 pm

taouin wrote:still crash . on the first game after applying the patch !!!

and this website is slow too. 1/10
Are you using IE7? Turn off the automatic phishing filter if you are - the ads they use cause serious slow-downs with this filter on.

Falconer
Site Admin

Post by Falconer » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:05 pm

Considering that the ads are from renomated networks like Google and Amazon only, I find that unlikely. Unless of course MS has tried to make things ugly for Google. :)

Bleser

Post by Bleser » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:28 pm

Falconer wrote:Considering that the ads are from renomated networks like Google and Amazon only, I find that unlikely. Unless of course MS has tried to make things ugly for Google. :)
Well, I'm not sure it is the ads, that is just what someone else had said a while back. I noticed the forums to be very slow after installing IE7 - until I turned the phishing filter off, which restored things back to normal.

jaromon

Post by jaromon » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:05 pm

the phishing filter is the one reason i did not install IE7...i was at a friends house he has ie7 and a faster more stable internet conection than i do and pages loaded slow....

Bleser

Post by Bleser » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:57 pm

jaromon wrote:the phishing filter is the one reason i did not install IE7...i was at a friends house he has ie7 and a faster more stable internet conection than i do and pages loaded slow....
Well, you can turn it off... I still highly recommend IE7.

jaromon

Post by jaromon » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:30 pm

Bleser wrote:
jaromon wrote:the phishing filter is the one reason i did not install IE7...i was at a friends house he has ie7 and a faster more stable internet conection than i do and pages loaded slow....
Well, you can turn it off... I still highly recommend IE7.
true ....but the tabbed browseing i did not care for either....