Immigrant Passengers?

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
strain

Immigrant Passengers?

Post by strain » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi I just finished the North East campaign on hard route but with red mark result. Accordingly I failed to deliver the Immigrant passengers from NY to Washington. Are these Immigrant passengers distinguished from ordinary passengers?

Also. When a new train is created to run between A station to B station while all the tracks in A station are fully occupied, how the game handles this dilemma?. I did encounters numerous gridlock closing to the end of the campaign, which I end up kept on scrapping one train after another to keep the traffic flowing. Any suggestion?

Jancsika

Re: Immigrant Passengers?

Post by Jancsika » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:21 am

I failed to deliver the Immigrant passengers from NY to Washington. Are these Immigrant passengers distinguished from ordinary passengers?
No, they are just regular passengers. The game will count only the ones that were picked up in New York.
When a new train is created to run between A station to B station while all the tracks in A station are fully occupied, how the game handles this dilemma?.

Not very well.
It depends on what difficulty level you are playing at.
At easy and medium they stop for a while, but then proceed.
At high difficulty they just stop and don't move until you scrap one.
Many players are using dedicated tracks. That means that there is only one train to one track. This way there is no delay or waiting time.
To speed up the loading and unloading you have to upgrade your stations to terminals. There is no waiting time and the income from passenger and mail traffic is 50% up.
Jancsika

keotaman

Re: Immigrant Passengers?

Post by keotaman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:51 am

strain wrote:... Are these Immigrant passengers distinguished from ordinary passengers?...
No, they just have to go from NY to Wash. with no stops inbetween.