Power plant and Steel in the same city

Got a new strategy? Not sure how to do something?
darthdroid

Re: Power plant and Steel in the same city

Post by darthdroid » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:26 pm

SierraElite wrote:I tried putting both in a city and at first it seemed that every load was making the same money between them, but I tried it just now and it doesn't seem to. Has anyone else tried this with any success?

See? this discussion is about how much money they make (REVENUE) and why there would be differences. That's all I've been talking about: Revenue. Value is quite irrelevant to the discussion, isn't it?
-Bob the Lunatic

snoopy55

Post by snoopy55 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:44 pm

So basiclly, after all this hogwash and name calling and telling me to get off of your Strategy forum, the simple answer was in the Wiki, made by Red Knight, which you brought up, which you had access to and all it was was an Industry grows based on the number of carloads moved in and out of said Industry. And since both the Power Plant and the Steel Mill are getting the same number of cars coming in (unless some of the trains contain an odd number of cars) the Steel Mill will grow faster than the Power Plant.

Huh, hours of testing and only 5 minutes was needed to find the information where you knew it was. :lol:

There is something you don't know O' Thee Of All Knowledge Great And Small!, many of us have a pet name for you..... Hemiroid! You were given that name for one reason and one reason only.... YOU'RE A COMPLETE AND UNDENIABLE PAIN IN THE ASS!
Last edited by snoopy55 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm correct 97% of the time..... who cares about the other 4%....

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:05 pm

snoopy55 wrote:So basiclly, after all this hogwash and name calling and telling me to get off of your Strategy forum, the simple answer was in the Wiki, made by Red Knight, which you brought up, which you had access to and all it was was an Industry grows based on the number of carloads moved in and out of said Industry. And since both the Power Plant and the Steel Mill are getting the same number of cars coming in (unless some of the trains contain an odd number of cars) the Steel Mill will grow faster than the Power Plant.

Huh, hours of testing and only 5 minutes was needed to find the information where you knew it was. :lol:
Well, I was pleased with the research and the answers. And while Red Knight's table was key sure, the table didn't really answer Sierra's question. The table does NOT tell us that it's 50/50. Nor does the table even suggest that upgraded industries would lead to the issue at hand. Nor does it answer all these other questions: When does the industry get paid, who gets paid for steel, who gets paid for coal, snoopys questions about other mines affecting supply/demand, etc.

Now it seems that instead of appreciating the valuable information I brought to this thread-you find the need to disparage it instead.
I'd say it required some interpolation and I'm not sure why you're getting nasty again... Do you prefer conflict?
Last edited by darthdroid on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:06 pm

snoopy55 wrote:So basiclly, after all this hogwash and name calling and telling me to get off of your Strategy forum, the simple answer was in the Wiki, made by Red Knight, which you brought up, which you had access to and all it was was an Industry grows based on the number of carloads moved in and out of said Industry. And since both the Power Plant and the Steel Mill are getting the same number of cars coming in (unless some of the trains contain an odd number of cars) the Steel Mill will grow faster than the Power Plant.

Are you going to answer my question about the nitrates and pills? I thought you answered questions.
-Bob the Lunatic

darthdroid

Post by darthdroid » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:08 pm

And no, the steel mill does not grow faster (do you read anything I write??), they grow at the SAME EXACT PACE and make the SAME EXACT MONEY until the steel mill upgrades earlier or the powerplant does due to the reasons already given many, many times.

Nor does the number of cars matter. 5 cars, 3 cars, 7 cars, no matter. They each get HALF of the good (coal or oil) NO MATTER WHAT, PERIOD!!!
-Bob the Lunatic